• Dexter

12 25.00%
  • Sherlock

18 37.50%
  • Friends

16 33.33%
  • The Big bang theory

15 31.25%
  • Walking dead/Supernatural/Once Upon a Time/The Vampire Diaries/True Blood/American horror story

8 16.67%
  • Game of thrones/Prison Break/Justified/Homeland/The Sopranos/The X-Files/Deadwood

18 37.50%
  • Breaking Bad/Spartacus/Fringe/Doctor Who/House of Cards/Grey's Anatomy/Californication/Arrow

13 27.08%
  • The Office/Seinfeld/Arrested Dev/Curb Your Enthusiasm/Thats 70's Show/30 Rock/Parks & Recreation

4 8.33%
  • How i met your mother/Modern family/Suits/Community/Two and a Half Men/Freaks and geeks/Wonder years

14 29.17%
  • Mr Bean/Psych/Chuck/24/House M.D/Castle/CSI/New Girl/Family Guy/IASIP/Small wonder[or any other]

15 31.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 226 of 323 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 3230

Thread: ◄TV Shows/Series - Recommendations & Reviews ►

FK Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    keep watching, it gets better....
    kandu nokkaam

Finished 'Mindhunter' yesterday. Its really good. It was like watching 'Zodiac' as a TV series. Highly recommended.

Mr. Mercedes. nothing great still not bad. crime thriller. ageing, retired, disillusioned cop against a young, cunning, ruthless techno freak. 10 episodes of 45-50 mins each. brendon gleeson is always a favourite. his irish accent gets me every time. the villain youngster was menacing too. some of the sub-plots were not exciting enough. anyways series is a success. they are going for 2nd season.

FK Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    Mr. Mercedes. nothing great still not bad.
    Sathyam.. reached ep 6.. same opinion as yours, as of now.

LIAR. 6 episode miniseries. Laura is a school teacher who has just separated from her boyfriend. Andrew is a cardio surgeon who, following the death of his wife lives with his only son. One night the two go out on a date & spend the night together. He goes back to hospital in the morning. She goes to the police station to lodge a complaint that she was raped by Andrew the earlier night. Slowly the murky layers are pealed out. She has a history of medication and mental trauma. His wife had committed suicide due to depression. She had lodged sexual charges against the principal of the school she worked in before only to withdraw them later. He had an affair with his wife's friend who has no memories of a night she spend with him. So, who is the liar? Garnered good reviews, second season commissioned. For me, till the end of 4th episode, things were good. The last 2 seemed a bit rushed. The shifting of suspicion between the two lead characters has been deftly portrayed.

Presently watching Stranger Things .... In the beginning, I wasn't sure whether I''d like the show .... Now I'm hooked ..... I only reached 4 ep in S01. I think it is connected with other dimensions and other dimensional beings ... Anyway the kids bring energy to the story and it is like watching/reading a Stephen King novel ... Show starts by showing something escaping from a Lab. Then a kid goes missing..... While people conducts search parties and general paranoia ensues, the mother believes her son is alive and trying to communicate with her through lights .....
    Hmmm, Thinking about it .. it's almost like watching stephen king's "IT" again ....
    When truth is a fantasy, reality lies ..
    Na
    rayana ..
    . Narayana ...

MINDHUNTER. Late 70's. The Son of Sam blames a talking dog for the murders he committed. Post Hoover era FBI's Behavioral Science Unit in Quantico, Virginia is just starting out. The word 'serial killer' has not yet been coined because no one has ever bothered to find patterns between random killings. The basic concept of law enforcement is that criminals are born as criminals. Into this 'mad' world comes a young, bright hostage-situation negotiator with an interest in psychology. He is partnered with a middle-aged disillusioned veteran who finds hardcore criminals unbearable. They bring along a academic brilliant psychologist lady who is meticulous & wants to abide by the book. These three start off by travelling across the country, then they travel around prisons & finally they travel into the creepy minds of (historical) serial killers. Awesome series. This is like the 'All the President's Men' or 'Spotlight' of criminal profiling. Classic stuff. My stuff. Superb. From the title bgm to the detailing (the cars & buildings & wallpapers & elevators whoo) to the back-&-forth dialogues to the interrogations to the workings of criminal minds the series strangles you like anything. Reminded me a lot about Fincher's own 'Zodiac' & the South Korean 'Memories of Murder'. What impressed me most was how the professional lives of the three affect their personal lives, its not shown forcefully, casually yet effectively. Not your usual whodunit, way way beyond that. Highly recommended. Asif Kapadia (director of the Irrfan Khan 'The Warrior') has directed 2 of the episodes. Waiting for the next season.

7. Likes Surajmr, hsalihba liked this post

@Dylan
    bhai, you should check out Mindhunter... if not anything else, the dialogue spar between the characters should/might impress you...

@Dylan
    bhai, you should check out Mindhunter... if not anything else, the dialogue spar between the characters should/might impress you...
    massive coincidence.
    started watching E 1 about an hour ago :)
    Be kind, rewind.

10. Likes Perumthachan liked this post

MINDHUNTER. Late 70's. The Son of Sam blames a talking dog for the murders he committed. Post Hoover era FBI's Behavioral Science Unit in Quantico, Virginia is just starting out. The word 'serial killer' has not yet been coined because no one has ever bothered to find patterns between random killings. The basic concept of law enforcement is that criminals are born as criminals. Into this 'mad' world comes a young, bright hostage-situation negotiator with an interest in psychology. He is partnered with a middle-aged disillusioned veteran who finds hardcore criminals unbearable. They bring along a academic brilliant psychologist lady who is meticulous & wants to abide by the book. These three start off by travelling across the country, then they travel around prisons & finally they travel into the creepy minds of (historical) serial killers. Awesome series. This is like the 'All the President's Men' or 'Spotlight' of criminal profiling. Classic stuff. My stuff. Superb. From the title bgm to the detailing (the cars & buildings & wallpapers & elevators whoo) to the back-&-forth dialogues to the interrogations to the workings of criminal minds the series strangles you like anything. Reminded me a lot about Fincher's own 'Zodiac' & the South Korean 'Memories of Murder'. What impressed me most was how the professional lives of the three affect their personal lives, its not shown forcefully, casually yet effectively. Not your usual whodunit, way way beyond that. Highly recommended. Asif Kapadia (director of the Irrfan Khan 'The Warrior') has directed 2 of the episodes. Waiting for the next season.
    kemper

Quote Originally Posted by hsalihba View Post
    kemper
    creepy character... next season would be about manson i think...