Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amen-Kandu

Default Amen-Kandu

Amen tries to narrate a story sounds like a folklore.The attempt seems
    successful with a visionary staging of the content, grandeur in picturization ,some what unconventional narrative and interesting art direction.Still it doesn't clings to heart.A cinematic experience that can be taken beyond the corridors of appreciable 'looks' is what really missing and it matters.

I have been following lejo's ventures.He is really one among the most promising new director.But struggles i had in enjoying earlier movies continued to hit me again-

His style is unique,sometime its doesn't care about content , Many times It will take the content to yet another thing for good or bad.
    The characters in his movies are more picturesque making it difficult to relate .They form part of whole(like hidden somewhere in large beautiful picture) which could be considered as a positive if the whole film has such an ambitious dimension to take.But unfortunately that rarely happens...

Coming to Amen,It can be watched and appreciated if you look for some kind of variety.Half of the fart jokes(not least worrying for people enjoying chief WhiP's colloquel jokes!:)), Some lagging moments and what i have said in the first part,kept aside, you have to give a thumps up for the effort.

I think, i was a little over expected with perfect reviews that showed up yesterday.After watching the movie i remembered Joy Mathews words from a recent interview-

ന്യൂ ജനറേഷന്* സിനിമക്കു ഞാന്* കാണുന്ന ദോഷം അവര്* സാങ്കേതികയില്* അഭിരമിക്കുന്നു എന്നതാണ്. കാമറാ ആക്ഷന്*, അതിന്*െറ ആംഗിളുകള്*, ചലനങ്ങള്*, എഡിറ്റിങ്രീതി, സംഗീതം, നിറങ്ങളുടെ വിന്യാസം എന്നിങ്ങനെയുള്ളവയിലാണ് അവര്* കൂടുതലും ആസക്തരാകുന്നത്. അതിനപ്പുറം, ജീവിതത്തെക്കുറിച്ച്, രാഷ്ട്രീയവും സാംസ്കാരികവും ചരിത്രപരവുമായ ഒരു ദര്*ശനമോ അവയുടെ പശ്ചാത്തലത്തിലുള്ള ഒരു കാലികതയോ മുന്നോട്ടുവെക്കാന്* അവര്*ക്കു താല്*പര്യമില്ല, അല്ലെങ്കില്* അതിനവര്* പ്രാപ്തരല്ല.

Prasadz-
    23/3

Lets continue our criticisms for betterment-Amen:)
    Last edited by cinemabrantan; 03-23-2013 at 06:41 PM.
    #BanMe

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

thanks.....

Thanks CB !!!

Quote Originally Posted by cinemabrantan View Post
    Amen tries to narrate a story sounds like a folklore.The attempt seems
    successful with a visionary staging of the content, grandeur in picturization ,some what unconventional narrative and interesting art direction.Still it doesn't clings to heart.A cinematic experience that can be taken beyond the corridors of appreciable 'looks' is what really matters.

I have been following lejo's ventures.He is really one among the most promising new director.But struggles i had in enjoying earlier movies continued to hit me-

His style is unique,sometime its doesn't care about content , Many times It will take the content to yet another thing for good or bad.
    The characters in his movies are more picturesque making it difficult to relate .They form part of whole which could be considered as a positive if the whole film has such an ambitious dimension to take.

Coming to Amen,It can be watched and appreciated if you look for some kind of variety.Half of the fart jokes(not least worrying for people enjoying chief WhiP's colloquel jokes!:)), Some lagging moments and what i have said in the first part,kept aside, you have to give a thumps up for the effort.

I think, i was a little over expected with perfect reviews that showed up yesterday.After watching the movie i remembered Joy Mathews words from a recent interview-

ന്യൂ ജനറേഷന്* സിനിമക്കു ഞാന്* കാണുന്ന ദോഷം അവര്* സാങ്കേതികയില്* അഭിരമിക്കുന്നു എന്നതാണ്. കാമറാ ആക്ഷന്*, അതിന്*െറ ആംഗിളുകള്*, ചലനങ്ങള്*, എഡിറ്റിങ്രീതി, സംഗീതം, നിറങ്ങളുടെ വിന്യാസം എന്നിങ്ങനെയുള്ളവയിലാണ് അവര്* കൂടുതലും ആസക്തരാകുന്നത്. അതിനപ്പുറം, ജീവിതത്തെക്കുറിച്ച്, രാഷ്ട്രീയവും സാംസ്കാരികവും ചരിത്രപരവുമായ ഒരു ദര്*ശനമോ അവയുടെ പശ്ചാത്തലത്തിലുള്ള ഒരു കാലികതയോ മുന്നോട്ടുവെക്കാന്* അവര്*ക്കു താല്*പര്യമില്ല, അല്ലെങ്കില്* അതിനവര്* പ്രാപ്തരല്ല.

Prasadz-
    23/3

Lets continue our criticisms for betterment-Amen:)
    Today's Gold rate: https://www.gold.co.uk/gold-price/gold-price-today/

Today's exchange rate: https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/

Today's Drishyam final collection : www.pushpullservice.com

tnx 4 rw..............

thanx machans...good review...

FK Citizen

thanks bhranthan....!

thanks bhai

FK Lover

Thanks .....

Thanks Bhaii..