Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bramayugam - Detailed Discussions Thread - The Unique Classic in Malayalam Film

Default Bramayugam - Detailed Discussions Thread - The Unique Classic in Malayalam Film

Bramayugam Spoiler Alert!!!

The thread indented to discuss all hidden and other interpretations about the Classic Bramayugam Film!!!
    Last edited by ikka; 02-17-2024 at 01:09 PM.

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Thanks bro.

Default The Slavery Angle - Sidharth Bharathan

The Slavery Angle on Second Watch

----------------------------------------------

What I felt in my second watch is the slavery angle too on Sidhrath Bharathan's perspective.

He was in slavery for most of his life under chathan...was escaping from the same. When he was known that the other man is Chathan again he did not try anyting but ran ran again. Then he encounters Portuguesa. He did not want again to be a slave of Portuguese and to be bold and takes the stone. Ultimately faces death instead of slavery and dies happily...

Padam kandappol thottulla oru samsayam aanu , engane aanu Amalda characterinte oru prasakthi ee filmil . Pullikari Sharikkum oru yakshi aano , atho chathante oru Partner aano ? Atho ithokke Arjun ashokante avide akapedumbol thonnunna karyangal aano .

Quote Originally Posted by ikka View Post
    The Slavery Angle on Second Watch

----------------------------------------------

What I felt in my second watch is the slavery angle too on Sidhrath Bharathan's perspective.

He was in slavery for most of his life under chathan...was escaping from the same. When he was known that the other man is Chathan again he did not try anyting but ran ran again. Then he encounters Portuguesa. He did not want again to be a slave of Portuguese and to be bold and takes the stone. Ultimately faces death instead of slavery and dies happily...
    Wasn’t he being a slave to exact revenge against Chathan . Pinne final scenil once he realized the person is chathan he realized he has lost the plot . Avide vechu he is completely lost .pinne portuguese avaru ayale vedi vekkunnathu alle . Athum kalleriyan pokumbol

Default Yakshi Angle - reinvention of image & is castism and power play in minds of yakshi??

In the scriptures yakshi is treated as coming in the form of beautiful women that lure the men and it was treated before in all films as wearing saree and all. Here all took a different pic.

Is director intent there is a castism / power element in yakshi too treating two individuals differently - first scene and scene with ikka? first searching for blood and second enjoying the pleasure??? Just a wild thought...

Quote Originally Posted by rajavu View Post
    Padam kandappol thottulla oru samsayam aanu , engane aanu Amalda characterinte oru prasakthi ee filmil . Pullikari Sharikkum oru yakshi aano , atho chathante oru Partner aano ? Atho ithokke Arjun ashokante avide akapedumbol thonnunna karyangal aano .
    Yekshi aanu…

Chathanum aayi ina cherunnund…may be aa mana yude aduth pett pokunna aalukale bhayappeduthi manayilekk vidunnathinu chathan niyogichathum aakaam…(avare kand bhayannu odumpozhaanello paanan manayil ethunnath)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes PULSE liked this post

Wasn’t he being a slave to exact revenge against Chathan . Pinne final scenil once he realized the person is chathan he realized he has lost the plot . Avide vechu he is completely lost .pinne portuguese avaru ayale vedi vekkunnathu alle . Athum kalleriyan pokumbol

yes...but why he took stone, why portugese is shown, I feel its about power changing from one angle to another and slavery changing from one angle to another... He do not go back to the deprived again!!

Was it chathans master plan using the yakshi to bring ashokans character avar thammil ulla eye contact, adyathe faceoffil yakshi dint attack ashokan, they had an eye contact, then mammootty yakshi sceneil he had an eye contact with yakshi

I have put above my thought of cast & power angle to yakshi... Just a wild thought which makes both the scenes in the movie relevant...