Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Left Right Left-A Late(Pointless) Review

Default Left Right Left-A Late(Pointless) Review

Sadharana cinema release aayi orazhchakkullil kaanumbolanu njan ivide review post cheyyarulloo.Ini enganum kanda divasam FK login cheyyan pattiyillenkil review ezhuthanum pokarilla.Ee randu sheelangalum thiruthan Left Right Left enna chitram enne prerippichu.Ithine kurich ezhuthathirikkan enik vayya ennathanu sathyam.

LRL became famous(notorious) all for the wrong reasons.Some called it an unprovoked attack on the Left;some trashed it as a Militant Hindu political propaganda and some called it brilliant.I belong to the third category(Maybe that means I am a fascist!!!).
    Let me leave aside the political issues for the time being and concentrate on the cinema...

The film begins showing the childhood lives of three boys.First we see Sahadevan,a boy from Malabar who watches as his father(a communist) goes to avenge his(father's) brother's death,never to return.Then we see Roy who witnesses his father(a communist) being cut down by unknown attackers during the emergency.Finally we see Jayan who understands the power of money and Police while watching his sister die.After this the story shifts to present day Kerala..

Roy(Murali Gopi) is now a cripple who is still a good communist but he's not very active in his party RPI(M)
    [No points for guessing the party].
    Sahadevan(Hareesh Peradi) is a prominent member of the party and Jayan(Indrajith) is a Sub Inspector.Jayan and Roy are neighbours.Though Jayan doesn't like Roy much he has great love for Roy's wife(Lena) who reminds him of his dead sister.Then there is a nurse played by Ramya Nambeesan whom Jayan wants to marry.The story involves the unearthing of a conspiracy by two of Roy's friends.They have proof which shows Sahadevan acquired a large sum of mony as bribe and they publish this stry in a small newspaper.The rest of the story revolves around the consequences of this action.Unknowingly Jayan and Roy become pawns in this corrupt game..Baakki screenil...

The story and screenplay are solid.The screenplay is crafted brilliantly.Eventhough the runtime is close to three hours the proceedings will keep you interested.The dialogues are sharp and they hit all the targets they are supposed to hit.Arun Kumar once again shows that he is THE best director among the new breed of directors.He paces the movie brilliantly and expertly.
    Coming to performances they are solid all around.I always thought of Murali Gopi as a writer than as an actor.In LRL he comes up with the best performance of his career.The sensitive and idealistic Roy is safe in his hands.I have never heard the name Hareesh Peradi before LRL.This guy was superb as an egomaniacal politician with a God Complex.Among the female leads Both Lena and Ramya Nambeesan have performed well.It's nice to see some well etched female characters now and then.

I have left the best performances for the last.I believe the name of the actress is Sethulakshmi(Sorry If I am wrong).She plays Jayan's mother in the film.She was a treat to watch as a loving mother.Her combination scenes with Indrajith were touching,heartwarming and original.They were just like a mother and son.That leaves the man who walks away with the best performance in a film which has good performances all around:INDRAJITH.Vatt Jayan is the best role and performance of his acting career.I hope he gets some well deserved accolades for this performance.

Having said all this the movie is not without faults.
    1)This is the major flaw of the film in my view.The persons to blame for this are the director and scriptwriter.For some reason they make Vijayaraghavan's character copy the mannerisms of a well known political leader.With all due respect to Arun and Murali Gopi, WE ARE NOT STUPID.Anyone can understand who that character is supposed to reflect from the film.There was no need to make Vijayaraghavan perform mimicry.
    2)Some unwanted minor characters..

Though some flaws are there this is a fantastic movie.If you enjoy political thrillers this is a MUST SEE.In my personal opinion this happens to be the best film to come out in Malayalam since Traffic.Try to watch this.I don't know for how long this will be around in theatres.Maybe this is one of those films which are destined to be DVD classics.

My Rating:9/10

Vaalkkashanam:Ee cinema hinduthva ajanda aanenn pala sahodarangalum paranjukettu.Njan oru savarna fascist aayathkondayirikam chilapol pakshe etra alochichitum aa aropanathinte pinnilulla chethovikaram enik manassilayilla.Onnenkil angane parayunnavar ee cinema kandittilla,allenkil ithine arinjukond karivarithekkanulla oru planned aaya sramam(Ennalum aarkanu ee cinema flop aavanam enn agraham varika???) ini athumallengil avar sadharana manushyaralla.Kaananum kelkanum avar matt pala avayavanggalum aayirikkum upayogikkuka.
    Warning:Ella communist kaarum mahaanmarum communist kaaril aareyenkilum orale polum kuttam parayunnayal samrajyathva agent/savarna fascist enne categoryil varunnavarum aanennaanu ningalude viswasam enkil ee chitram ningalk ishtapedilla.Ningal ningalude sangalpika swargathil viharich harmless aaya new gen comedikal kandoloo

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Quote Originally Posted by ajithsnair123 View Post
    Sadharana cinema release aayi orazhchakkullil kaanumbolanu njan ivide review post cheyyarulloo.Ini enganum kanda divasam FK login cheyyan pattiyillenkil review ezhuthanum pokarilla.Ee randu sheelangalum thiruthan Left Right Left enna chitram enne prerippichu.Ithine kurich ezhuthathirikkan enik vayya ennathanu sathyam.

