Page 268 of 306 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 3058

Thread: ♛ NiViN PAULY ♛ ►► The Sensational Hero ☛ Official Thread

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Nivin Pauly on breaking the mould with Richie, his foray into Tamil cinema and producing films

Sreedhar Pillai
    Nov,25 2017 10:55 15 IST

Tweet

Nivin Pauly is currently one of the most popular actors in Malayalam cinema; his films have had terrific openings, and have received a great response from family audiences — the most important viewer segment. His last release Njandukkalude Nattil Oridavela emerged as the big Onam winner. Nivin has been eyeing Kollywood for sometime now, and his second Tamil film Richie, where he will be seen playing the title role, is due for release on 8 December. In an exclusive interview to Firstpost, the soft-spoken and elusive actor opens up.
    How did you land Richie, your second film in Tamil after Neram (2013)?
    I always wanted to do a Tamil-only film; Neram was a bilingual in Malayalam and Tamil. Richie is not made as a bilingual, because I believe you can be faithful only to one language. The film is releasing in Kerala, my home state, only in the Tamil version. The trade experts in Kerala wanted it dubbed and released in Malayalam, but I made it clear that the essence of the original will be lost.
    The poster for Nivin Pauly's Richie. Image from Facebook

Is it a remake of Kannada star and director Rakshit Shetty’s hit film Ulidavaru Kandanthe?
    Yes, you can say that it is an adaptation and not a scene-to-scene remake. When Gautham Ramachandran, the director of Richie, narrated the Tamil script, I was hooked.
    Tell us about the character you play in the film.
    I play a local rowdy in this crime drama which revolves around a mysterious murder that happens during a village festival. A journalist played by Shraddha Srinath tries to piece together the incidents that lead to the death of the person in question. The story is told through five different people, with each one narrating his or her own version of the incident. There are interesting shades to each of the characters, as well as twists. I saw a sneak preview of Richie and loved it because it is slickly made and pacy with a running time of two hours.
    Premam is the film that established you as a Malayalam superstar and also allowed you to capture the market outside Kerala, as the film ran in a Chennai screen for 258 days. Is this the reason why you are doing films in Tamil?
    I would say that today, cinema cannot be rooted to a particular language or region as it has become global. Social media has changed the way we look and react to a film. I’m always on the lookout for exciting scripts and a fusion of cinema. I will be doing another Tamil film next year, based on a script written by producer RD Raja of 24 AM and directed by a debutant. Right now I have completed an exciting film, Moothon, directed by Geetu Mohandas in Malayalam. Anurag Kashyap has written the Hindi dialogues of this fantasy adventure shot in Mumbai and Lakshadweep.
    One of Premam's posters. Image from Facebook

A lot of people in Kerala say that you should stick to Malayalam films which are your core strength, instead of doing films in other languages. Your thoughts?
    What excites me is the script; the language is not a barrier. I have a lot of Malayalam movies coming up back-to-back. I always try to choose films with strong content – something audiences can relate to. Equally, I also consider how I can make such strong content commercially viable. I also believe that there is an audience out there which wants to see me experiment. I do not want to fall into an image trap. After Premam, I received more offers to do only romantic characters, but if you look at my last few releases, I have played varied characters. And in Richie I have broken the mould; there is not a single romantic scene in the film! (laughs).

Veteran directors in the Malayalam film industry say that you are ignoring them and giving dates only to newcomers. Why?
    It happened such that I have given breaks to directors who have come out with terrific scripts like Premam, Vadakkan Selfie, Jacobinte Swargarajayam, Sakhavu, Njandukkalude Nattil Oridavela, and they worked for me at the box-office too. I’m also working with seniors like Shyama Prasad and Rosshan Andrews in my upcoming films.
    What are your upcoming projects?
    After Richie my next release is Shyama Prasad’s Hey Jude, a romantic story where Trisha plays my heroine. Then I will start work on Love, Action Drama, which is the directorial debut of Dhyan Sreenivasan, the brother of director and producer Vineeth Sreenivasan’s (director of Malarvadi Arts Club, Nivin’s first film, and Jacobinte Swagarajayam). Nayanthara is the heroine in this film. Right now, I’m shooting for the big budget project Kayamkulam Kochunni, a Robin Hood-like highway man who lived in 19th century Kerala. I have learned kalaripayattu and horse riding, and am very excited about this film which has been shot in natural light by ace cameraman Binod Pradhan. It will be my summer 2018 release.
    Now you have forayed into production too...
    Yes I have produced two films; Action Hero Biju, a very satisfying film, which received acclaim from critics and at the box-office. The film is now being remade in Hindi by Rohit Shetty with Ajay Devgn. I also produced Njandukkalude Nattil Oridavela. The next production will be on the mysterious disappearance of the ship Kairali owned by the state government, which occurred a few years back.
    A still from Action Hero Biju. Image from Facebook

You seem to be in a happy frame of mind, with recent addition to the family.
    I’m happy and contended; my career is going well and five months ago, my daughter Rose Treesa was born, which brought a lot of joy to my family. My son Daveed Pauly is a lovable brat. I think it is all a blessing.

