Page 19 of 148 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Interstellar | Beyond Epic Proportions | Digital HD Print Released |

Quote Originally Posted by PunchHaaji View Post
    Nolanfans groupile friends scriptinte first draft vaayichu; they also told the same - how the hell nolan is going to making a film with this ideas! But, they also had same feelings when Inception's screenplay was leaked.
    Bhai, there is a huge difference between Inception and this one. Inception was about dreams. Everyone could relate to it. On top of that It DiCaprio and a story that carefully treaded on dangerous yet twisting passages. As for here, it is sci-fi. If there is any genre that has time and again failed to click in Hollywood taking into consideration the ratio of movies released in that genre, I think sci-fi has the most number of duds out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    Bhai, there is a huge difference between Inception and this one. Inception was about dreams. Everyone could relate to it. On top of that It DiCaprio and a story that carefully treaded on dangerous yet twisting passages. As for here, it is sci-fi. If there is any genre that has time and again failed to click in Hollywood taking into consideration the ratio of movies released in that genre, I think sci-fi has the most number of duds out there.
    It’s true that Sci-fi is one among the badly reproduced genre in Hollywood. Accepting that truth, I would like to remember you the disparity between those dud anecdotes and this splendor. Above all the guess and hopes, ‘Interstellar’ is a flick being crafted by the living legend 'Christopher Nolan' on whom we can really count. He had never disappointed us, from ‘Following (1998.)’ to ‘Dark Knight Rises (2012.)’. For the last 15 years, he made us trek through the unprecedented paths of terrific story telling which even made the critiques zip mouth. With his majestic pat, any script may become salubrious and that what I believe. Be positive and wait for the magic 2014.
    Last edited by xeon; 09-01-2013 at 08:18 AM.

3. Likes PunchHaaji liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by xeon View Post
    It’s true that Sci-fi is one among the badly reproduced genre in Hollywood. Accepting that truth, I would like to remember you the disparity between those dud anecdotes and this splendor. Above all the guess and hopes, ‘Interstellar’ is a flick being crafted by the living legend 'Christopher Nolan' on whom we can really count. He had never disappointed us, from ‘Following (1998.)’ to ‘Dark Knight Rises (2012.)’. For the last 15 years, he made us trek through the unprecedented paths of terrific story telling which even made the critiques zip mouth. With his majestic pat, any script may become salubrious and that what I believe. Be positive and wait for the magic 2014.
    Hope you have seen 'Insomnia'. Despite being a remake and boasting of a star cast, the movie failed to trek any unprecedented path or had terrific story-telling. The critics didn't zip their mouths on that one. And seriously, appreciate a director, don't worship him as if he was the one who invented the camera. He is also a mortal. Talking of 15 years, he has made only 9 movies and he became know through a super-hero flick in '05, just 8 years back. Did you know about Nolan when 'Following', 'Memento', 'Insomnia' were released? He got fame after 'Batman Begins' clicked and that too, the initial adulation was for Christian Bale. After 'The Prestige', Nolan came to be considered good and still, he is yet to receive an Oscar, BAFTA or Golden Globe. I am not saying, he is nothing. He is indeed a master craftsman but don't you seriously think the messiah approach is a bit too far-fetched and unaccounted for?

Hope you have seen 'Insomnia'. Despite being a remake and boasting of a star cast, the movie failed to trek any unprecedented path or had terrific story-telling. The critics didn't zip their mouths on that one. And seriously, appreciate a director, don't worship him as if he was the one who invented the camera. He is also a mortal. Talking of 15 years, he has made only 9 movies and he became know through a super-hero flick in '05, just 8 years back. Did you know about Nolan when 'Following', 'Memento', 'Insomnia' were released? He got fame after 'Batman Begins' clicked and that too, the initial adulation was for Christian Bale. After 'The Prestige', Nolan came to be considered good and still, he is yet to receive an Oscar, BAFTA or Golden Globe. I am not saying, he is nothing. He is indeed a master craftsman but don't you seriously think the messiah approach is a bit too far-fetched and unaccounted for?
    This is called the height of bias deceit. How can you pick out a movie from a tremendous list of nine marvelous efforts from a veteran and make it speak against his remaining 8 works of perfection? Debating on Insomnia, it was the remake of a 1997 Norwegian film christened the same and not drafted by Nolan. Another thing which I may like to bring before your attention is that as you claim, Insomnia was not a movie which tasted the sour of bad critics. Rotten tomatoes, on the basis of reviews their meter ticked 92% and gave a rating of 7.6/10. IMDB was pleased to give the movie a mark of 7.2/10. The only flaw that you can find with the movie was, being a remake it failed to cop up with its original. The original is a gem of thriller and when remakes happen upon such stuffs, the same thing happens the most time. Despite that, the 2002 movie was praised for its making and the film went on to become a commercial success too.

