Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thira - 2013 | 113mins

Default Thira - 2013 | 113mins

Thira - 2013 | 113mins

How do I even start, should I go explaining how wonderful the movie is, or should I start praising the brilliant minds behind this well-made picture? ‘Thira’, the latest from Vineeth Sreenivasan is nothing less than a classic thriller which takes up on the most discussed and challenging threat in our society, violence against women.

Rohini, a reputed cardiac surgeon and the chairperson of an NGO for women welfare, lands in a heap of trouble when the girls living in her Welfare Centre go missing and her recently deceased husband is accused of pedophilic charges, prior to his tragic death. At the same time a youth named Naveen is also in a quest to find his kidnapped sister. The roads Rohini and Naveen take to do what must be done is what the movie is all about.

The elements in a screenplay can always be prioritized the way the screenwriter sees it fit, and here, Rakesh Mantodi and Vineeth Sreenivasan, screenwriters of this film decides the joy ride should start with a blast, yes off with a hell of a blast. Most of the characters are introduced in a matter of minutes, they do not wait for shitty backstories or build ups, they just go for it and nailed it. Rohini played by Shobana is a character for the coming decades, she will be remembered for this role no matter what. Naveen played by Dhyaan Sreenivaasan also lands a very convincing act, so did the supporting cast.

The direction by Vineeth Sreenivaasan deserves a special mention, the locations he chose, the languages he used throughout the movie, the well written characters; this may well be the first attempt at an ‘Indian movie’ than a ‘Malayalam movie’. Cinematography by Jomon T John is also top notch, especially with the fight scene, which is definitely new in a Malayalam movie.

Last, but not the least, in three words “BGM kicks ass”. Trust me, I can go on and on about how beautiful the tracks made by Shaan Rahman is, but that won’t do any good, unless of course if you haven’t listened to them yet.

The bottom line is, ‘Thira’ is a well-made thriller with a very entertaining and brilliant screenplay, which you might have missed in the previously released new-gen freak shows, yes, especially in the new-gen freak shows.

4.5/5 for me.

Thank you.
    i am no critic, i am a nobody. things i love i write, things i don't, well, i write that too. and still, i am no critic.

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

kalakkipolicha review...thanks bipin chettan
    How much does love weigh?

thanks...

thanks mashe....
    " Har Har Mahadev.. "

Quote Originally Posted by SREEJITH.KP View Post
    kalakkipolicha review...thanks bipin chettan
    Quote Originally Posted by maryland View Post
    thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
    thanks mashe....
    :D. no thank you. :).
    i am no critic, i am a nobody. things i love i write, things i don't, well, i write that too. and still, i am no critic.

thira awesome.
    tks ....

superb review.....thanks...
    Mammootty can be likened to the purest breed of Red Oak trees- he shall still stand upright, rooted in deep and exposing his ornamental bark in all its glory and charisma.

Thanks Macha

Thanks bipinbenson.............

Thanks bipin..