Page 52 of 493 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: SANDALWOOD (Kannada)

Quote Originally Posted by kumar View Post
    @ballu cross breed..
    :) ..so do you watch malaylam films?? curious to know how you landed up here :)
    Last edited by ballu; 10-05-2013 at 05:19 PM.
    വിരഹത്തിൻ ചൂടേറ്റു വാടിക്കൊഴിഞ്ഞു നീ
    വിടപറയുന്നോരാ നാളിൽ
    നിറയുന്ന കണ്ണുനീര്തുള്ളിയിൽ സ്വപ്നങ്ങൾ
    ചിറകറ്റു വീഴുമാ നാളിൽ
    മൗനത്തിൽ മുങ്ങുമെൻ ഗദ്ഗദം മന്ത്രിക്കും
    മംഗളം നേരുന്നു തോഴീ

yes..I watched many Malayalam films...during Shikari movie time I ws just browsing abt the movie nd Google showed me the way...I follow Malayalam films too..recently watched 22 female Kottayam mvie..
    I steal from every movie ever made.
    Quentin Tarantino

Quote Originally Posted by kumar View Post
    yes..I watched many Malayalam films...during Shikari movie time I ws just browsing abt the movie nd Google showed me the way...I follow Malayalam films too..recently watched 22 female Kottayam mvie..

Thats
    വിരഹത്തിൻ ചൂടേറ്റു വാടിക്കൊഴിഞ്ഞു നീ
    വിടപറയുന്നോരാ നാളിൽ
    നിറയുന്ന കണ്ണുനീര്തുള്ളിയിൽ സ്വപ്നങ്ങൾ
    ചിറകറ്റു വീഴുമാ നാളിൽ
    മൗനത്തിൽ മുങ്ങുമെൻ ഗദ്ഗദം മന്ത്രിക്കും
    മംഗളം നേരുന്നു തോഴീ

saw dilwala.an average movie.decent acrting by sumanth,radhika.the first half was slightly boring.the start of second half also the same pattern.but in the last hour the movie had some very good moments.Some comedies worked.Negatives are the long romantic dialogues which i was unable to follow.Rating 2.5/5.

Edegarike screened in International women's film festival held in Mumbai nd it s the only Indian film screened there..Ramgopal Verma watched the movie ter nd praised the director Sumana Kittur...Edegarike s based on the actual incidents happened in Bangalore underworld in 90s...it s the best Kannada movie released in 2012..
    Quentin Tarantino

Lucia to be screened in Mumbai international film festival as well as international film festival of Kerala in Indian film section. ..movie buffs cn watch the film ter..
    Quentin Tarantino

Quentin Tarantino

http://www.chitraloka.com/movie-revi...ta-review.html

In his very first film, director BM Giriraj has proved to be a man with big sensibilities and with a gift for story telling. Jatta, that stars Kishore, is one of the best films in Sandalwood in years. It blends art and vision in a narrative that is both interesting and intriguing.

The film's protagonist is Jatta (Kishore) a forest guard. Though short-tempered, he is dedicated to his work and the forest. When his wife elopes with a tourist from Bangalore, Jatta's little world undergoes a huge transformation. He is easily influenced and not all of it is by good people. A honest forest officer, a social worker who uses religion as a tool to further his own good have different influences on Jatta. In the belief that women should be traditional, he decides to impose it on an accident victim whom he chains in his home in the forest. She becomes his biggest influence. It is Jatta who begins to change, but will the others recognise why he is changing. In this narrative is blended other issues of his job, social status, belief in a tribal god and sandalwood smugglers. The audience will hardly get to see a dull moment or frame in the film. It is not an edge of the seat thriller but a film that will set you thinking.

The four main actors; Kishore, Sukratha Wagle, Pavana and Premkumar give brilliant performances. Kishore even has a made-for-this-movie style of sprinting. From, the reason why one of his eyes is of a different colour to his dress, there is a fine attention to detail. The locations give the film a very natural image. The isolated house surrounded by water gets different psychological contours throughout. The camerawork and background score gives the film a touch of class. Giriraj as the writer and director of this film is a real find for Sandalwood. Kudos to producer Rajkumar for having the conviction to make this film
    Quentin Tarantino

Director Sumana Kittur is on cloud nine. This Friday has turned out to be a memorable day for one of the best known female film directors in Sandalwood. She returned to Bangalore from Mumbai on Thursday evening, but on Friday, the good news came from Mumbai itself. Maverick Bollywood producer Ram Gopal Varma sourced the DVD of Edegaarike a few days ago. He watched the movie on Thursday and called up Sumana on Friday. He got to know about the film from an author who is translating books of Agni Sridhar and Ram Gopal Varma. Varma first messaged Sumana on Friday morning and spoke to her in the evening. He was all praise for the work.
    Sumana said that Varma was surprised that a female director picked up such a subject. He asked details about the book and its author Sridhar, on which the film is based on. Varma told Sumana that making such a film in a limited market was praiseworthy and took special note of the recording and background score by Sadhu Kokila. He has promised to meet Sumana shortly. So is Sumana set for a Bollywood innings? We will know shortly.

http://www.chitraloka.com/news/4007-...a-praises.html
    Quentin Tarantino

Quentin Tarantino