Next allegation by you is childish. Do awards drive or judje the talents of a genius?. Do you believe so? Nolan is just 40. Wait for the time to come. One among the most talented actor Leonardo Dicaprio who made his characters immortal in Shutter Island, Titanic, The Departed, Catch Me If You Can, Revolutionary road and so on is yet to receive the so praised Oscar. Want more? Harrison Ford has not. Hug Jack man, Will smith, Samuel L Jackson and Alan Rickman’s show cases have it not. Please understand that awards never judge the talent. Christopher Nolan is an architect of huge commercial and critical success. It’s Oscar and other award jury’s grudges for commercial directors, which prevent them issuing Oscars to skippers like Nolan.

Now talking about propagandas, you can criticize any one with strong condemn against them, even though your allegations have no robust base. Belief is like talent. But faith is like Skill. Faith on a person is gained through the study of his past achievements. There the quantity of productivity never matters. What alone matters is the quality. 'Tim Robbins' has only a count less than 50 in his filmography where 'Rajini Kanth' boasts of a whooping figure more than 160. Whom do you feel a better thespian? Was ‘Batman’ the same as you saw before, when it came out of Christopher Nolan’s majestic hands? Why running so far? Let’s have a look at an indigenous talent, the Ace director 'Shankar'. His first movie 'Gentleman' was a huge success. The next one ‘Kadhalan’ was a hit from the very first day. Why? It’s because of people’s faith one him which was shaped in mere a movie. So it’s not a subject of whether Nolan
    'invented Camera" ! or not, but a subject of Nolan’s way of redefining the conventional movie experience. Next thing, it’s easy to make statements putting forward theories like “messiah approach” or “Worshiping than appreciating” and related. But my friend, you forgot one thing that you are feeding into a thread made to discuss on the next work of Christopher Nolan. As a lover of his movies, I cannot show lack of faith on him. He always satisfies me. Here in this thread we can only talk about Nolan and not on ‘David Lynch’ for, it’s irrelevant. Its only your fault to complain amidst Nolan’s tall achievements. Christopher Nolan may not be a man carrying magic wand on his hands. But he is a man who does magic on screens owed to his unparalleled craftsmanship.

To your further reference you may read :
    " Roger Ebert of Chicago Sun-Times noted that "Unlike most remakes, the Nolan Insomnia is not a pale retread, but a re-examination of the material, like a new production of a good play."
    Last edited by xeon; 09-01-2013 at 10:54 AM.

6. Likes aslamrazac, PunchHaaji, Daniel John liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by xeon View Post
    This is called the height of bias deceit. How can you pick out a movie from a tremendous list of nine marvelous efforts from a veteran and make it speak against his remaining 8 works of perfection? Debating on Insomnia, it was the remake of a 1997 Norwegian film christened the same and not drafted by Nolan. Another thing which I may like to bring before your attention is that as you claim, Insomnia was not a movie which tasted the sour of bad critics. Rotten tomatoes, on the basis of reviews their meter ticked 92% and gave a rating of 7.6/10. IMDB was pleased to give the movie a mark of 7.2/10. The only flaw that you can find with the movie was, being a remake it failed to cop up with its original. The original is a gem of thriller and when remakes happen upon such stuffs, the same thing happens the most time. Despite that, the 2002 movie was praised for its making and the film went on to become a commercial success too.

Next allegation by you is childish. Do awards drive or judje the talents of a genius?. Do you believe so? Nolan is just 40. Wait for the time to come. One among the most talented actor Leonardo Dicaprio who made his characters immortal in Shutter Island, Titanic, The Departed, Catch Me If You Can, Revolutionary road and so on is yet to receive the so praised Oscar. Want more? Harrison Ford has not. Hug Jack man, Will smith, Samuel L Jackson and Alan Rickman’s show cases have it not. Please understand that awards never judge the talent. Christopher Nolan is an architect of huge commercial and critical success. It’s Oscar and other award jury’s grudges for commercial directors, which prevent them issuing Oscars to skippers like Nolan.

