Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spirit - my review

Default Spirit - my review

Movie : SPIRIT
    Theatre : Cinemax 9AM Show - 16th

STORY

Like Pranchiyettan nd Indian Ruppee, A Movie which focuses more on the Incidents that happens in the life of the Protagonist rather than telling a Specific Story. If Pranchiyettan was about Pranchi realising the worthlessness of Name nd Fame, IR about Jayaprakash realising the worthlessness of Money, here Reghunandan realises how and what all he missing out in his life due to the impacts of Alcohol and how he overcomes the same. This one is more of a Message oriented movie and has less commercial values compared to the previous two Renjith movies.

SCRIPT

Ranjith's Script was a superb one with good dialogues and situations. Some People might feel that the 2nd half is dragging. I didnt feel those portions as dragging as it shows the transformation of the character and you cant expect it to be a quick one. The Comic Onliners and other dialogues were good with some being preachy which is expected in such a movie.

ACTORS

Well, No actor really gets much scope to excel since if there are 50 scenes in the movie, Lalettan is there almost 40-45 of them. He single handedly carries the movie on his shoulders with a superb performance. As every one knows, no one is there to beat him in Drunkard Acts. The Ease with which he does Comic scenes and the Drunken scenes were superb. I wont dare to go for a Comparison between Pranchi nd Reghu since Pranchi is a character who has a Inferiority Complex while Reghu has Superiority Complex. And like Renjith himself puts it, Pranchi can only be played by Mammukka and Reghu only by Lalettan.

Shankar, Lena, Nandu, Kalpana, Thilakan,Kaniha all did there roles well. Madhu was also a Surprise package in a type of role which we havent seen him yet.

OTHER ASPECTS

Songs were good though the last song was an unwanted one. BGM, Cinematography was also good.

SCENE OF THE MOVIE

One of the best scenes is the one where reghu in process of his transformation, enjoys the bright sunshine in the morning & the Rain. Superb sequences which showcases the character transformation and the realisation of what he has been missing through his alcoholic days. But the Best Scene which moved me was the climax sequence where Lal talks to his Son. Ranjith conveyed that scene without any dialogues but the impact it leaves is superb.

Not Going into +ves & -ves, since i didnt find any -ves in the movie. The only -ve being the length which could have been trimmed a bit.

Overall a very Good Movie. Dont go expecting an Entertainer, since I found it something similar to Kaioppu in the case of Entertainment values.

Rating :- 4/5.

Audience Response :- A lot of Claps through out the movie and after the Movie.

B.O Verdict :- Should be a Superhit. EKM itself has around 17 shows per day(6 each @ souk nd cinemax & saritha(1show)/savitha(3shows)/sangeetha(2shows))

Special mention to the makers for taking up such a daring attempt to make a movie on the -ve aspects of Alcoholism. Also this should be the first movie to have "Madhyapaanam/Pukavali Arogyathinu Hanikaram" warning shown on screen through out the movie. ;)

This is KRRISH Signing off from the Review Post of Spirit.
    BANG BANG!!!

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts
    Banned

takarthu mach a , hats off to you for your ordinary review but a special one

Thanksss Krrisshhh

Thanks macha...

kidilan review
    Everyone wants a Bhagat Singh to be born, but not in their house!

Thanks Krish...

Quote Originally Posted by Krrish View Post
    Movie : SPIRIT
    [FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkred]
    One of the best scenes is the one where reghu in process of his transformation, enjoys the bright sunshine in the morning & the Rain. Superb sequences which showcases the character transformation and the realisation of what he has been missing through his alcoholic days. But the Best Scene which moved me was the climax sequence where Lal talks to his Son. Ranjith conveyed that scene without any dialogues but the impact it leaves is superb.
    cool superb review..!!

Thanks Krrish.

Quote Originally Posted by b a l a r a m a n View Post
    takarthu mach a , hats off to you for your ordinary review but a special one
    ordinary kandhu ippolano review idunnathu .review is like dokumentary boring for the glorification part

thanks kriss

thanx macha