Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mumbai Police..My Review..A Different Thriller...

Default Mumbai Police..My Review..A Different Thriller...

Theatre:Muvattupuzha Issacs

"Mumbai Police" enna peru kettappol mattu palareyum pole actionu importance ulla oru thriller aanu njan pratheekshichath.Trailerum mattum kandappol alpam character based aaya film aanenn thonni.Aa thonnal poornamayum sariyanenn film kandappol manassilayi.Oru action packed fast paced cinema pratheekshich theatrelekk poyaal ningal nirasarayi madangendi varum.What we get is in fact a slowburn character based drama which works equally well as a thriller too..

Let me come to the story..Antony Moses(portrayed brilliantly by Prithviraj) is the ACP of Cochin.When the film begins we see him informing his superior(Rahman) that he has cracked the murder case which was given to him.But at this critical point Antony meets with an accident and as a result he loses his memory.Now he doesn't remember anything about his past.The rest of the film portrays how Antony solves this crime while figuring out who he is..The film is slow paced and you can feel every second ticking away.I did not find this a problem but if slow pace bothers you this is definitely not your cup of tea..

The script is the major star here.Bobby and Sanjay has come up with a unique take on the genre which needs to be appreciated for it's boldness.The director has a done a good job too.The pain and confusion of Antony who is struggling to find out who he is conveyed very well.In the acting departmet Prithviraj has(again) come up with a masterful performance.He handles a complex character with confidence.Among the Supporting players only Jayasurya and Rahman has well etched parts and both did their parts well.Also Kunchan shines in a small role..

There are many things going in favour of MP.But the climax is very polarizing.The ending will either amaze you or anger you.But it will definitely shock you.From the audience response it seems that only a few were amazed.The rest showed their disapproval by booing.As far as I am concerned Mumbai Police is a fine offbeat thriller which deserves to be appreciated.
    You may like or hate this film.But I am sure that you won't forget this one very easily..

My Verdict:8/10

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Gud review

Thanks ajith..

thanks macha....machan aano bike parkingilnte avide e kollam aake ulla hits romans & amen anennu friendinodu paranjathu

Quote Originally Posted by babichan View Post
    thanks macha....machan aano bike parkingilnte avide e kollam aake ulla hits romans & amen anennu friendinodu paranjathu
    Njan thanne aa Mahaan..

Thanks for the review................

Quote Originally Posted by ajithsnair123 View Post
    Njan thanne aa Mahaan..
    enikkapozhe thonni....anneram oru activayil avide vannirangiyathu njan ayirunnu....machante thottu purakil aanu njanum twistm irunnathu....enikku doubt undayirunnumachan anonnu....

Quote Originally Posted by babichan View Post
    enikkapozhe thonni....anneram oru activayil avide vannirangiyathu njan ayirunnu....machante thottu purakil aanu njanum twistm irunnathu....enikku doubt undayirunnumachan anonnu....
    Twist paranju ningal 2 perum ente thalakk mukalil undarnenn..Pinne padam ishtappetto??

Quote Originally Posted by ajithsnair123 View Post
    Njan thanne aa Mahaan..

thanks for the review...
    <a href=http://www.forumkeralam.in/forum/signaturepics/sigpic5035_57.gif target=_blank>http://www.forumkeralam.in/forum/sig...pic5035_57.gif</a>