• Dexter

12 25.00%
  • Sherlock

18 37.50%
  • Friends

16 33.33%
  • The Big bang theory

15 31.25%
  • Walking dead/Supernatural/Once Upon a Time/The Vampire Diaries/True Blood/American horror story

8 16.67%
  • Game of thrones/Prison Break/Justified/Homeland/The Sopranos/The X-Files/Deadwood

18 37.50%
  • Breaking Bad/Spartacus/Fringe/Doctor Who/House of Cards/Grey's Anatomy/Californication/Arrow

13 27.08%
  • The Office/Seinfeld/Arrested Dev/Curb Your Enthusiasm/Thats 70's Show/30 Rock/Parks & Recreation

4 8.33%
  • How i met your mother/Modern family/Suits/Community/Two and a Half Men/Freaks and geeks/Wonder years

14 29.17%
  • Mr Bean/Psych/Chuck/24/House M.D/Castle/CSI/New Girl/Family Guy/IASIP/Small wonder[or any other]

15 31.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 232 of 323 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 3229

Thread: ◄TV Shows/Series - Recommendations & Reviews ►

FK Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    enikku westerns adhikam thaalparyam thonnaarilla... ennittum steven soderbergh production plus positive reviews vaayichu sthithikku ithu kanaan thudangi...
    entho enikku ishtapettilla... 5 episodes kandu... bakki kanaan thonniyilla...
    jeff daniels oru menacing villain aayittu thonniyilla...
    pinne, the turbulences faced by the characters athra impress cheythilla...
    the final confrontation between the hero and villain... athilekku ethaanulla proceedings didn't quite get a hold on me...
    Njaanum oru western fan alla. I always find the genre as a make-belief one. Maybe cultural difference kaaranam aayirikkum.
    Pakshe I liked this series. Jeff Daniels-inte casting enikku ishttappettu. Initially I had a hard time accepting him as the villain. Pinne kandu kandu sheriyaayi.
    5 episode kandenkil, watch the rest too.. 2 episodes alle ullu baakki :) :)

2. Likes Perumthachan liked this post
    FK Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Dasettan View Post
    Watching German series DARK.
    Mystery thriller.
    Reached ep 6..oru kidilan item.mind bending
    Everything is perfect in this 

Never miss this one. highly recommended.
    Episode 3 aayi.. ayyooo Time Travel..my most favorite genre!
    Malayalathil oru time travel padam announce cheythello. Tick Tock with Tovino.. aa film ninnu poyo??
    I would say the malayalam film industry is really lacking behind in terms of genres. We do have several offshoots like thondimuthal, angamali etc. But we are not exploring several genres like superheros, zombies, post-apocalyptic, and even animation is still considered as a kid's thing whereas its a billion dollor industry in hollywood.
    The highest boxoffice grossers in the world right now are superhero movies. Anganathe thread okke ivide paranjaal producers ottikkum. Malayalam industry is really stuck. Storytelling shouldn't have chains. Realistic movies okke nadakkatte. I too love them. But side-il koode ithokke aakaam. There should be no boundaries to imagination.

FK Visitor

DARK kandu theerthu. Loved it. Highly recommended.
    The frustrating thing is that now we have to wait a full year for the 2nd season.

Quote Originally Posted by Surajmr View Post
    Episode 3 aayi.. ayyooo Time Travel..my most favorite genre! Malayalathil oru time travel padam announce cheythello. Tick Tock with Tovino.. aa film ninnu poyo??
    I would say the malayalam film industry is really lacking behind in terms of genres. We do have several offshoots like thondimuthal, angamali etc. But we are not exploring several genres like superheros, zombies, post-apocalyptic, and even animation is still considered as a kid's thing whereas its a billion dollor industry in hollywood. The highest boxoffice grossers in the world right now are superhero movies. Anganathe thread okke ivide paranjaal producers ottikkum. Malayalam industry is really stuck. Storytelling shouldn't have chains. Realistic movies okke nadakkatte. I too love them. But side-il koode ithokke aakaam. There should be no boundaries to imagination.
    superheroes onnum nammude naattil elkkilla... maximum poya mundumadakki meeshapiri items... reason is we like our movies grounded to reality... fantasy aane satire vare maximum... zombie movies don't have wide acceptance in hollywood itself, i mean the amount of movies made in that genre is very few... post-apocalyptic aavishyapedunna set, vfx ithonnum nammude budgetil thaangilla... as for animation, no producer would put his money up for it... bollywood tried and failed and i do appreciate them for going beyond mythology but still it failed then how would our small industry?

FK Visitor

superheroes onnum nammude naattil elkkilla... maximum poya mundumadakki meeshapiri items... reason is we like our movies grounded to reality... fantasy aane satire vare maximum... zombie movies don't have wide acceptance in hollywood itself, i mean the amount of movies made in that genre is very few... post-apocalyptic aavishyapedunna set, vfx ithonnum nammude budgetil thaangilla... as for animation, no producer would put his money up for it... bollywood tried and failed and i do appreciate them for going beyond mythology but still it failed then how would our small industry?
    Sheriyaanu.. Budget and audience pulse is something which should be considered. Pakshe audience-inu sample koduthu nokkiyaalalle pulse manasilaaku. Nannaayi plan cheythu execute cheythaal budget adhikam onnum aakilla ennaanu enikku thonniyittullathu.
    Superhero, zombie, post-apocalyptic.. yi moonnu genre-num vendiyulla story threads has been with me for more than 5 years. Pitch cheythittilla..even to my close friends. Chumma kaliyaakki vidum ennoru prejudiced mind undennu koottikkolu. Industry-il oru peru kittiyitte ithokke try cheyyaan pattu. Once I mentioned about a superhero thread in Malayalam to a script writer friend of mine. Ithokke ivide aaru kaanum ennu avan chodichu. After that, in one of his story thread he put a character who is a writer trying to do a superhero movie in malayalam and obviously the character was conceived as a 'mandan' guy. Athaanu avastha.
    Sheriyaakum...ennenkilum sheriyaakum.

