Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Da Thadiya & I Love Me - Reviews !

Default Da Thadiya & I Love Me - Reviews !

Da Thadiya

Palakkad Priyadarshini | Noon Show | 25.12.12 | Around 50 - 60 people

Da Thadiya, the name itself raised the curiosity levels when the movie was announced and mainly due to its hero charater, a fat guy. The movies revolves around the life of Luke(Sekhar Menon) a fat guy whos main job is to eat food and roam around with this cousin Sunny aka Shaddy(Sreenath Basi). Then comes Ann Mary(Ann Augustine), Luke's childhood sweetheart and what happens next form the story with a political angle thrown into it.

The script is not fat as the hero of the story as its wafer thin and there lies the movie's weakness. The first 20 or odd minutes feels amatuerish and after that it picks up and goes down again and finishes of with decent climax. Aashique Abu tries to hide the script's limitations with his direction and he succeeds to a certain extent. Yes, there are some good moments in the film, but as they say some good moments doesnt make a good movie.

Shekar Menon in his debut is ok and dont know why he speaks very less in the movie. Sreenath Basi is good and it is he who narrates the entire story. Ann Augustine looks chubby and has nothing much to do. Other characters did their part.

Cinematography by Shyju Khalid is good with nice visuals aided by some good BGM and songs by Bijibal. The movies is only around 2 hrs and so no complaints of editing department.

Kudos to Aashique Abu for trying a different theme and with some message about the current happenings in the society. Had the script had been better it Da Thadiya would have been a better film. Overall the movie is average considering the expectations around it but still watchable.

Rating : 2/5
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________

I LOVE ME

Palakkad Aroma | Matinee | 25.12.12 | Around 70 people

I LOVE ME is all about the mysteries and twists. You have Prem(Asif Ali) and Savy(Unni) who are assigned a job by Ram Mohan(Anoop Menon) in Bangkok. There they meet Samantha(Isha Talwar) and naturally they have a liking for her. But Ram Mohan is a man of mysteries and as they story unfold with several twists you get it know what all the fuzz is about. May be because i have read the reviews here i could predict the twists.

Asif Ali and Unni are ok nothing much to perform. Anoop Menon comes with his usual english dialogues. Isha Talwar has a good structure and is just for the eye candy.

Cinematography is ok and the 2 songs are hummable. As with Da Thadiya, this one also has running time of 2 hrs only.

The first was ok which went in nice pace and its in the second half all the drama happens. The problem is that its not engaging. At the end you feel as just another average movie.

Rating : 2/5

PS : Since it was a holiday thought that there would be rush but was surprised to see very little of it. Both Da Thadiya and I Love Me had poor status for both noon show and matinee. Karmayodha had a decent rush for both Noon and Matinne shows. May be it will pick up by the first show.

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Thanks bhai............

4. Likes singam liked this post

Thanks singam...

6. Likes singam liked this post

thanx singham,pothuve kuzhappamillatha opinion anu da thadiyakku varunnathu.but trivandruthu allathe verengum status improve akunnilla
    FK LOVER

Thnx singam.

9. Likes singam liked this post

Thanks singam...

11. Likes singam liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by sankarsanadh View Post
    thanx singham,pothuve kuzhappamillatha opinion anu da thadiyakku varunnathu.but trivandruthu allathe verengum status improve akunnilla

aaru paraju caliut okke sunday kairaliyilum multiplexilum ella showsum HF aau. palakkad ennu Firstshow HF aanu

13. Likes singam liked this post

thanks..................

15. Likes singam liked this post

Welcome All..

thanks singam...