Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fisherman's review of Lokpal

Default Fisherman's review of Lokpal

Fisherman's Review of Lokpal

Jan 31, 9:30 AM Show.
    EKM - Cinemax

Saw the movie where Lal + Joshiy combo is coming again after RBR. Even though this combo had been successfull recently everybody had their doubts this time since the Script comes from S.N.Swamy. And the truth is Swamy lives up to all our expectation He again delivers a thriller which does not thrill.

Lokpal as we all know by now is a thief who targets corrupt people who gets enormous amount of money illegally. As seen in many films since the money that is being stolen is Black Money, nobody complains. Ethra sundaram aaya nadakkaatha swapnam. That is okay, we should not be adamant that films should contain only things which could happen in real life. If the film entertains us and thrills us then who cares about reality. There lies the problem of this movie. There are around 4 or 5 operations lead by Lokpal in different get ups. The soul of such movies are those operations and how thrilling those operations are. The operations should be Hi-Tech and thrilling to the core for such movies to be successfull. But here that is the problem. None of the operations thrills you or stays with you after the movie. Kakkaan ithra eluppam aayirunnenkil especially big shots-inte veettil kayari kakkaan ithra eluppam aanenkil ivide kallanmaare mutti nadakkaan pattathillaayirunnu. Pinne Swamy-ye kondu ithrayokke ezhudhaan pattathollu.

From a weak script of Swamy, the film is at least watchable just because of our Master Craftsman Joshiy. Otherwise the film would have fallen flat on viewer's face. Still it does to some extent - Directorkku cheyaavunnadhilum oru parudhi ille.

Mohanlal comes in different get ups as Mohanlal itself That is another big problem. The only get up I liked is the Freak Get Up. I felt he has done it well. Even the accent in which he speaks English in the freak get up was good I felt. All the other get ups are wasted. His usual style of walking and his usual mannerisms. Nothing else.

The only relief in between all these is Shammi Thilakan. He with his Trivandrum accent is the only person who could evoke some good response in the crowd. Sai Kumar as Thrissur guys is a waste and he handles Thrissur slang and mannerisms horribly Kavya was also horrible and I felt her dubbing was also bad Episode with Kavya before the Interval and all is again horrible

In the 2nd Half I thought the movie is getting better with some interesting scenes but then suddenly the movie ends All of a sudden Climax comes It is Mobile Phone used everywhere - For making calls, recording coversations, videos etc etc. Oh! Ee mobile phone oru sambhavam thanne.

Positives
    Direction
    Shammi Thilakan
    Mohanlal in Freak Get up - Was good

Negatives
    Kallante moshtickunna operations onnum oru impactum undakkunnilla
    Lacks the punch
    Sai Kumar
    Kavya

Scenes which I liked the most
    Sai Kumar-inem Shami Thilakaneyum Court-il kudukkunna scene-il avarude expressions.

Crowd Response
    Heavy koovals after the movie. Adhu vare valliya anakkamonnum kandilla. Claps for Mohanlal's sound into with Smoking warning. No much claps for Intro in film since it happened without any build up.

Rating - 2/5

Final Word - A thriller which does not thrill but watchable in parts only because of Master Craftsman Joshiy.

Vaalkashanam - Ee mobile phone oru sambhavam thanne kettaa. Idhinu ithrem upayogam undennu ee padam kandappozhaanu manasilaayadhu.
    Mollywood on a roll... Premalu, Brahmayugam, Manjummel Boys - Content Rich and Money Rich. Others Envy Mallu's Pride

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

thanks bhai...

Quote Originally Posted by mukkuvan View Post
    Fisherman's Review of Lokpal

Jan 31, 9:30 AM Show.
    EKM - Cinemax

Saw the movie where Lal + Joshiy combo is coming again after RBR. Even though this combo had been successfull recently everybody had their doubts this time since the Script comes from S.N.Swamy. And the truth is Swamy lives up to all our expectation He again delivers a thriller which does not thrill.

Lokpal as we all know by now is a thief who targets corrupt people who gets enormous amount of money illegally. As seen in many films since the money that is being stolen is Black Money, nobody complains. Ethra sundaram aaya nadakkaatha swapnam. That is okay, we should not be adamant that films should contain only things which could happen in real life. If the film entertains us and thrills us then who cares about reality. There lies the problem of this movie. There are around 4 or 5 operations lead by Lokpal in different get ups. The soul of such movies are those operations and how thrilling those operations are. The operations should be Hi-Tech and thrilling to the core for such movies to be successfull. But here that is the problem. None of the operations thrills you or stays with you after the movie. Kakkaan ithra eluppam aayirunnenkil especially big shots-inte veettil kayari kakkaan ithra eluppam aanenkil ivide kallanmaare mutti nadakkaan pattathillaayirunnu. Pinne Swamy-ye kondu ithrayokke ezhudhaan pattathollu.

From a weak script of Swamy, the film is at least watchable just because of our Master Craftsman Joshiy. Otherwise the film would have fallen flat on viewer's face. Still it does to some extent - Directorkku cheyaavunnadhilum oru parudhi ille.

Mohanlal comes in different get ups as Mohanlal itself That is another big problem. The only get up I liked is the Freak Get Up. I felt he has done it well. Even the accent in which he speaks English in the freak get up was good I felt. All the other get ups are wasted. His usual style of walking and his usual mannerisms. Nothing else.

The only relief in between all these is Shammi Thilakan. He with his Trivandrum accent is the only person who could evoke some good response in the crowd. Sai Kumar as Thrissur guys is a waste and he handles Thrissur slang and mannerisms horribly Kavya was also horrible and I felt her dubbing was also bad Episode with Kavya before the Interval and all is again horrible

In the 2nd Half I thought the movie is getting better with some interesting scenes but then suddenly the movie ends All of a sudden Climax comes It is Mobile Phone used everywhere - For making calls, recording coversations, videos etc etc. Oh! Ee mobile phone oru sambhavam thanne.

Positives
    Direction
    Shammi Thilakan
    Mohanlal in Freak Get up - Was good

Negatives
    Kallante moshtickunna operations onnum oru impactum undakkunnilla
    Lacks the punch
    Sai Kumar
    Kavya

Scenes which I liked the most
    Sai Kumar-inem Shami Thilakaneyum Court-il kudukkunna scene-il avarude expressions.

Crowd Response
    Heavy koovals after the movie. Adhu vare valliya anakkamonnum kandilla. Claps for Mohanlal's sound into with Smoking warning. No much claps for Intro in film since it happened without any build up.

Rating - 2/5

Final Word - A thriller which does not thrill but watchable in parts only because of Master Craftsman Joshiy.

Vaalkashanam - Ee mobile phone oru sambhavam thanne kettaa. Idhinu ithrem upayogam undennu ee padam kandappozhaanu manasilaayadhu.
    ee upayogam njan casanovakkau poyappol manasilaakkiyatha.......sukhamaayittu irunnu game kalikkam

5. Likes Moviebuff369, PunchHaaji, sirius liked this post
    FK Citizen

thnx mukku

thanks doode

Thanks fisherman........

Thnxx bhaiii

thanks mukkuvan

Mobil fonite upayogam kalakii.. thanks macha