Sheriyaanu.. Budget and audience pulse is something which should be considered. Pakshe audience-inu sample koduthu nokkiyaalalle pulse manasilaaku. Nannaayi plan cheythu execute cheythaal budget adhikam onnum aakilla ennaanu enikku thonniyittullathu. Superhero, zombie, post-apocalyptic.. yi moonnu genre-num vendiyulla story threads has been with me for more than 5 years. Pitch cheythittilla..even to my close friends. Chumma kaliyaakki vidum ennoru prejudiced mind undennu koottikkolu. Industry-il oru peru kittiyitte ithokke try cheyyaan pattu. Once I mentioned about a superhero thread in Malayalam to a script writer friend of mine. Ithokke ivide aaru kaanum ennu avan chodichu. After that, in one of his story thread he put a character who is a writer trying to do a superhero movie in malayalam and obviously the character was conceived as a 'mandan' guy. Athaanu avastha. Sheriyaakum...ennenkilum sheriyaakum.
    Amen enna cinema vijayikkukayum Double Barrel enna cinema poliyukayum cheythathil ninnu we can understand the pulse of our audience, to a limit ofcourse.
    both were by the same director. for both, he did somewhat the best way the genre demanded. Amen stood true to our roots, DB was alien to us.
    look at bollywood. Drona was our desi superhero. Go Goa Gone was our desi zombie flick. both were duds.
    Miruthan becoming a profitable venture in Tamil sort of baffled me. i have no idea how the zombie cult attracted the tamilians.
    anyways, what is to be considered is, there may be fans of such genres out there. they will drop into the theates.
    what is tough is bringing to theatres those who are not fond of it.
    me for examples, don't expect me to head in for a zombie flick. i find it a waste of one's imagination.
    i don't go for horror movies either. but the genre is picking up not in our state maybe.
    animation is lacking because of the technical incapabilities. we can do enough of backgrounds and stuff but character animation is still a long distance away for us.
    the only way we can tackle animation is by doing motion-capture.
    it will be helluva expensive act but the final output, if we have enough supercomputers to render it, will be awesome.

FK Visitor

Amen enna cinema vijayikkukayum Double Barrel enna cinema poliyukayum cheythathil ninnu we can understand the pulse of our audience, to a limit ofcourse.
    both were by the same director. for both, he did somewhat the best way the genre demanded. Amen stood true to our roots, DB was alien to us.
    look at bollywood. Drona was our desi superhero. Go Goa Gone was our desi zombie flick. both were duds.
    Miruthan becoming a profitable venture in Tamil sort of baffled me. i have no idea how the zombie cult attracted the tamilians.
    anyways, what is to be considered is, there may be fans of such genres out there. they will drop into the theates.
    what is tough is bringing to theatres those who are not fond of it.
    me for examples, don't expect me to head in for a zombie flick. i find it a waste of one's imagination.
    i don't go for horror movies either. but the genre is picking up not in our state maybe.
    animation is lacking because of the technical incapabilities. we can do enough of backgrounds and stuff but character animation is still a long distance away for us.
    the only way we can tackle animation is by doing motion-capture.
    it will be helluva expensive act but the final output, if we have enough supercomputers to render it, will be awesome.
    Of all the films you mentioned, only Amen was a good product.
    Moshamaaya products aayathaanu problem, and so they shouldn't be considered as yardstick, IMO.
    Ente horror film irangumbol, oru special invitation Perumthachanu enthaayaalum undu, with a free ticket

Of all the films you mentioned, only Amen was a good product. Moshamaaya products aayathaanu problem, and so they shouldn't be considered as yardstick, IMO. Ente horror film irangumbol, oru special invitation Perumthachanu enthaayaalum undu, with a free ticket.
    aarum moshamaaya product edukaan alla aagrahikkunnathu... it just ends up that way...
    its the psyche of the malayalee audience that needs to be tapped for such experimental movies to work out here...
    now look at odiyan... i would call that genre-breaking...
    it can be made into a superhero movie...
    it can be made into a horror movie...
    it can even be made into a zombie movie...
    depends on how much the writer can stretch his imagination...
    as for the invitation, thanks but no thanks...

our mundumadakki heroes can take down any villain...even aliens and supernatural creatures....we don't need any superman or batman
    My ratings for last 5 Lalettan movies:
    * 01/24 - Malaikottai Vaaliban - 4/5
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5
    * 10/22 - Monster - 2.6/5
    * 05/22 - 12th Man - 2.5/5

Quote Originally Posted by firecrown View Post
    our mundumadakki heroes can take down any villain...even aliens and supernatural creatures....we don't need any superman or batman
    Pinnallaa😆

Sent from my SM-G615F using Tapatalk