Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ▓✪ AJAY DEVGAN ✪▓ - Official Thread

Default ▓✪ AJAY DEVGAN ✪▓ - Official Thread

Ajay Devgan (born: Vishal Veeru Devgan on 2 April 1969) is an Indian film actor, director, and producer who has established himself as one of the leading actors of Bollywood (Hindi cinema). Devgn has won numerous awards in his career, including two National Film Awards. He is the son of director and action choreographer Veeru Devgan.
    Last edited by firecrown; 01-05-2014 at 10:28 PM.
    My ratings for last 5 Lalettan movies:
    * 01/24 - Malaikottai Vaaliban - 4/5
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5
    * 10/22 - Monster - 2.6/5
    * 05/22 - 12th Man - 2.5/5

upcoming movie is 'Action Jackson' directed by Prabhudeva.

releasing on May 1, 2014
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5

Thanks firecrown, 100 cr club winner alle, nice start!!

4. Likes firecrown liked this post

Singham Ajay Devgn is back with sequel

Mumbai: Ajay Devgan-starrer, Singham after joining the 100 crore club ended up being one of the top grosser of 2011 year. The news is now being planned as sequel.

Singham's famous dialogue-Ata maajhi satakli aahe-had caught the fancy of audiences when it released in 2011, is now set for the another round of power- house cop Bajirao Singham with his stunts and the muscle-flexing ways. Reliance Entertainment has joined hands with Ajay Devgn films and Rohit Shetty Productions for a sequel.

Ajay says, "We were compelled to make a second offering post its success. As soon as the right script was in our hands, we went ahead."

Rohit, who had helmed the original film too, says it took him two years to develop the final draft of Singham 2.

CEO Reliance Entertainment Sanjeev Lamba says, "This is a very important franchise for us. We are delighted to have both Ajay and Rohit on board to take the story forward. I am sure this sequel will be a treat for all Singham, Ajay Devgn and Rohit Shetty fans."

Singham 2 is slated to go on the floor early next year and will release worldwide mid-2014.

* 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5

Prabhudheva: It has been superb working with Ajay Devgn

Prabhudheva has enjoyed three action successes in a row, what with R... RAJKUMAR doing well too after WANTED and ROWDY RATHORE. Now that he is getting back to all the action with Ajay Devgn for 'Action Jackson', the director-choreographer is thrilled to bits.

'It is for the first time that I am making a film with Ajay and he is such a humble and sweet man. Everyone had been telling me for so many years that he is a nice person. Now I have experienced that first hand and can say myself that it has been superb working with him,' says Prabhudheva.

He has already shot with Ajay for around 20 days and is happy with the progress being made. In fact to break the ice, a major part of this schedule involved canning a high adrenaline action sequence.

Informs a source, 'Since he is an original action star himself right from the days of PHOOL AUR KAANTE, the job for Prabhudheva was not to work on image change for an actor but to actually play along with that. It made his association with Ajay on ACTION JACKSON all the more fruitful and eventful. Wait for some real good dhamaka on screen.'

Yes, we are waiting indeed for 1st May when ACTION JACKSON releases all over.

* 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5

Ajay-Akki lock horns at BO?

Release dates clashing at the box office never make for a pretty scene. But looks like it’s inevitable for Akshay Kumar and Ajay Devgn next year. Akki and Ajay’s respective films — Holiday and Action Jackson — in all probability are slotted for release on May 1. Not just that. Again on August 15, their films It’s Entertainment and Singham 2 will have to fight it out at the box office,” says an industry insider.

During the release of Son Of Sardar, (that had clashed with YRF’s Jab Tak Hai Jaan), Ajay was very vocal about his displeasure about the two releases coinciding. He had also spoken about how he’d do everything to avert such a situation in the future. If the dates do get sealed, it will be an in-house battle for writer-director duo Sajid-Farhad that has written the script for Singham 2 and is making a directorial debut with It’s Entertainment.

It’s a small world after all, isn’t it?
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5

Second chance..?

Quote Originally Posted by OxY View Post
    Thanks firecrown, 100 cr club winner alle, nice start!!
    also national award winner...

Akshay and Ajay's double clash averted

This has never happened before but in 2014, it came quite close to that. Akshay Kumar and Ajay Devgn were all set to clash not once, but twice at the box office, and that too in a matter of just about 100 days.

However, this has now been avoided.

"That's true," informs a source, "As for now; there is only one clash, what with Akshay's Thuppakki remake (Holiday) being challenged by Ajay's Action Jackson on May 1. However, though it had earlier seemed that on August 15, their Its Entertainment and Singham 2 would take on each other, it is not happening with former deciding to arrive a week earlier."

One expected that to happen, considering the fact that after the infamous clash of his Son of Sardaar with Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Ajay had made his displeasure around clashes very clear. He had been quite vocal in saying that ideally he would never want two big films to clash and would try his all to make sure that one of these shifts to another date.

"This is the reason why he had booked August 15, quite early for Singham 2. On the other hand, Akshay too had set his eyes on the same day for one of his films. Once his Gabbar moved ahead, it was time for Its Entertainment to fill this spot. However, he and producer Ramesh Taurani have now decided to come a week earlier since the clash wouldn't help anyone," the source adds.

It is a different story though when it comes to their encounter on 1st May as neither Holiday nor Action Jackson were earlier planned for this date and the developments have been very recent.

"This is ironical since it means that Akshay would also have a clash with his Rowdy Rathore director Prabhu Dheva who is at the helm of direction for Action Jackson," a common friend adds, "It would be interesting if this really happens."

Now one waits to see if Akshay and Ajay, who share a good cordial relation with each other, would sit down and sort it all to avoid these clashes.

* 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5

Ajay Devgn signs his first horror comedy ('Kanchana' remake)

Tusshar Kapoor will soon don the producer's hat with his maiden venture, to be co-produced by Shabinaa Khan. Incidentally, the latter made her debut as a producer with Rowdy Rathore. Their joint venture, yet untitled, will star Ajay Devgn and will go on the floor next August.

While details of the film are being kept under wraps, the makers are in the process of finalising the script, having bought the official rights of the Tamil horror comedy Kanchana — one of the top grossers of 2011. The Hindi remake will be directed by Raghava Lawrence, who also helmed the original Tamil film.

Tusshar, who has always been a fan of the horror genre, says, "I have been waiting for the right story to come my way to make my debut in production. Kanchana is a great story and I am really happy to have Ajay on board. He is not only a good actor, who has excelled in both action and comedy, but is also a close friend."

Shabinaa adds, "Horror comedy is a relatively new genre in Bollywood and I am looking forward to it."
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5