Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sringaravelan & Daivathintw swantham cleetus ::::: Reviews

Default Sringaravelan & Daivathintw swantham cleetus ::::: Reviews

Daivathinte swantham cleetus
    Pala : Jos - (50-55% full)

First thing first. Not a big fan of Mammotty or any of the creators in this movie. Still went into the movie with little hope after reading some pretty good to average reviews in FB and in popular forum 'forumkeralam'. Also I may say that some stills in the climax exceeded my curiosity to watch the movie. And a big thanks to 'Jochayan' [Jomon] for arranging me the tickets.

I won't say that this is a big hyped movie or anything, but Mammotty's some different getups made the viewers interested, especially his fans. Mammotty is an actor who gave grand entries to some popular directors now. That includes the likes of Lal Jose, Anwar Rasheed, Aashiq Abu etc.. Here he gave another debutante a chance to rework the magic in box-office. G Marthandan, who assisted many profound directors and has an experience of long 17 years in the field of advertisement, has finally able to chance to direct a film. Another thing is that this movie is produced by a fan of Mammotty. Interestingly, this is the 2nd time in the open era that a fan has produced a movie, as the 1st one being 'Lokpal' which unfortunately bombed at the box-office. So not much confidence one can take from that huh ?!! Anyway, the movie is written by once a big thing in the Malayalam cinema industry, Benny. p. nayarambalam. His ability to make comedies out of nothing once labeled him as one of the best script writers. But not anymore.! His last outing, Dileep's 'Sound Thoma' was an average fare partially only because of directors talent. [Vyshak]

Readers..., be careful while reading the below paragraph. There will be spoilers.!

The story revolves around a beautiful place in Kerala. [Thodupuzha] As the title shows, the movie has a bit of 'Godism'. Once there arises the need for a new actor in a troupe called 'Vadakkumthala theatre'. They are looking for a decent actor who can play the Jesus Christ. In search they found 'Cleetus' played by '(Mammotty)', who is actually a rowdy. The drama is directed by Fr Sunny (Siddique). Cleetus joins the group and the story revolved around him and the troupe for a while. Also the life of Jesus Christ influences the character in Cleetus. The film has some effort to invoke jokes throughout the first half. Only partially succeeded, it has to be said. Also the 1st is kind of a mix of Manoj k Jayan's 'Swarnakireedom & Mohanlal's 'Naran'. The second half focuses on heroes past and the way the drama ends forming the story. There is a small twist in between which can be easily predictable. The climax is a bit different from the cliches we have seen in so called entertainers. The director has to take some credit for that. But only for that part [lol] Although, the second kind of reminded me of Bharatan film 'Chamayam'. One can say the film is a mixture of the above 3 films combined. Now there are some unwanted action-Mass scenes in between which was not at all called for this movie. This is by no way the entertainer like Chattambinadu or Pokkiri raja. I found those mass scenes a pathetic way to include mass elements.

Performance - Mammootty as cleetus & later Jesus Christ was appreciable. Very good as Christ , considering the actual age is almost double. Long hair getup is much more suitable tomammukka nowadays as it covers some age of his. Still pairing up with Honey rose made it stretch too far. Speaking of Honey Rose, the 'maybe called' heroine in the movie, delivers quite a good performance. She looked beautiful in some scenes. Suraj kind of looked like learning from his mistakes, thus not make audience irritated. Here, he invokes quite a number of laughs from the audience. Interestingly, Aju vargeese as sidekick of the hero was found quite irritating here. Lots of so called 'chalus' were actually from him. All others did their part very well. The actual surprise package was the performance of P. Balachandran. He was simply awesome throughout the movie with some great one liners.

The direction fromdebutant marthandanwas a huge negative throughout the movie. Someone like a Vyshak could have made a huge difference to the actual feel of the movie. Although in patches it was good. Many scenes lacks punch. The climax portions could have been a memorable one if directed by anexperithoma. But nowhere near perfect. There were some adult jokes in the movie which the audience clapped. Mammotty in one scene slapped tesni khan on her back which was greeted with heavy claps and laughter. Same adult meaning jokes were in Dileep's latest blockbuster Mayamohini and some of them were actually disgusted about those jokes. Many of them who called those jokes unbearable, well,.. some of those viewers found these as great jokes to laugh for. Is it the fanship that is causing this.. I don't know.

