Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fisherman's Review of Drishyam

Default Fisherman's Review of Drishyam

Fisherman's Review of Drishyam
    Dec 19, 9:30 AM Show.
    EKM - Q Cinemas

I had high expectation of the movie because of two reasons - 1. Jeethu Joseph - After My Boss and Memories both movies most of us like a lot 2. Mohanlal - From the stills we could make out the energy in him which was lacking in most of his recent movies. And to tell the truth in spite of high expectations I was not dissappointed and was highly satisfied with what I saw.

Now to the movie. Film starts of showing Antony. He was there for some time and felt this guy will spoil the movie. But immediately came a simple intro of Lal which suited the movie. Then the film goes on with Lal's movie craze, his cable tv business and his family. Which is taken well and does not bore you. Also his tears seeing Amaram's climax and saying dialogue of King to Meena and all has come out well and good good claps from the crowd. The film moves own with an interesting twist in the interval. The film stops with a big question mark in front of George Kutty on how he will save his family from the debacle that happenned.

2nd Half is all about Georgekutty's well planned attempts to save his family from the debacle that happenned. Training his family towards it, and tying together all the loose ends. It is really thrilling and people are just glued to the screen through out 2nd half. Direction and script has been completely successfull in getting the viewers compeletely engaged with the movie and it thrills us to the core. It is basically like a game which Georgekutty plays with the Cops based on what he has learnt from the movies. The game ends with an interesting climax which has come out really well and was well received by the audience. Then the film goes on to focus on the family sentiments of two kids which again has worked out well and viewers can feel the emotions of those parents.

Summary - Overall a nicely executed family thriller with superb direction and superb performance from Lal..

Positives
    Mohanlal - After a long time we are seeing him in a likeable role and the actor in him has come back.
    Direction and Script - Excellent. There could be some loop holes in the script but who cares man...

Negatives
    Can bring down the length little bit.
    1st Half comedies are mostly double meaning - I enjoyed it. Dileep padangalile anganathe comedies-ine vimarsickunna sadaachaara vaadikalkku chilappol negative aayi thonnam. I liked it though.

Crowd Response
    Very good claps in the climax.

Rating - 4.5 / 5

Final Word - Must watch for lovers of thrillers.
    Mollywood on a roll... Premalu, Brahmayugam, Manjummel Boys - Content Rich and Money Rich. Others Envy Mallu's Pride

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Thanks a lot..............

thanks mukku....

nice review..... variety film aanenu thonunnu...

Mukku paranjal appeal illa..Thanks

Ningalku valare valare ishtappettennu thonnunnu......

7. Likes Deewana liked this post

Thanks Mukku Bhai

thanks machaane

Thanks
    Second chance..?

FK Manikyam

Thnx Mukku....

Second half description full vaayichilla . just read a line ...hooked ..excited ....
    വിരഹത്തിൻ ചൂടേറ്റു വാടിക്കൊഴിഞ്ഞു നീ
    വിടപറയുന്നോരാ നാളിൽ
    നിറയുന്ന കണ്ണുനീര്തുള്ളിയിൽ സ്വപ്നങ്ങൾ
    ചിറകറ്റു വീഴുമാ നാളിൽ
    മൗനത്തിൽ മുങ്ങുമെൻ ഗദ്ഗദം മന്ത്രിക്കും
    മംഗളം നേരുന്നു തോഴീ