The inimitable Nivin Pauly
    July 20, 2016 | 9:41 PM
    By Nishad Padiyarath
    AddThis Sharing Buttons

Nivin Pauly.

Sharelines
    South Indian actor Nivin Pauly’s popularity surges further

South Indian actor Nivin Pauly’s popularity surges further

Extraordinarily deafening roars and whistles were heard as I entered the theatre with my family to watch the movie Premam.

My one-year old son was experiencing his first time watching a movie in a multiplex. As the movie started, whistles along with thunderous applause continued and it became even louder when the hero Nivin Pauly arrived on screen. The anticipation around his introduction sequence set everyone's heart thumping with enormous anticipation. (That’s the usual scene you witness these days if you are watching a Nivin Pauly film).

Hearing the noise, my son began to dance to the tune, cheering as he clearly enjoyed every bit of the film. Such is the adulation garnered by Nivin Pauly, South India’s newest young superstar, who is already making waves across the globe.

In a career spanning over just six years, Nivin has reached a height not everyone at his age can dream of. From a simple ‘boy next-door’ in Bangalore Days to a romantic hero in Premam, Nivin has come a long way. As an actor Nivin is wholly himself, unflappable, and a Malayali to boot.

A fan from Poland recently created a rage on social media when she uploaded a poster stating that Nivin is her favourite actor. It once again showed that his popularity has reached beyond Kerala. His movies are watched in packed theatres that one has to wait for days to get into. So what makes Nivin Pauly so special?

Filmmaker Vineeth Sreenivasan, who first introduced Nivin in Malarvadi Arts Club, had this to say: “He is always a delight to watch on screen."

“I think the reason why Nivin has reached such a height in a short span is because of his hard work.” For Vineeth, Nivin is a “lucky charm” and he doesn’t shy away from casting the popular actor in his movies.

“Every time when I sit to write a film and create a character, it’s his face that comes to my mind always,” Vineeth stated.

His recent directorial venture Jacobinte Swargarajyam starring Nivin is already a blockbuster as the film just completed 100days in the theatres.

“He goes into the detailing of every character he is cast for and that makes his movies tick,” explained Krishna Shankar, his co-star in Premam. “Nivin comes with a lot of experience and has terrific knowledge about every aspect of filmmaking. He has left me baffled many times,” Shankar said.

Nearly everyone comes from somewhere; some lineage, some school. What about Nivin Pauly? One fine day, he turned up on movie screens fully formed, untouched by influence, wholly and wonderfully himself.

For ace cinematographer Jomon T John, the actor’s simplicity is his identity. “He is someone who carries himself with exceptional simplicity and modesty in real life. It is a privilege to work with him,” John added. Recently, Nivin has impressed us in Acton Hero Biju, an unconventional cop story which went on to become a super-duper hit.

He has become a hit-machine. The movies he has acted so far has become super-hits. He is only 31 and in years to come, he will surely leave behind a wonderful legacy.

Praveen ‏@pravenbg
    Sivakarthikeyan, Nivin Pauly, Ram Charan are the chief guests for #ChiyaanVikram's #IruMugan audio launch on 2nd August. @shibuthameens

Kabali FDFS

Ram Charan, Nivin Pauly, Sivakarthikeyan to grace Vikram’s audio launch

DECCAN CHRONICLE. | ANUPAMA SUBRAMANIANPublishedJul 24, 2016, 12:22 am IST
    UpdatedJul 24, 2016, 12:22 am IST

Directed by Anand Shankar of Arima Nambi fame, this movie has Harris Jayaraj as the music composer and has been shot in many virgin locales abroad.
    Iru Mugan movie poster

[COLOR=#4B4B4B !important]Shibu Thameens is leaving no stones unturned for his big-budget production venture Iru Mugan, which features Vikram in a dual avatar, and Nayanthara and Nithya Menen as the female leads. Directed by Anand Shankar of Arima Nambi fame, this movie has Harris Jayaraj as the music composer and has been shot in many virgin locales abroad.
    [COLOR=#4B4B4B !important]Shibu has now pulled a coup of sorts by inviting top stars from the neighbouring film industries for the grand audio launch scheduled on August 2nd at a multiplex in the city.[/COLOR][COLOR=#4B4B4B !important]Accordingly, Ram Charan Teja from Tollywood, Nivin Pauly from Malayalam, and Sivakarthikeyan from namma K’town will be gracing the gala occasion. Though they are still in talks with a biggie in Bollywood, close sources reveal that Abhishek Bachchan might be attending the event as well! After all, Chiyaan Vikram is also known up north with films like Raavan, in which he shared screen space with Junior B.[/COLOR][COLOR=#4B4B4B !important]When we contacted producer Shibu, he was all smiles. Talking about the movie, he said, “Anand Shankar has given a mass and class action-entertainer. I am happy that Iru Mugan has shaped up well. Yes, we have finalised Charan, Nivin, and Siva. We are yet to finalise a Hindi star to attend the event as well.”

[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]

Bleed CHIYAANism@CHIYAANism 2h2 hours ago
    When Ramp Walk REMO turns into #Premam Kalippu mode along with @NivinOfficial

Be kind, rewind.