The script by benny was slightly better than of Sound thoma. Music was simply a waste of time.whovewer done the music for this one can actually be shameful about their work. BGM was at times loud and other times good. Climax BGM was good though.

On a whole, One can't call this as a crap movie or a below average one. If directed by a known director this could have been a thing. Especially those climax sequences. Some of the performances saved the movie a lot covering up the negatives. Also one can't call the movie as a comedy entertainer considering the climax, but you won't be disappointed watching it. Maybe not in theatre but on dvd's. Its a watchable light hearted entertainer.

5.75/10

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................

Sringaravelan
    Pala : Maharani - (Balcony 75% ,1st class : 25-30%)

Earlier here in my blog I had posted my expectations for this movie. As a fan of Dileep I was kind of expecting a clean entertaining as it claims to be. The movie has a huge star cast that includes the likes of Lal, Kalabhavan shajon, Nedumudi venu, Shammi thilakan, as co-stars.

Nothing much to say as Dileep once again fell into the trap of sibi Udayan's. The movie has virtually no storyline. The good thing is that they packaged it very well with some hilarious comedy scenes. Lal, Kalabhavan Shajon, baburaj all did their parts well as sidekicks to the hero. One can call this movie a laugh riot and as a time pass one. There is a lot of situation comedy which works out pretty well that makes you ROFL.

Dileep plays the role of kannan who studied fashion designing and not interested in prolonging a career in that area. Instead, his interests were on how to become a billionaire without taking much effort. One day, he ended up in an old palace, send by his father. His life then takes a complete 'u' turn as he finds a girl of his dreams. He falls in love with that girl. [Vedika] But the problems arise when the heroine and her father were under the attack of some Mumbai connection. How he copes with those guys and convincing heroine's father for marriage forms the rest of the story.

One may ask what kind of a stupid storyline this is. But the movie is completely intended to entertain the audience. Uday-sibi-dileep has once again come up with the answer to that by delivering a clean festival entertainer. I've laughed hard in many of the scenes and the rest of the audience in the theatre. Some scenes were so hilarious that some people jumps up and down in their seats. The movie's main audience is family. I'm certain that they will enjoy the movie to the core. The response from youth is predictably bad. But who cares !!. 95% of them would have laughed so hard in the theatre and left with another mindset. With uday-sibi, the movie should be crap. Now, I'm not saying they should call the movie a perfect entertainer or anything.. But the movie is not a 1/5 or 0.5/5 type as some internet guys say. It is definitely much much better than that.

Saying all this, Uday-sibi are much more talented than making a movie like this. The plot is very much similar to their recent hits Mr marumakan, Mayamohini and karyasthan. They could have at least change the plot for this one. The heroine's father here can't speak either Hindi or English, which was bizarre. The character of ukkan tintu was hilarious. They recreated that character with with some really funny 1 liners. It was even hilarious than in the original film 'Neram'. Baburaj's intro greeted with claps but, fails to impress much. Lal was throughout hilarious in his role as 'Yesu'.

The songs were good , apart from the title track. There are some good melody tracks. Berny Ignatious did a good job indeed. BGM was Avg to good. Dileep was looking young and smart and delivers a solid performance. Heroine vedika also deserves some appreciation as she exceeds my expectations of her. Camera work by Shaji was crisp with some stylish shots. Editing was good. Direction was fast paced.

If you like to spend 2.45 hrs in this Onam season for some dumb fun, then sringaravelan is your unanimous choice. Serious movie lovers and so called BUJI'S please stay away.

Personally, am disappointed by the effort put by a great combo here. Only because they are capable of producing much more.!

5.5/10

for more reviews visit my buji blog

http://muviezz.blogspot.in/

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Thanks buji paraman
    FK AVENGERS

Quote Originally Posted by Bodyguard Jayakrishnan View Post
    Thanks da
    Welcome BG

Quote Originally Posted by sirius View Post
    Thanks buji paraman
    Melcow chekka