Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Reviews of X mas movies...

Default My Reviews of X mas movies...

Karmayodha

Karmayodha is one of those films that has all the right ingredients yet to leave the hall a bit dis-satisfied with the film.U get a feeling that had the makers tried a bit more then this ceratinly have been a good intense movie on a very sensitive and contemporary issue.Movie starts off pretty well,liked Major's voice-over band even the 'kavita' at the beginning.making no pretensions in making the viewer feel that its going to be an intense film with noble intentions.But proceedings dont really match up to the intentions.In 1st half there is only little focus on mohanlal.but the scenes involving him definitely give you a high.U certainly cant call the movie bad at this point,the scripting is pretty mich decent and focused.But u ceratinly get a feeling that major is not really confident in his abilities and that many of the scenes could have been canned effectively.Come ,the pre-climax portions the script also goes hay-wire ,after that it just ends up as a hero-worship and every thing ends very predictably..but lal ensures that u invest urself in ur seat through the complete duration of the film...for him alone,this film deserves a watch.

Rating - 2.5/5

DA THADIYA

Da thadiya,is not really the kind of film that will stay in your head for a long-while nor is it a movie that demands repeated viewing.but its a charming,entertaining film that's dealt with freshness.if cast was a major-letdown in karmayodha,then here it is the saviour...Nivin Pauly,Arundathi nag,Jayaraj warrier and more-over lead players were all perfectly cast and put-up inspired performances.the best thing about the film is that the dialogues are wonderfully natural and candid.and you get some delicious one-liners that you rarely get to hear in movies.the socially relevant sub plots give real stability to the movie,what must be appreciated is cinematic brain of aashiq..even without anything really substantial or earth-shattering in screenplay,he keeps viewer engaged through his talented cinematic abilities.and Da thadiya is one film that greatly benefits from that fact.the technical team is top-notch as usual,with some high class photography from shyju khalid.had the film connected more on an emotional level,then it cud have been more engaging and meaningful..anyway,a definite one-time watch

Rating - 2.75/5

Bavootyude Namathil

Though its directed by g.s vijayan,it is looked upon more as a film from renjith..and allow me,to do my analysis on that basis as well..ranjith follows his usual structure in this movie as well..in 1st half its all character establishment.and you have to wait for the latter half for the real story to unfurl..to give the due credit.Ranjith has managed the former part of it withou major hiccups here as well...and vijayan too was able to lend a simple charm to the proceedings..though a wait for anything substantial to arrive makes you impatient.the authentic dialoguies and fine performances ensure that movie ccosts along breezily till intermission...but after that things go south,u watch whole proceedings with disappointment and disbelief.the central confilcts are surprisingly mediocre.and the new characters that enter the arena are real half-baked.gs vijayan fails to hide deficiencies of screenplay here,rather he exposes it further ....by trying to unnecessarily confuse viewer through silly narrative tricks...the performances in the movie are credible...mammooty does a good job but doesnt hve anything new to do.kavya had ample screen presence in 1st half and she managed it pretty well....shankar ramakrisnan's performance was disappointing,especially in the pre-climax portions.In the end the only things that stick with you after the end of the film are some funny moments in first half...but the charm that i mentioned,ensures that movie doesnt up as a total disappointments like recent mammooty fares...All said and done.both we and mammuka desrved better from ranjith

Rating - 2.25/5

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Good veiws machaa...

Shankar was a point which i missed out in my review..it was really a let down

thanks bhat

super review

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy04 View Post
    Good veiws machaa...

Shankar was a point which i missed out in my review..it was really a let down
    Welcome Eazy.chumma oru muscle piditham.kadapartatl entenkilum duroohata undenkil shrei.ithu chumma

7. Likes jeeva liked this post

Jaada buji.... ninaku thanx illa....

9. Likes praviatfk liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by asuyalu View Post
    thanks bhat
    welcome bhai.....

Quote Originally Posted by B I L A L View Post
    Jaada buji.... ninaku thanx illa....
    2nd half pora macha.....

Quote Originally Posted by KUDUMBI View Post
    super review
    welcome bhai..

Thanks bhat...Shankar nu pakaram Anoop Menon aayirinnel engane undaayene? Anoop nu vendi ezhuthiya role aanennu kettirinnu.

14. Likes Daniel John liked this post