Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Spanish national Football team-Updates***

No.1..
    The Man Who Never Stops To Amaze Me - MAMMOOTTY !!!

2. Likes yash liked this post

Spain vs Peurto rico today...

spain beat peurto rico by 2-1...

Sergio Ramos blames defensive tactics and a bad pitch for Spain's narrow win over Georgia - Goal.com

It looked as though the reigning world champions were going to get their campaign off to a stuttering start in Tbilisi, but a late strike from Roberto Soldado spared their blushes.

After the fixture, the Real Madrid defender admitted that La Roja had been uncertain of what to expect from their opponents and revealed that the pitch had hindered his side's performance.

"We didn't know how Georgia would play. We saw their defensive attitude and that made it very difficult for us. Besides, the pitch did not help our style of play," Ramos said to Telecinco.

"[I was] not at all [surprised by Georgia's tactics]. When a team respect you, this is what happens. But we can't live in the past, we have to keep ahead and keep on winning."

Goalscorer Soldado also voiced his displeasure at the heavy defending by the Georgians, but stated he was happy to get on the score-sheet.
    "It was a hard-worked victory against a team that gave us the ball and they got all [their] people in their area," he said to TVE after the game.

"We have had many chances to score, but the important thing is to get the few we have had and fortunately we did.

"It was frustrating because in the penalty area I was continually surrounded and there was little space to move. So I had to move myself as simply as I could to score."

Nevertheless, coach Vicente del Bosque was merely pleased to have picked up all the points in their opening match as Spain begin their journey to defend their title in Brazil.

"We have done everything but we lacked a bit in finishing. These are three important points," Del Bosque told reporters after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by baazigar89 View Post
    Sergio Ramos blames defensive tactics and a bad pitch for Spain's narrow win over Georgia - Goal.com

It looked as though the reigning world champions were going to get their campaign off to a stuttering start in Tbilisi, but a late strike from Roberto Soldado spared their blushes.

After the fixture, the Real Madrid defender admitted that La Roja had been uncertain of what to expect from their opponents and revealed that the pitch had hindered his side's performance.

"We didn't know how Georgia would play. We saw their defensive attitude and that made it very difficult for us. Besides, the pitch did not help our style of play," Ramos said to Telecinco.

"[I was] not at all [surprised by Georgia's tactics]. When a team respect you, this is what happens. But we can't live in the past, we have to keep ahead and keep on winning."

Goalscorer Soldado also voiced his displeasure at the heavy defending by the Georgians, but stated he was happy to get on the score-sheet.
    "It was a hard-worked victory against a team that gave us the ball and they got all [their] people in their area," he said to TVE after the game.

"We have had many chances to score, but the important thing is to get the few we have had and fortunately we did.

"It was frustrating because in the penalty area I was continually surrounded and there was little space to move. So I had to move myself as simply as I could to score."

Nevertheless, coach Vicente del Bosque was merely pleased to have picked up all the points in their opening match as Spain begin their journey to defend their title in Brazil.

"We have done everything but we lacked a bit in finishing. These are three important points," Del Bosque told reporters after the game.
    Happy for Soldado
    "If the ball is a crying toddler, then Andres Iniesta's first touch is a lullaby..."

Carles Puyol will play his 100th match for Spain in the friendly against Uruguay to be played in Qatar. What a way to bring up 100 caps. He will play with the Captain's armband!!! I hope RFEF and Delbosque won't be influenced by narrowminded Spanish Nationalism to deny the armband to the great Catalan .

Visca Barca.
    Viva Espana.

innale France ne tholpichu......... 1-0..... Pedro 59"
    Dulquer da.......

Quote Originally Posted by Deewana View Post
    No.1..
    European and world champion..........
    Dulquer da.......

Quote Originally Posted by yash View Post
    European and world champion..........
    L Equipe the most popular French Daily wrote yesterday , after Spain defeated France yet again in a must win match , "The reds were ruthless". It's not often a Nation's media praises the opposition just after a match, that too after defeating them in their own backyard in a crunch match. This Spain team continues their fairy tail.
    "If the ball is a crying toddler, then Andres Iniesta's first touch is a lullaby..."

Confederations Cup: Xabi Alonso out for Spain through injury

Former Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso is out of Spain's Confederations Cup squad because of a groin injury.

The Real Madrid player is one of threenames cut from the provisional 26-man squad, with fellow midfielders Javi Garcia of Manchester City and Benat Etxebarria of Real Betis also released.

Chelsea's Fernando Torres and Arsenal's Santi Cazorla are among seven England-based players included.

The 2013 Confederations Cup takes place in Brazil from 15-30 June.