Kollywood
    Not nervous, only excited about my first Tamil film: Nivin Pauly to TNM

Nivin also spoke about his perceived rivalry with Dulquer Salmaan.

At 33, this engineer-turned-actor is one of the most sought-after stars in the Malayalm film industry.
    After debuting in Vineeth Srinivasan’s Malarvaadi Arts Club in 2010, Nivin Pauly was seen in minuscule roles in several multi-starrers until Vineeth offered him the lead role in Thattathin Marayathu a year later.
    His puckish charm, versatility and rapport with his team members soon made him a favourite. With films like Neram, Ohm Shanti Oshana, Bangalore Days, Oru Vadakkan Selfie, Premam and Action Hero Biju, he’s established himself as a commercially viable hero.
    Nivin has no hassles playing second fiddle to a heroine as is the case in Ohm Shanthi Oshana or Mili, nor is he fussy about appearing in diminutive roles like in Vikramadithyan, English or Ivide. As an actor Nivin is often accused of favouring the younger generation of filmmakers and playing it safe choosing commercial movies over performance-oriented roles.
    The actor’s upcoming Tamil film Richie is all set to release on December 8th. At the audio launch of Richie in Chennai, the star opened up about the perceived box office rivalry with Dulquer Salmaan and moving away from the beaten track with an interesting line-up of films.
    You are a popular hero in Malayalam where you are a huge star. What made you take time off to do a full-length Tamil movie?
    I had always wanted to do a straight Tamil film. My earlier film Neram was a bilingual. Karthik Subbaraj bought the rights for one of my Malayalam short films directed by Alphonse Puthren and it became part of an anthology called Aviyal. I thought Richie would be the perfect script for me to do a proper Tamil film.
    How do you feel about the way your earlier films like Bangalore Days and Premam were received in Tamil Nadu?
    It’s every actor’s dream that their films do well and register a 100-day run at the box office. It doesn’t happen often, but Premam was a blessing. It did as well in Tamil Nadu as in Kerala and was well-received by the people in the state. I am really grateful for its success.
    I had got several calls from the actors and technicians in the Tamil film industry after Bangalore Days, Premam and Action Hero Biju. I think if the film is good and connects emotionally, language doesn’t matter, people will watch it anyway.
    Richie is being touted as a Nivin Pauly movie—clearly capitalising on the fan base you garnered with Premam. As the film rests squarely on your shoulders, do you feel any pressure?
    I’m not nervous, only excited about doing a Tamil film. I don’t feel any pressure as I am only concentrating on giving a good quality film. The post production, music, sounds- everything have to be in sync with the film. They should not lag, but be engaging and moving. These are certain factors that we have been working on during post production. We have been editing and shuffling the scenes. We are happy with the result and I’m not worried about the film. There’s no point in feeling any pressure. The focus should instead be on delivering a quality film. The music and sound treatment is very different in Richie, so is the making technique.
    You chose to work with a newbie director Gautham Ramachandran. How’s the experience been?
    I have known Gautham for the past five years or so. He’s worked with reputed filmmakers like Rajeev Menon and Mysskin. He had a clear idea about the making, the soundtrack and besides, the film is a remake of a Kannada film (Ulidaravu Kandanthe). This film is Gautham’s take on the original. You will find that the first few scenes, the interval, the ending and the narration are all entirely different in the Tamil version. We had already seen the original film, so I had a reference point as far as the character goes. I have not tried to mimic the actor in the Kannada version, but have tried to do it to the best of my ability.

