Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank You movie review - My first Review

Default Thank You movie review - My first Review

Thank You - My first Review

Theatre - Thalassery Mini Paradise
    Status - 30-40 ppl
    Show - First Show

First of all a big Thank You to V.K.Prakash for making this movie. I will not get into the story because i feel you will enjoy this movie if you go in with a clean slate of mind. I wasnt initially planning to watch this movie and only went for this because for some apparant reason Left Right Left wasnt released here.

About the movie:
    You could say it is a thriller set in Thiruvananthapuram during the course of 1 day with some flashbacks weaved in . First half of the movie is very racy and without revealing any of the plot it generates enough intrigue in the minds of the viewers and not for a moment felt boring. Till interval it was just another run of the mill thriller which we have seen many a times in many different languages but in second half movie takes a whole new turn. I am not gonna reveal the plot but it tackles a very relevant social issue in a manner which makes you sit upright and take notice. The movie elevates from just another thriller to something which will remain in your minds even after you leave the theatre.
    The small nuances left by the director adds to the beauty of the movie. Songs are decent and adds value to the movie although nothing to write home about.

Acting

Jayasuriya has grown as an actor in recent years and has shown his calibre in tackling different types of roles but the understated portrayal of the protagonist of the movie takes it to a whole new level. Sethu also has done justice to his role as the Cop. "New generation Appooppan" also makes a cameo and has done well. Supporting cast has done adequately.

Direction and Script

Hats off to the script writers and V.K.P . The direction is pacy and doesnt bore you even for a second . The transformation of the story via the flashback sequence will remind you of a Bollywood movie but it has been done well.

Pros

Acting
    Direction
    Script
    BGM is adequate

Cons
    Marketing and decision to release at this point of the year

Verdict

Many a film has been forgotten at the theatres and later on became popular and cult classics after DVD release. I hope this one doesnt have the same fate. Crowd response was Really good. Thalassery crowd notorious for being a nuisance to all the viewers with constant whistling and shouting was quiet throughout the movie and took me by surprise when they unanimously clapped at the end of the movie with me. Multiplex audience might like it more and if it can survive the first week with the heavy hitters i predict a slow hit.

Rating
    4.5/5
    Best Movie out this year till now.

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Thanks for the rep. First time posting . Sorry for the lack of punctuations and capitalization. Thettundenkil Kshamikkuka. It is just my view about the movie but i urge everyone to watch it in theatre so that we get more movies like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rohithtm View Post
    Thanks for the rep. First time posting . Sorry for the lack of punctuations and capitalization. Thettundenkil Kshamikkuka. It is just my view about the movie but i urge everyone to watch it in theatre so that we get more movies like this.
    welcome...its ok..........naan inne kaanaan pooyappool show illa........pattiyaal adutha divasam kaananam............

Thanks rohithtm for the review..

thanks rohith... repped...

Thanks for the review.............

thnx rohith

Thanks macha

Thanks............aadyathe review aanennu thonnilla...gud.......
    Mammootty can be likened to the purest breed of Red Oak trees- he shall still stand upright, rooted in deep and exposing his ornamental bark in all its glory and charisma.

thanks bro, appo kollam alle
    Today's Gold rate: https://www.gold.co.uk/gold-price/gold-price-today/

Today's exchange rate: https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/

Today's Drishyam final collection : www.pushpullservice.com