Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fisherman's Review of Kammath and Kammath

Default Fisherman's Review of Kammath and Kammath

Fisherman's Review of Kammath & Kammath

Jan 27, 5:30 PM Show.
    EKM - Q Cinemas

Saw the much awaited Kammath today along with my family. As a Mam fan my expectation was to see something like Pokkiriraja. Same for my wife too since she also loves Pokkiriraja and is also a fan of most of the Dileep Siby - Uday movies. That said I had mixed expectations after seeing reviews in FK and the opinion from some of my friends.

To be frank the movie ended up as a mediocre stuff for me. It neither satisfied the Pokkiriraja fan in me nor the Dileep fan in my wife. The movie ends up just as an average watchable entertainer which does not get you bored at any point of time, but does not give any electrifying experience like Pokkiriraja. For my wife it did not give any opportunity to laugh out loud like Mohini or My Boss.

The film is watchable mainly because of the on screen chemistry between Mam and Dileep and of course Baburaj's one liners. The main problem with the movie is the characterization of lead character especially Mam. It does justice to the Kammath community and their beliefs but does not do justice to Mammooty the star. Kammath-umaar samaadhaana premikalokke aayirickaam, pakshe anganoru Naayakane oru Mass Masala film-il pattathillallo. Mammooty-ude inganathe cinemakalil Malayalikal expect cheyunnadhu, paurusham niranjaadunna Naayakaneyaanu. Malayalikalude manasil innum Paurushathinte avasaana vakkaanu ee nadan. Aa oru mannerisms exploit cheyunna onnum thanne padathil undaayilla ennuladhaanu ee padathinte ettavum valliya poraayma. Mattu naayakanmaar thamaasa kalarnnadhum, kusruthy niranjadhum aaya heroism maathram kaanichaalum Malayalikal accept cheyum, kaaranam avaril ninnum adhe expect cheyunnollu. Mammootty-il ninnum nammal thamaasa kalarnna heroism Pokkirirajayilum, Rajamanickyathilum okke kandittundenkilum, adhilokkeyum thante sabdha gaambeeryathil paurusham niranja heroism kaanickunna chila sandarbhangalenkilum ondu. Adhu illaathadhaanu ee cinemayude ettavum valliya poraayma.

Dileep's comic numbers was also limited in the movie. Since heroes are talking Konkini Slang Sibi - Uday decided to rely upon that to create humour, rather than creating humour situations in the movie. That is another drawback which dissapoints Dileep fans like my wife. Except for few scenes there are no major situations where cinema hall bursts into laughter.

Another problem is that Mam and Dileep both using the Konkini slang creates an overdose of Konkini Slang in the movie. Usually it is one hero who talks in a different slang due to which it does not feel like too much. In this movie two heroes talking Konkini Slang is little too much for the viewers.

All said and done the film does not bore you at any point and are good in some parts especially some of the senti scenes and the scenes between Mam and Dileep.

Positives
    Mammootty - Dileep Chemistry
    Baburaj

Negatives
    Limited heroism
    Lack of humour by Dileep
    Lack of a Mass feeling
    Mammootty's intro - Did not like it at all.

Scenes which I liked the most
    Senti scenes at Rima's house in the 2nd Half
    Mammotty's Are Gopi vilikal - It was so much like Konkini's calling

Crowd Response
    Nothing much. No claps or koovals. Could hear laughs in between for several scenes eventhough I was not able to laugh that much for those scenes

Rating - 3/5

Final Word - An average movie which lacks the Masala needed for such Mass Masala movie and lacks the Multi Star experience.

Vaalkashanam - Aniyante kalyanam nadathaan nokkunna Pokkiriraja-yum, Raja Raja Kammathineyum nammal kandu. Sibi - Uday-ude thoolikayil ninnum Aniyante kalyanam nadathaan nokkunna mattoru Rajaye kandaalum albudhappedendennaanu ee padam kalickunna theatre-ukalkku munnile janakootam kaanichu tharunnadhu.
    Mollywood on a roll... Premalu, Brahmayugam, Manjummel Boys - Content Rich and Money Rich. Others Envy Mallu's Pride

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

thanks machaaaa

reviwum ratingum thammil match allallo

5. Likes SUDHI, UoB liked this post

Thanks.......

Quote Originally Posted by JOYEL BAI View Post
    reviwum ratingum thammil match allallo
    Oru average time pass padam ennulla nilayil 3/5 kodukkaam ennaanu enicku thonniyadhu...
    Mollywood on a roll... Premalu, Brahmayugam, Manjummel Boys - Content Rich and Money Rich. Others Envy Mallu's Pride

Thanks mukkuvan... ini lal fan...ayo...
    King is always king 🤴 ...

thanks bro....

thanks mukkuvan..good review...

re: tailend - varunna divasangalil ariyam iniyum ivar kalyanam nadathipukaran ettante kathayumayi varumo ennu.... pokkiri raja maintain cheytha pole cheythal chilappo vannekkum...

Thanks for the review
    FREE: Get the 2022-2023 versions of our Home Video Databases

DVD 1http://www.mediafire.com/file/4r1zh9...-2023_DVD1.iso

thanks mukkuvan....