Now talking about propagandas, you can criticize any one with strong condemn against them, even though your allegations have no robust base. Belief is like talent. But faith is like Skill. Faith on a person is gained through the study of his past achievements. There the quantity of productivity never matters. What alone matters is the quality. 'Tim Robbins' has only a count less than 50 in his filmography where 'Rajini Kanth' boasts of a whooping figure more than 160. Whom do you feel a better thespian? Was ‘Batman’ the same as you saw before, when it came out of Christopher Nolan’s majestic hands? Why running so far? Let’s have a look at an indigenous talent, the Ace director 'Shankar'. His first movie 'Gentleman' was a huge success. The next one ‘Kadhalan’ was a hit from the very first day. Why? It’s because of people’s faith one him which was shaped in mere a movie. So it’s not a subject of whether Nolan
    'invented Camera" ! or not, but a subject of Nolan’s way of redefining the conventional movie experience. Next thing, it’s easy to make statements putting forward theories like “messiah approach” or “Worshiping than appreciating” and related. But my friend, you forgot one thing that you are feeding into a thread made to discuss on the next work of Christopher Nolan. As a lover of his movies, I cannot show lack of faith on him. He always satisfies me. Here in this thread we can only talk about Nolan and not on ‘David Lynch’ for, it’s irrelevant. Its only your fault to complain amidst Nolan’s tall achievements. Christopher Nolan may not be a man carrying magic wand on his hands. But he is a man who does magic on screens owed to his unparalleled craftsmanship.

To your further reference you may read :
    " Roger Ebert of Chicago Sun-Times noted that "Unlike most remakes, the Nolan Insomnia is not a pale retread, but a re-examination of the material, like a new production of a good play."
    kalakki
    I regret the good things i did for the wrong people

8. Likes xeon liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel John View Post
    kalakki
    Ah Daanku Daanku

Inception is pure sci-fiction. It is not just dream; the story is about possibility of sharing dreams by many, using a futuristic technology developed by US scientists. In fact, Nolan had this idea about in his mind before Matrix is even released! We need to respect his talent to make the audience enjoy this theme despite how complex these ideas were.
    <a href=http://www.forumkeralam.in/forum/signaturepics/sigpic5035_57.gif target=_blank>http://www.forumkeralam.in/forum/sig...pic5035_57.gif</a>

Nolan's Insomnia is one of highest rated investigation movie & commercial success as well. Speaking about BO success, Nolan's first movie Following was made with his pocket money and made 2 million $ at BO at that time (2 million collection for a black & white movie!! ). It is considered as greatest No Budget movie of all time. He immediately got chance in hollywood when his debut movie was screened in US. Leave about awards, even Gandhiji didn't get a Nobel peace prize!
    <a href=http://www.forumkeralam.in/forum/signaturepics/sigpic5035_57.gif target=_blank>http://www.forumkeralam.in/forum/sig...pic5035_57.gif</a>

He.. thachanu padikkunna aale kittiyo

Quote Originally Posted by PunchHaaji View Post
    Inception is pure sci-fiction. It is not just dream; the story is about possibility of sharing dreams by many, using a futuristic technology developed by US scientists. In fact, Nolan had this idea about in his mind before Matrix is even released! We need to respect his talent to make the audience enjoy this theme despite how complex these ideas were.
    Nice comments made haaji . Adding more to this I wish to tell a few points more on Inception. As our friend Peruntachan claimed the movie is built upon dream sequence and any one can realate to it. But inception is far away from a dream. Its a game of mind manipulation. Its easy to draw plots based on dreams because in dream sequence, anything impossible can be shown on screens in excuse. But how many of the directors other than nolan had an impulse to create dreams in a dream? And again another dream in the second dream? How cleverly he creates the unrealistic imagery? Take the snow fight scenes, and see how cobb and all reached there. Inception is so nice to watch. And of course, Inception is a pure science fiction.

14. Likes Daniel John liked this post