Was it easy to switch to Tamil? What kind of preparations went into the role?
    The dubbing required quite some time and effort on my part. I had to work on the slangs in Tamil. But the role as such did not require much preparation because the character I played was spontaneous and unpredictable. I have never played the role of a fearless, local, Tamil rowdy. I hope the audiences in Tamil Nadu like it.
    Your films have been huge successes and you command a good box office opening in Kerala. You are often compared with Dulquer Salmaan, who is pitted against you as a box office rival. How do you respond to that?
    I never respond to such things. I have a very good relationship with Dulquer. It all depends on what we focus on—whether we concentrate on the competition or on giving good films. What happens with others’ films, successes, failures—nothing disturbs me. I am only concentrating on my films- on making them better, releasing them more widely, marketing them properly and trying to reach more audiences.
    You also seem to favour the younger (new-generation) filmmakers than the older lot, except a stray film or two with a Lal Jose (Vikramadithyan) and Sathyan Anthikkad (Puthiya Theerangal.) Is that your comfort zone?
    It’s not about the comfort zone. I just wait for the right script. I have worked with newcomers in 80 per cent of the films as the scripts excited me more. I don’t differentiate between new and old directors—if the script is good and if I can handle the role, I just accept them. My priorities while choosing a script is just that I have to be excited by the script. That’s my only criterion.
    You are currently working on a biopic on a Robin Hood-styled highwayman directed by Rosshan Andrrews. That’s a first for you—could you tell us more about the film?
    Yes, I am currently shooting for Kayamkulam Kochunni. It’s a biopic and the biggest film that I have done in my career so far- both in terms of the canvas and the budget. It’s a period film and shoot is time-consuming. The shooting schedule itself may last for about 100-125 days. It’s an interesting film.
    The poster of Moothon garnered a lot of attention. The film is being produced by Anand L Raai and Anurag Kashyap is collaborating with director Geetu Mohandas in writing the dialogues. Tell us more:
    Nivin: Moothon is a totally different experience for me. The team is very vibrant. Fifty percent of the film is in Hindi and the Malayalam parts are in Lakshadweep dialect. I still have a schedule left.
    And you are teaming up with Shyama Prasad again for Hey Judeafter English: An Autumn in London and Ivide?
    Nivin: Yes, this would be my third film with Shyama Prasad. I had always wanted to work on a full-length role with him, as the earlier ones were multi-hero films. Shyam sir’s films have a different set of audience and his films are totally different from the films that I do regularly. So I want to explore that area also.
    Instead of doing commercial films all the time, I also have to do a few performance-oriented roles, especially with a director who brings out the best from an actor. It’s always refreshing to work with such directors who mentor you on the nuances of acting and teach you to emote. Guidance from such directors will always help you grow as actors.
    Last edited by dhakarn; 11-25-2017 at 08:53 PM.

Nivin Pauly on Richie: It was a dream to do a Tamil filmSouth India's young superstar Nivin Pauly says there is a huge expectations on his first straight Tamil film Richie slated to release on December 8, after his super hit Malayalam film Premam ran for more than 200 days in Tamil Nadu.
    Speaking in an interview with Sreedhar Pillai for India Glitz, the young actor said: "I always wished doing a Tamil film. It was indeed a dream. When my first bilingual movie Neram was released in Tamil, I and its director Alphonse Puthran wished it ran 100 days but unfortunately it didn't. But when we released Premam it ran for more than 200 days here in Tamil Nadu and we never expected that. You can never predict the life of a film. But with Premam getting an overwhelming response there is a huge expectation on Richie," the actor added.
    Directed by debutant Gautham Ramachandran, Richie will be released worldwide on December 8. Produced by Vinod Shornur and Anand Payyanur, the movie also features Prakash Raj and Shradha Srinath.

Last edited by dhakarn; 11-25-2017 at 08:52 PM.

Posted my views on Superstar movies post 2010 just to show how consistent they are in giving us common people a genuine movie to cherish.

I feel next generation stars are really a step ahead in entertaining us than superstars.

2010 Malarvaadi Arts Club - Average

2011 The Metro - Crap / Sevenes - Crap

2012 Thattathin Marayathu - Good / Chapters - Crap / Bhoopadathil Illatha Oridam - Crap / Puthiya Theerangal - Crap /

2013 Neram - Above Average / English - Average / 5 Sundarikal - Crap (Nivins episode)/ Arikil Oraal - Crap

2014 1983 - Good / Ohm Shanthi Oshaana - Good / Bangalore Days - All time favourite / Vikramadithyan- Average

2015 Mili - Average / Oru Vadakkan Selfie - Average / Ivide - Crap / Premam - Good

2016 Action Hero Biju - Above Average / Jacobinte Swargarajyam - Above Average

2017 Sakhavu - Below Average / Njandukalude Nattil Oridavela - Good / Richie - Crap

2018 Hey Jude - Average
    Last edited by realcinemas; 02-11-2018 at 09:37 PM.
    Onam movies *

FINALS - GENUINE ATTEMPT: 3.5 / 5

PORINJU MARIYAM JOSE: 3 / 5

BROTHERS DAY - 2.5 / 5

LOVE, ACTION, DRAMA - Average: 2.5 / 5

ITTIMANI MADE IN CHINA - Total mess: 1 / 5

Finally Booking opend#​Premam fever again​ !!!!! Re releasing for the 6th time in TamilNadu ​

Director #Vyshakh's next will have @NivinOfficial in the lead! The movie is touted to be a Campus Movie. Script will be penned by Udayakrishna and movie will start its shoot in August Mid !

10. Likes Cinema Freaken liked this post

DQ, Nivin, Fahad, Tovino... shining stars will rule coming decades...