Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast

Thread: ╚••║► MAHENDRA SINGH DHONI - Official Thread ◄║•••╝The Dark Knight Of Indian Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by BangaloreaN View Post
    Kure stories kelkkunnundu, but confirm cheyyanam enkil naale teamil undo ennariyanam.
    Viramichu ennanooo

MAMMOOTTY AKKI VIJAY PRABHAS YASH

Quote Originally Posted by BangaloreaN View Post
    Kure stories kelkkunnundu, but confirm cheyyanam enkil naale teamil undo ennariyanam.
    Team il okke undakum may b ee series ode retire cheyyum allel 2019wc vare wk aayi kalikum
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by visakh r View Post
    Viramichu ennanooo
    Naale ariyam.
    Teamil edukkaan Kumble puthiya rule vechittundu, comeback players oru domestic match enkilum kalichu match fitness prove cgeyyanam. Annanidu Jharkhand teamil Ranji kalikkan paranju, pattilla ennu paranju, ennittu BBL kalikkum ennu, athum undayilla, so Kumble selection committee munne objection paranjennanu kelkkunne

Right decision at the right time

Vijay Lokapally January 04, 2017 23:10 IST

Mahendra Singh Dhoni does what only he can. Stun the cricket world. He did it on the field with some astonishingly improvised strokes. He was no different off the field when he handed Virat Kohli the Test captaincy in Australia in 2014.
    By relinquishing the responsibility of captaincy in the shorter formats, he has only confirmed that none could read his mind. None. He surely wants to serve as a player at a most critical time for Indian cricket.
    Did he pre-empt a move from this selection committee? Not possible because his stature was too overwhelming for MSK Prasad and Co to take a call on his captaincy.

In fact, Dhoni is held in awe by the current selection committee which acknowledges his priceless contribution to Indian cricket. But he has chosen the right time to take the right decision.
    Dhoni has always played the game on his terms. The elevation to captaincy brought the leader out of him, a constant well-wisher of his colleagues, an unyielding champion for the rights of the players. There is a long list of players who vowed their allegiance to him for the strong backing he extended them. His bonding with his mates was as strong as his commitment to Indian cricket.
    When he gave up his spot in the Test team he was only showcasing his strong character.
    For long he owned the reputation of being the greatest finisher in modern one-day cricket. Of late he was faltering by his standards. His decision to bat at No 4 in recent times was interpreted as a step to give himself more time to settle. But it was also accepted that he was best equipped to take charge early and give the contest a clinical climax.
    This move to make himself available as a player is being seen as an attempt to relive his early years in international cricket. Dhoni of the past would be a great source of strength for the present Indian team.
    He can now look to play with abundant freedom. Captaincy had come with lot of pressure and past selectors always appreciated the dignity he brought to the job at meetings never disrespectful, always accommodating, accepting the majority opinion with grace.
    Dhoni must have understood the importance of reserving his best for Kohli. He has always admired Kohlis work ethics and now has the platform to perform as just a player. He may have lost some power in his hitting but not the passion to be as fit as anyone else. Evidence lies in his intensity when running between the wickets with Kohli especially.
    Known for his vision, Dhoni, 35, obviously would not like to be seen as a barrier for the progress of the likes of K.L. Rahul, Rishabh Pant and Ishan Kishan, three candidates eligible for the job once he takes the final bow as a player too.
    Dhoni, it is known in cricket circles, would never be a burden on the team. If he is giving himself a chance as a player, he deserves the support too. He would never encourage questions doubting his utility in the team. The selectors known he is still the best keeper-batsman in limited overs cricket. They just need to respect his decision to give up captaincy and back him now in the last lap of his fabulous cricket journey.

Twitter reacts to M.S Dhoni's decision to step down as captain

sachin tendulkar Verified account ‏@sachin_rt

.@msdhoni #captain

Kris Srikkanth @krissrikkanth Sign of a true leader is to know when to pass the baton!Thank u for the entertainment skipper u r an #Inspiration @msdhoni #livinglegend
    9:56 PM - 4 Jan 2017

Michael Vaughan @michaelVaughan Even one of the greatest captains of all time decides enough is enough ... Well done @msdhoni on an incredible leadership term .. #Dhoni

Michael Clarke @MClarke23
    I think @msdhoni will go down as one of India's most successful captains. He is a great man and still has a lot to offer Indian cricket.

Sanjay Manjrekar @sanjaymanjrekar
    I will remember Dhoni as a captain, who got calmness of nerves & champion like performance on the big nights to Indian cricket. #dhoni

6. Likes Iam RMU liked this post

“What else was there for him to achieve? Most number of Test wins for India, number 1 ranking in Test cricket, T20 World Cup, Champions Trophy, the World Cup, most number of wins as one-day captain. I’m not great at stats but he mustbe at the top of every statistical list on what an Indian captainhas achieved. History will remember him as India’s most successful captain. And someone who really, in his time as an Indian captain, took the team and the game forward in thiscountry"-Rahul Dravid on MSD!
    MARACANA- WEMBLEY -LUSAIL

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/co...y/1076184.html

"It's a win-win situation for the captain coming in to still have Dhoni for his advice, his inputs and his cricketing brain," he said. "But what I'm most happy about is that he'll be able to play free cricket and express himself as the aggressive MS Dhoni we knew when he first came into the team. As a player, responsibility can take that away from you. I think it's time he enjoys his cricket because he has taken so much burden for the country."

Kohli said he and Dhoni shared a good relationship, and Dhoni had been grooming him for the role of captain. "I've learnt a lot from him in terms of leadership and conducting myself. When you think 'Dhoni', the first thing that comes to mind is 'captain'. For me he's always going to be my captain because I started my career under him. He will always be the guy who guided me, who gave me opportunities, who gave me ample time and space to grow as a cricketer, who saved me from getting dropped many a time."
    Be kind, rewind.