Bollywood mourns the death of Manna Dey

Amitabh Bachchan: Manna Dey, stalwart of the music world, passes away. Flooded with memories and his songs. In particular his rendition of Madhushala. RIP... Prayers and condolences to loved ones and family! Strange how we connect events of our life with his songs! At work but shall keep a minutes silence, in Manna Dey's memory on set before we start...

Mahesh Bhatt: Manna Dey passes away. His voice shall linger forever.R.I.P.

Manoj Bajpayee: Manna Dey is no more! A great singer! Lets pray for him! My condolences to his family! His music will live for 1000 yrs. RIP.

Kailash Kher: Manna Dey, the legend is no more, and his contribution to music and films is unmatchable, RIP. Transformed from physical to divine, prayers.

Sunidhi Chauhan: Heartbroken at Manna Da's shocking demise.

Vishal Dadlani: The world is a darker place, as one of the greatest musical lights to ever shine, has left us. May the immortal Manna De-saab rest in peace.

Shekhar Ravjiani: The legend is no more... But he'll forever live in our hearts through his songs and his voice. RIP Sir Manna Dey

Madhur Bhandarkar: Manna da, a legendary singer with a golden voice, that ruled our hearts for decades, will be missed by all. Zindagi kaisi hai paheli haye.

Shabana Azmi: Manna Dey had a unique voice. He will live on through his songs Ai Meri Zohra Jabeen/ dil ka haal suney dilwala/ poocho na kaise maine RIP.

Kunal Kohli: Manna Dey, last of the greats, along with Kishore, Rafi and Mukesh, passes away.RIP.'ek chattur naar' to 'ae mere pyaare watan' what a range.

Shaan:
From Rock n roll to pure classical to melancholy to slapstick... no one like Manna Da! Long live Manna Dey!

Shreya Ghoshal: Zindagi kaisi hai paheli, Puchho na kaise, ek chatur naar, aao twist karein, aaja sanam madhur.. Such versatility and command over all genres. Rest in peace Manna Dey saab.. You and your voice are immortal.. Your songs will continue to inspire millions forever..

Shankar Mahadevan: Zindagi ... Kaisi hai paheli haaye .. Kabhi toh hasaaye ... Kabhi ye rulaaye .. Manna da ... Bless us!

Anupam Kher: Manna Dey was one of the first legendary singers I heard live on stage in Shimla. He was gentle and calm. Just like his voice. Will miss him. RIP.

Paoli Dam: 'Coffee house er shei adda ta aaj aar nei'... the legend passes away! Manna Dey... RIP.

Ashoke Pandit: Sad to hear about the demise of Manna Dey. A geart singer and a great human being. RIP.

Sushma Swaraj: My respectful homage to the memory of the great singer Manna Dey

Harsha Bhogle: Oh no. Such terrible news to get up to. Manna Dey no more? Less melody in the world.