Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best director of present time

Thumbs up Best director of present time

Guys, I'm creating this board to discuss about the directors of present age.. Who is better and why? We can discuss about their previous works and their films in detail.. Why do you think one director is better than the rest? I'll have a poll shortly to get who the FKians thinks the best director in the present age.. We would only consider those:
    • who have started their career not more than 15 years ago
    • directed atleast 2 films
    • and still very much active.

May be we can have a separate poll for the directors who came before that time once the current poll ends and discuss about their movies..

And make sure you are giving the credit to the right person because sometimes people are confused who should be credited when they see a great movie? Should it be Director or script writer or DOP or Editor or the star cast? Ultimately, if a cinema has turned out good or above, that means the director has done a good job. Because the most important thing a director must do is to setup a team so that he can deliver the product in his mind which he or his script writer has written.. He is also the most authoritative individual of his film.. He decides at what level his actors have to perform and he has to verify whatever his cinematographer or Editor is doing. However, we are talking about great directors here. A great director is the one who is either creative or takes a script and turns it one or two level above. I also feel that directors who write the screen play (see only screen play ; story and dialogues could be associated with others) themselves have an edge than the rest.. because if you compare film making with a car production, script writing is its design part and direction is manufacturing.. If one director directs a screen play written by someone else, he is turning the vision of his script writer into a visual spectable.. So here the screenplay writer is more creative than the director. For instance in the case of MT - Hariharan combo. It's MT who decides what all should be there on the scene, although Hariharan does all the necessary work to make it visually spectacle which is ofcourse a very difficult thing to do. Yet, the creativity part is associated with screen play writer here and the director is not making a film he dreamt of rather he is making the dream of script writer come true... I hope you got it..

I'm going to have the following directors in the poll.

• Amal Neerad
    • Anjali Menon
    • Anwar Rasheed
    • Arun Kumar Aravind
    • Ashiq Abu
    • Blessy
    • Jeethu Joseph
    • Lal Jose
    • Lijo Jose Pellissery
    • Madhupal
    • Rajesh Pillai
    • Ranjith
    • Ranjith Shankar
    • Roshan Andrews
    • Salim Ahamed
    • Sameer Tahir
    • Santhosh Shivan
    • Shafi
    • Shyama Prasad
    • Vaishakh

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions. You wil be able to select only a single person. And it should not be that difficult. Which director's movie you will want to watch before knowing about the story, star cast and the rest of the technical crew let alone reading the review.
    So shall we start?

Mods, feel free to delete this thread if this is a duplicate
    Last edited by classic; 09-17-2013 at 03:20 PM.
    Mammootty proves yet again that he was, is and will always be the MASS ka BAAP & also CLASS Ka BAAP
    The Mega Star & The Best Actor!

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Shortlisted Directors and their notable films:

• Amal Neerad
      • Big B
      • Kullante Bharya (5 Sundarikal)

• Anwar Rasheed
      • Rajamanikyam
      • Bridge (Kerala Cafe)
      • Usthad Hotel

• Arun Kumar Aravind
      • Cocktail
      • Ee adutha kaalathu
      • Left Right Left

• Ashiq Abu
      • Salt n Pepper
      • 24 Female Kottayam
      • Da Thadiya

• Blessy
      • Kazhcha
      • Thanmathra
      • Pranayam

• Jeethu Joseph
      • Detective
      • My Boss
      • Memories

• Lal Jose
      • Meesha Madhavan
      • Class Mates
      • Ayalum Njanum Thammil

• Lijo Jose Pellissery
      • Nayakan
      • City Of God
      • Amen

• Madhupal
      • Thalappavu
      • Ozhimuri

• Rajesh Pillai
      • Hrudayathil Sookshikkan
      • Traffic

• Ranjith
      • Ravanaprabhu
      • Nandanam
      • Kaiyoppu
      • Paleri Manikyam - oru kolapathakathinte katha
      • Pranchiyettan & The Saint

• Ranjith Shankar
      • Passenger
      • Arjunan Sakshi

• Roshan Andrews
      • Udayananu Thaaram
      • Note Book
      • Mumbai Police

• Salim Ahamed
      • Adaminte Makan Abu
      • Kunjananthante Kada

• Sameer Tahir
      • Chappa Kurish
      • Neelakasham Pachakkadal Chuvanna Bhoomi
      • Esha (5 Sundarikal)

• Santhosh Shivan
      • Anantha Bhadram
      • Urumi

• Shafi
      • Kalyana Raman
      • Mayavi
      • Marykkundoru Kunjadu

• Shyama Prasad
      • Kallu Kondoru Pennu
      • Agnisakshi
      • Ore Kadal

• Vaishakh
      • Pokkiri Raja
      • Seniors
      • Mallu Singh
    Last edited by classic; 09-17-2013 at 03:21 PM.
    Mammootty proves yet again that he was, is and will always be the MASS ka BAAP & also CLASS Ka BAAP

Poll Details:

1) You can select only 1 candidate. It is said that a person is as good as his last work. So please don't judge it that way and don't let the last work have any unfair advantage/disadvantage.

2) Please post your Best 10 Directors list as a post after voting. Rank no.1 will get 10 marks and Rank no. 10 will get 1 mark. We can calculate the accumulated marks each one has got.

And hence there will be two results:
    1) Most top rated director
    2) Most rated director

Let's start it now.
    Last edited by classic; 09-17-2013 at 03:11 PM.

.. booked again just in case I want to add more details ..

Which director's movie you will want to watch before knowing about the story, star cast and the rest of the technical crew let alone reading the review.

?????
    Oru directorude peru matram vechu oru padam kaananam ennu thonnuvo? .. I dont thnk so.
    Last edited by K K R; 09-16-2013 at 10:27 PM.
    തോണി നിറഞ്ഞ് പ്രാണൻ കവിഞ്ഞ്
    ഈണമായ് നമ്മിൽ.... മെല്ലേ...മായാനദി...

Quote Originally Posted by K K R View Post
    [I]Which director's movie you will want to watch before knowing about the story, star cast and the rest of the technical crew let alone reading the review.

?????
    Oru directorude peru matram vechu oru padam kaananam ennu thonnuva? .. I dont thnk so.
    yes, if you trust a director or if you are a fan of a director it will happen.. same like you will watch a movie of an actor irrespective of whoever else is associated with his movie.

Quote Originally Posted by K K R View Post
    [I]Which director's movie you will want to watch before knowing about the story, star cast and the rest of the technical crew let alone reading the review.

?????
    Oru directorude peru matram vechu oru padam kaananam ennu thonnuva? .. I dont thnk so.
    idukki gold njaan ashiqinte peru maathram kandittaanu kaanaan povum ennu vechath.........
    LEGENDS

Quote Originally Posted by classic View Post
    und, if you trust a director or if you are a fan of a director it will happen.. same like you will watch a movie of an actor irrespective of whoever else is associated with his movie.
    Ennalum like.. i have loved sameer's 2 movies so far.. ennum vechu naale sameer oru project announce cheyyuvaanu with rejath menon or someone in the lead.. and with a not so interesting story line.. I wld wait till the reviews to go and watch that movie..!
    തോണി നിറഞ്ഞ് പ്രാണൻ കവിഞ്ഞ്
    ഈണമായ് നമ്മിൽ.... മെല്ലേ...മായാനദി...

ithinte okke avasyamundo??etra thavana nadanna discusiona..

Vaishakh
    lal jose
    Jeethu joseph