Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Boss & Theevram- My Reviews

Default My Boss & Theevram- My Reviews

Movie: My Boss
    Theater: EKM-Padma
    Show: 9 pm, Nov 15 2012

Heard the movie is inspired from an English movie ‘The Proposal’, but if it can be presented neatly to malayalee audience what’s wrong in doing so?

Story: Manu Varma (Dileep) works as an assistant to his boss Priya (Mamata) in a software company. Due to certain circumstances, Priya forces Manu to play the role of her husband and the issues they face is presented in a light hearted manner laced out with humor completely.

Director Jeethu Joseph of ‘Detective’ & ‘Mummy & Me’ fame has done a very good job in presenting a feel good movie with situation comedies throughout. Casting was perfect especially with the characters played by Dileep, Mamata and SaiKumar. There is never a dull moment except for the final 20 minutes, where it looked like a hurried attempt to make a forced happy ending with some melodrama.

It was a pleasure to watch Dileep in a role like he played in Vinodayatra, Ishtam etc where comedies were not loud or he did not have a set of comedy artist to create laughter with slapstick numbers. With the current set of heroines we have in Malayalam now, Mamata Mohandas seemed to be the only choice to play a rude bossy kind of role and she had almost pulled it off except in few sequences.

Saikumar was as always fantastic in a positive character role while Kalabavan Shajoon as Dileep’s friend was funny with some terrific one-liners. Music was strictly average so as the picturization. Showing Tejomaya building of Kochi, Infopark as a busy IT office in Mumbai seemed to be silly as the same building has been shown as a hi-tech office located in Kochi in many other Malayalam movies.

On the whole, My Boss is a clean entertainer without anything extra ordinary, but you can easily enjoy 2 hours of fun ride.

Verdict: Feel-good family entertainer

Movie: Theevram
    Theater: TVM-Sreepadmanabha
    Show: 9.30 pm, Nov 17 2012
    Status: Balcony-full, 1st class- not sure, may be above 60%.

Dulqur’s 3rd movie after successful outings with ‘Second Show’ and ‘Ustad Hotel’, definitely expectations were there as his previous movies were not conventional entertainers. I was more interested to watch this movie when my friend Vishnu, got an opportunity to play the role of Dulqur’s friend.

Story: The first half deals with Harsha (Dulqur) kidnapping an auto driver and second half shows who Harsha is and why he does this in a flashback sequence, but the movie literally end at interval time.

Debut Director Roopesh had tried an experiment in unconventional style of narrating the movie with old 80’s model revenge story. From the trailer, it seemed to be a dark thriller but at the end it isonly dark and thrill factor is missing as everything was predictable.

Dulqur Salman does his role well especially in emotional sequences and his looks were also matching the role. Among the supporting cast, Sreenivasan was as usual good and Vinay who played Sreeni’s side-kick was also fine. Vishnu Raghav as Dulqur’s friend got a good screen space but needs to improve in his dubbing while Anu Mohan as the villain came up with a good show. Female leads looked good but their acting was strictly average.

Cinematography was good in parts with usage of dark color tone but the slow motion effect used in climax fight sequence and the background score used during that portion was totally irritating. The duration was not that long but still the movie lagged here and there, a better editing could have helped to make the viewers to feel the movie as a crisp thriller even though there was nothing surprising.

On the whole, director Roopesh could not impress much in his debut but can be appreciated for trying out something different with an usual story line.

Verdict: Below Average to Average

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

thanks iyyer...

Thanks Sethuramaiyer

thanks iyyer

thanks Sethu .Appol a building bandra kurla complexile city bank building alle Enikaghane anu thonniyathu

thanks iyere...

thanks....

thankssssssssss

thanks iyyer
    FK LOVER

Thanks bhai.............