Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Da Thadiya & I Love Me- My Reviews

Default Da Thadiya & I Love Me- My Reviews

Movie: Da Thadiya
    Theater: EKM-Savitha
    Show: Dec 24 2012, 9 pm

Watched the movie after hearing mixed opinion and as reviewed by many, it's a mixed bag. Credits to Ashiq Abu for trying out different themes in all of his films and in 'Da Thadiya' also, it's his stylish presentation that makes the movie work.

Performance wise, Sreenath Basi rocked and his narrating part was funny. Shekhar Menon as Thadiyan lacked expressions, but Ashiq has managed him to act somehow. Ann Augustine was so so and her dubbing was a big letdown while Nivin Pauly looked stunning. Maniampilla Raju, Edavela Babu, Knightrider grandma etc all were good in their supporting roles.

Bijipal's music, background score and Shyju Khaled's cinematography were super strong in technical side, but the main technical aspect- screenplay was just ok.

Overall, it's an Ashiq Abu film and he has able to create some interesting moments here and there to make it a decent watch.

Verdict: Watchable

Movie: I Love Me
    Theater: EKM-Kavitha
    Show: Dec 25 2012, 9 pm

Had good hopes on the movie since it's from director B.Unnirkshnan after an impressive Grandmaster this year. But still not sure why he directed a movie which was not written by him as I feel he is a better writer than a director.

I Love Me could have been a fine thriller had Sethu's script been more gripping. In a thriller, there should be at least some cracking moments which viewers should say 'wow!! that was thrilling or unexpected..' But sadly, there is nothing in this movie apart from 3-4 twist which becomes easily predictable towards the end.

Positives:
    • Asif Ali was surprisingly better compared to others.
    • Isha talwar looked beautiful.
    • Rozzes and Shivetan
    • Duration is less than 2 hours

Negatives:
    • Very boring to see Anoop Menon in a Engish speaking stylish role again and again.
    • Unni Mukandan looked completely wooden and seems to be good only in action.
    • Biju Papan's utterly boring comic act
    • Sethu's script.
    • Unnikrishnan's direction.

Verdict: Disappointing
    Last edited by sethuramaiyer; 12-30-2012 at 12:18 AM.

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Thanks sethuramaier........

FK Visitor

thanks mr iyer

thnx iyer bhai....

thanks bhai ..

FK Citizen

thanks bhai

Thanks for the review

Quote Originally Posted by sethuramaiyer View Post
    Movie: Da Thadiya
    Theater: EKM-Savitha
    Show: Dec 24 2012, 9 pm

Watched the movie after hearing mixed opinion and as reviewed by many, it's a mixed bag. Credits to Ashiq Abu for trying out different themes in all of his films and in 'Da Thadiya' also, it's his stylish presentation that makes the movie work.

Performance wise, Sreenath Basi rocked and his narrating part was funny. Shekhar Menon as Thadiyan lacked expressions, but Ashiq has managed him to act somehow. Ann Augustine was so so and her dubbing was a big letdown while Nivin Pauly looked stunning. Maniampilla Raju, Edavela Babu, Knightrider grandma etc all were good in their supporting roles.

Bijipal's music, background score and Shyju Khaled's cinematography were super strong in technical side, but the main technical aspect- screenplay was just ok.

Overall, it's an Ashiq Abu film and he has able to create some intersting moments here and there to make it a descent watch.

Verdict: Watchable

Movie: I Love Me
    Theater: EKM-Kavitha
    Show: Dec 25 2012, 9 pm

Had good hopes on the movie since it's from director B.Unnirkshnan after an impressive Grandmaster this year. But still not sure why he directed a movie which was not written by him as I feel he is a better writer than a director.

I Love Me could have been a fine thriller had Sethu's script been more gripping. In a thriller, there should be at least some cracking moments which viewers should say 'wow!! that was thrilling or unexpected..' But sadly, there is nothing in this movie apart from 3-4 twist which becomes easily predictable towards the end.

Positives:
    • Asif Ali was surprisingly better compared to others.
    • Isha talwar looked beautiful.
    • Rozzes and Shivetan
    • Duration is less than 2 hours

Negatives:
    • Very boring to see Anoop Menon in a Engish speaking stylish role again and again.
    • Unni Mukandan looked completely wooden and seems to be good only in action.
    • Biju Papan's utterly boring comic act
    • Sethu's script.
    • Unnikrishnan's direction.

Verdict: Disappointing
    machane decent nte spelling padippikkaan pattumonnu njan onnukoodi nokkattae...
    For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

thnks............

Quote Originally Posted by J Square View Post
    machane decent nte spelling padippikkaan pattumonnu njan onnukoodi nokkattae...
    hehe.. adutha thavane sheri aakam..

Welcome all