Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mumbai Police - A late review, and a New member to Forumkeralam

Thumbs up Mumbai Police - A late review, and a New member to Forumkeralam

Ente Mumbai Police review...

Okay, to start I have to say the climax was already spoiled by a lot of people in the online medias so I knew the story. But before this I had already guessed who the culprit was.

The film is about Antony Moses, a hot tempered police officer who solved his best friend Aryan John Jacob's murder case and found out the culprit but lost all memory of who and why, due to an accident. Farhan put's Antony moses in charge of the case again starting from scratch. The first half goes quite slowly, as the second half is comparatively on faster pace. There is alot you can say about this movie. One thing for sure is this is a great investigation thriller. (A MUST WATCH FOR LOVERS OF THIS GENRE) I wouldn't of guessed the motive at all if it wasn't spoiled.

Performances-
    Overall there weren't as many performance you would feel as if it's out of place.

Prithviraj- after Ayalum Njanum Thammil and Celluloid(which I yet have to see) he is continuing his streaks of magnificent acting. This role was portrayed awesomely both versions of the character. Antony Moses A and Antony Moses B. You will definitely find the Antony Moses A really intimidating and soul-less but when you see Antony Moses B it's like they are two different people. Which was well handled by Prithviraj!
    Jayasurya- as ACP Aryan John Jacob, a son of a wealthy business man. As usual he provided his role with excellence. It was really convincing as Jayasurya did the role. Although he is not in the film in longer lengths. He made his scenes the most entertaining ones. "Ullathu kondu Onam pole, nannayyi thane cheythu"
    Rahman- as Commissioner of Police Farhan Aman, here we have the success of an actor who hasn't been showcased for his acting skills recently but this film totally changes that. He provided the image and characteristics of a sincere senior police officer in the gang known as Mumbai Police.
    Kunjan- I believe in this great actor. His scenes were the most emotional of the film. I also see it as a break through for this actor who hasn't received a role with such emotional touch in recent times.
    New comer Hima Davis- brought a good debut
    Everyone else was just O.K. nothing more to say.

Positives-
    the acting by the lead heroes..
    direction
    script(i wasn't convinced with the climax and didn't want accept such a motive because "it happens way too less in kerala and is such a taboo")
    bgm (Gopi Sunder as usual rocks! A nice police investigation themed music)
    cinematography was different and a pleasant one by R. Diwakar
    everything else was a positive to me.

Negatives-
    1st half is really slow..
    Climax. Bobby-sanjay I understand how it can be thought of as new generation but why when tamil films, telugu films or even bollywood films don't have such a thing!!!!

Mumbai Police definitely gives you a very thrilling ride in which can disturb and shock you in the end. Also it showcases the best performances of Prithviraj, Jayasurya and Rahman. Rosshan Andrrews yet has given a good comeback after Casanovva.

Overall I am giving it a rating of 7.5/10

2. Likes UoB liked this post
  3. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Welcome to FK machaa .... and thanks for a nice review...
    Ambathooor Singham

thanks
    to FK

Thanks bhai...
    to FK

ENNU NINTE MOIDEEN

Thanks bhai...

thanks.....

Thanks bhai. . . .

Thanks bai,nice write-up
    Repped
    BEL20VED