Thread: ##$$$$$ MEMORIES###$$- A very Late Review

Default ##$$$$$ MEMORIES###$$- A very Late Review

Date:2/10/2013 (Wednesday)
    Theatre: Sreekumar

I wanted to see Memories a long time back mainly out of curiosity as the reviews given in most of the sites were utmost positive, but due to lack of time I was very late in seeing it. Better later than never!!!

Memories basically is an investigative thriller that keeps you on the edge of your seats most of the time. The first half introduces all the characters and the killings that have taken place. Prithvi is shown as a drunkard in the movie which he becomes due to a personal tragedy. How he gets convinced to take up the case and how he intelligently takes the case forward makes the rest of the story. The second half of the movie is fast paced and well crafted.

Technical Aspects:

Direction:
    Even though all movies directed by Jeethu Joseph were different from each other, except for Detective for me personnaly both 'Mummy n Me' and 'My Boss' were strictly average. Memories is Jeethu Joseph's coming of age movie. He has written the script that induces suspense into the minds of the audience at various junctures. Jeethu Joseph has written a brilliant script that has skyrocketed his market in Malayalam. His next movie wit 'Lalettan' would surely be one of the most awaited movies in the coming year.

Camera:
    Sujith Vasudev's camera works were slick and in sync with the movie

Music & BGM:
    There are only 2 songs. The title credits English song was extraodinary. Kudos to the music director 'Sejo John' and Jeethu for taking the unconventional route for the title credit song.
    BGM was the most impressive aspect of the movie apart from Script and Performances. 'Anil Johnson' with his bgm has taken Memories to another level. The mood his bgm creates is just superb!! He is a musician that Malayalam Cinema may look up to in the future!!

Performances:

Prithviraj is finally creating his own space in Malayalam. He has played the drunkard cop with aplomb without overdoing any of the mannerisms. His performace was therefore very beleivable and natural. Brilliant potrayal by prithviraj continues with his fourth successive terrific performance.
    Rahul Madhav as Prithvi's brother was a very well casted role. And he strinkingly looks similar to Prithvi
    Villian was brilliant and he is finally getting recognition

Final Verdict:
    I personally place Mumbai Police above memories because of the shock value and also the narrative of Mumbai Police was out of the box and never heard before in Malayalam. But Memories would rank among the best ever thrillers in Malayalam Cinema. Jeethu Joseph, Take a Bow!!!
    Last edited by melodyguy; 10-03-2013 at 07:36 PM.

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

kidu status aanallo
    thanks for the review

kidu review bhai...repped....

55th day weekdayilum balcony full...
    ഇരവഴഞ്ഞി അറബിക്കടലിനുള്ള താണെങ്കിൽ , കാഞ്ചന മൊയ്തീനുളളതാ...
    ഇത് മൊയ്തീന്റെ വാക്കാ.. വാക്കാണ് ഏറ്റവും വലിയ സത്യം..

Thanks melodyguy ..................

Thanksss machanmaare!!!!

Thanks macha........

Thanks Bro
    Is love just a never ending dream....?

thanks melodyguy....

Thanks bhai... Kidu status...

ENNU NINTE MOIDEEN