Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MayaMohini- My Review

Default MayaMohini- My Review

Theater: TVM-Sreevishak
    Show: 2.30 pm, April 7 2012
    Status: Balcony-full, 1st class- almost full except few seats in the very 1st row.

When I watched Spanish Masala on it's 2nd day @ Kripa theater, there was not much of a rush and I was able to get tickets within 2 minutes. But for MayaMohini, I was shocked to see the rush in front of Sreekumar & Sreevishak yesterday afternoon. So common audience still likes the slapstick stuff from Dileep and his favt script-writers UdayKrishna- Sibi K Thomas and will rush to theaters even if they deliver craps one after the other.

Not getting much into the storyline as it's a mix of many movies with highly predictable situations. After all, we are not looking for a classic from Uday-Sibi team and our aim is to just to get entertained for 2.5 hours in theaters. To be frank, I went to watch the movie expecting another Karyasthan level only but MayaMohini is way below and may be we can compare it with Crazy Gopalan.

The 1st half was somewhat watchable with some good one-liners from Baburaj and Biju Menon. But the movie looses it's average standard once 2nd half started as most of the comedies were either vulgar or had a double meaning. There was no freshness in any sequence, songs or in any character except Dileep's makeup.

Hats off to Dileep for the makeover he attempted, but there was nothing great in his performance whereas he was so good as 'Radha' in Chandupottu. Baburaj was in top form and Spadikam George, trying to do another Captain Raju act in CID Moosa, was funny at times. Mythili, Lakshmi Rai were so so and Vijaya Raghavan, Nedumudi venu were as usual.

Overall, the movie might cater to vacation audience who likes to have some laugh in theaters and has all the ingredients to end up safe in Box Office.

Verdict: Average to below average..

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Super review Iyyer
    Thanks bhai

A
    child is like a butterfly in the wind. Some can fly higher than others.
    But each one flies the best it can. Why compare one against the other? Each one is unique, special and beautiful.

Thanks Iyer

thnx sethuramaiyer

thnx pattare...

thanks iyyer

Thanks Iyer
    The worst part in missing someone is to realize that we are going to miss them forever

Welcome Paramsivam, guitarist, harjith, micheal, xyz, kiran, identity

Thanks Iyer

ATHIRAN - GO FOR IT, EXCELLENT DEBUT BY DIRECTOR VIVEK