Page 418 of 693 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419420428468518 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,180 of 6927

Thread: 💝 Fitness/Health : Discussions ❤️🩹👩🏻⚕️

took some time to read the WHO ICD-10 code and the ICMR released 'guidance for appropriate recording of Covid-19 related deaths in india' (which is based on ICD-10). the words that are repeated the most in these guidelines are COD (cause of death) and MCCD (medical certificate of cause of death). as per the rules of the registration of births and deaths act (india), 1969, the attending medical practitioner issues the MCCD using Form 4 for institutional deaths and Form 4a for non-institutional deaths. the MCCD form contains two parts, part 1 to 'record the immediate and antecedent causes'; and part 2 to 'record the significant conditions that contributed to the death but were not part of the sequence of events leading to death'. covid 19 is confirmed only on Code U07.1 which means test and symptoms should be positive. 1.3 states that: [deaths result from a combined effect or two or more related conditions (meaning, a sequence of conditions)]. in such sequences, the disease or injury which initiated the sequence is the COD; all the morbid conditions or injuries consequent to the COD are termed as antecedent and immediate cause. the guideline goes on to explain that the medical practitioner should fill in the logical sequence leading to the death. 2.2 states that: [even if a person has pre-existing morbid conditions (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease/asthma, chronic bronchitis, ischemic heart disease, cancer, diabetes mellitus) that can increase the risk of developing respiratory infections leading to complications in a covid-19 positive individual, only those that contributed to death should be recorded in part 2. 3.4 ii states that: [record the logical sequence of events. there may be many medical conditions in a person. based on the most logical events that caused death, these conditions must be mentioned in the MCCD form] after that, the MCCD should be sent to DMO who has a board of doctors assigned to look into it, study the logical sequence and determine whether the death should be recorded as covid related or not. all covid reports (irrespective of covid-19 being COD or not) should be recorded in the ICMR-NCDIR e-mortality software, a software which aids in recording and reporting cause of deaths as per national standards of death reporting laid down by the office of registrar general of india (ORGI). stating the sequence of morbid conditions in order, allows selection of the cause of death that is considered as 'underlying COD' - this is coded with ICD-10 codes and counted for statistical purposes.
    Last edited by Perumthachan; 08-06-2020 at 12:54 AM.

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

What is the most exaggerated figure you think on co morbidity cases in Kerala???

Quote Originally Posted by Canada man View Post
    Usa is still worse no doubt..he may be just joking at usa .. . But death count in kerala is also different as co morbidity cases not counted ...comparison is not that easy ..less testing can make less covI'd reporting as well ..differnce in testing and protocol in listing death make comparison in accurate or not clear..

Quote Originally Posted by frincekjoseph View Post
    What is the most exaggerated figure you think on co morbidity cases in Kerala???
    I don't know ..one week before as per media report at least 30 deaths were excluded .only govt knows ..there is no WHO guidelines which says co morbidity cases should be excluded ...99 % of parts world don't do that..also doing covid test on dead bodies for who already confirmed postive and on treatment also happens only in kerala ..desperate attempt to show low numbers ..instead govt should concentrate on disease control and testing more people ...now even if kerala is best in india people will be questioning kerala numbers authenticity..

Usa is still worse no doubt..he may be just joking at usa .. . But death count in kerala is also different as co morbidity cases not counted ...comparison is not that easy ..less testing can make less covI'd reporting as well ..differnce in testing and protocol in listing death make comparison in accurate or not clear..

i think this death count is just relative number.
    in usa lot of aged people are there with life style diseases.
    also if number of cases increases the availability of hospital facility will be compromised.
    I am sure USA have better facility and doctors than kerala.
    it's just because cases became un controlled.
    I also noticed that american malayalees didnot return from USA bec of this pandemic, they are staying there and now not that much death of malayalees happening there.
    Kerala cases are low now, if its is become uncontrollable it will be worse than USA, in Kerala in majority houses there will be sugar/ heart/ kidney patients

Can you show me the link for the same stating that 30 deaths were excluded. I am searching for the same but unable to find out

I don't know ..one week before as per media report at least 30 deaths were excluded .only govt knows ..there is no WHO guidelines which says co morbidity cases should be excluded ...99 % of parts world don't do that..also doing covid test on dead bodies for who already confirmed postive and on treatment also happens only in kerala ..desperate attempt to show low numbers ..instead govt should concentrate on disease control and testing more people ...now even if kerala is best in india people will be questioning kerala numbers authenticity..

Can you show me the link for the same stating that 30 deaths were excluded. I am searching for the same but unable to find out
    There is already link in the thread..

Quote Originally Posted by veiwer View Post
    i think this death count is just relative number.
    in usa lot of aged people are there with life style diseases.
    also if number of cases increases the availability of hospital facility will be compromised.
    I am sure USA have better facility and doctors than kerala.
    it's just because cases became un controlled.
    I also noticed that american malayalees didnot return from USA bec of this pandemic, they are staying there and now not that much death of malayalees happening there.
    Kerala cases are low now, if its is become uncontrollable it will be worse than USA, in Kerala in majority houses there will be sugar/ heart/ kidney patients
    Covid is so much spread in usa that even at very high level of testing tons of cases are missed ..at least some areas healthcare is overwhelmed like italy. cdc says in usa real case s may be at least 10 times than clinicaly proven ones .so no wonder death is high..as far as malayalees is usa are concerned not much death now..one reason may be malayali community is relatively younger and more careful ...senseless behavior of Americans are a big issue...

9. Likes veiwer liked this post

https://www.onmanorama.com/news/kera...lts-delay.html

check above link altogether 39 nos until last week .
    They also mention 17 nos were included in the list also . Not sure this 17 is from above 39nos
    If that is the cast unofficial additional will be 22 if not 39.

It was clearly mentioned that there is a delay in including the figures because of the samples were send to Alapuzha for testing right - never mentioned it will not be included.

COVID-19 victims in Kerala COVID-19 has so far claimed 86 lives in Kerala. However, only 84 persons were included in Government's offical list

This is the only 2 they mentioned not included in the government list so far

Read more at: https://www.onmanorama.com/news/kera...lts-delay.html

Quote Originally Posted by Veiwer11 View Post
    https://www.onmanorama.com/news/kera...lts-delay.html

check above link altogether 39 nos until last week .
    They also mention 17 nos were included in the list also . Not sure this 17 is from above 39nos
    If that is the cast unofficial additional will be 22 if not 39.
    Last edited by frincekjoseph; 08-06-2020 at 11:10 AM.

It was clearly mentioned that there is a delay in including the figures because of the samples were send to Alapuzha for testing right - never mentioned it will not be included.

COVID-19 victims in Kerala COVID-19 has so far claimed 86 lives in Kerala. However, only 84 persons were included in Government's offical list

This is the only 2 they mentioned not included in the government list so far

Read more at: https://www.onmanorama.com/news/kera...lts-delay.html
    paranjath correct thanne official listil ninn 2 nos exclude cheythittund

39 nos avar mention cheythathil 17 included in list and rest facing some delays

but kerala is worst in handling case can’t compare with any other state or any other part of world

add to note TN have recently included 444 unaccounted covid deaths to official list after expert judgemnet