LRL became famous(notorious) all for the wrong reasons.Some called it an unprovoked attack on the Left;some trashed it as a Militant Hindu political propaganda and some called it brilliant.I belong to the third category(Maybe that means I am a fascist!!!).
    Let me leave aside the political issues for the time being and concentrate on the cinema...

The film begins showing the childhood lives of three boys.First we see Sahadevan,a boy from Malabar who watches as his father(a communist) goes to avenge his(father's) brother's death,never to return.Then we see Roy who witnesses his father(a communist) being cut down by unknown attackers during the emergency.Finally we see Jayan who understands the power of money and Police while watching his sister die.After this the story shifts to present day Kerala..

Roy(Murali Gopi) is now a cripple who is still a good communist but he's not very active in his party RPI(M)
    [No points for guessing the party].
    Sahadevan(Hareesh Peradi) is a prominent member of the party and Jayan(Indrajith) is a Sub Inspector.Jayan and Roy are neighbours.Though Jayan doesn't like Roy much he has great love for Roy's wife(Lena) who reminds him of his dead sister.Then there is a nurse played by Ramya Nambeesan whom Jayan wants to marry.The story involves the unearthing of a conspiracy by two of Roy's friends.They have proof which shows Sahadevan acquired a large sum of mony as bribe and they publish this stry in a small newspaper.The rest of the story revolves around the consequences of this action.Unknowingly Jayan and Roy become pawns in this corrupt game..Baakki screenil...

The story and screenplay are solid.The screenplay is crafted brilliantly.Eventhough the runtime is close to three hours the proceedings will keep you interested.The dialogues are sharp and they hit all the targets they are supposed to hit.Arun Kumar once again shows that he is THE best director among the new breed of directors.He paces the movie brilliantly and expertly.
    Coming to performances they are solid all around.I always thought of Murali Gopi as a writer than as an actor.In LRL he comes up with the best performance of his career.The sensitive and idealistic Roy is safe in his hands.I have never heard the name Hareesh Peradi before LRL.This guy was superb as an egomaniacal politician with a God Complex.Among the female leads Both Lena and Ramya Nambeesan have performed well.It's nice to see some well etched female characters now and then.

I have left the best performances for the last.I believe the name of the actress is Sethulakshmi(Sorry If I am wrong).She plays Jayan's mother in the film.She was a treat to watch as a loving mother.Her combination scenes with Indrajith were touching,heartwarming and original.They were just like a mother and son.That leaves the man who walks away with the best performance in a film which has good performances all around:INDRAJITH.Vatt Jayan is the best role and performance of his acting career.I hope he gets some well deserved accolades for this performance.

Having said all this the movie is not without faults.
    1)This is the major flaw of the film in my view.The persons to blame for this are the director and scriptwriter.For some reason they make Vijayaraghavan's character copy the mannerisms of a well known political leader.With all due respect to Arun and Murali Gopi, WE ARE NOT STUPID.Anyone can understand who that character is supposed to reflect from the film.There was no need to make Vijayaraghavan perform mimicry.
    2)Some unwanted minor characters..

Though some flaws are there this is a fantastic movie.If you enjoy political thrillers this is a MUST SEE.In my personal opinion this happens to be the best film to come out in Malayalam since Traffic.Try to watch this.I don't know for how long this will be around in theatres.Maybe this is one of those films which are destined to be DVD classics.

My Rating:9/10

Vaalkkashanam:Ee cinema hinduthva ajanda aanenn pala sahodarangalum paranjukettu.Njan oru savarna fascist aayathkondayirikam chilapol pakshe etra alochichitum aa aropanathinte pinnilulla chethovikaram enik manassilayilla.Onnenkil angane parayunnavar ee cinema kandittilla,allenkil ithine arinjukond karivarithekkanulla oru planned aaya sramam(Ennalum aarkanu ee cinema flop aavanam enn agraham varika???) ini athumallengil avar sadharana manushyaralla.Kaananum kelkanum avar matt pala avayavanggalum aayirikkum upayogikkuka.
    Warning:Ella communist kaarum mahaanmarum communist kaaril aareyenkilum orale polum kuttam parayunnayal samrajyathva agent/savarna fascist enne categoryil varunnavarum aanennaanu ningalude viswasam enkil ee chitram ningalk ishtapedilla.Ningal ningalude sangalpika swargathil viharich harmless aaya new gen comedikal kandoloo
    Thanks .........

Thanks ajith

Thanks for the review...............Good one...repped..

Tthanks macha

Thanks Bhai......

Thanks ajith...

thnkz,well writtten............
    കടന്നു പോയവര്* നമുക്കിടയില്തന്നെയുണ്ട്* ,തീക്ഷ്ണമായി ആഗ്രഹിച്ചാല്* നമുക്കവരെ കാണാന്* കഴിയും പകലില്* നക്ഷത്രങ്ങളെ പോലെ

Thanks ajith

Thanks all..Padam pottiyath kashtamayippoyi