Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drishyam - My Review

Default Drishyam - My Review

Theater : Rave Cinemas, Virginia
    Show: 8.15 pm, Jan 24th 2013

It's been a month since Drishyam released and putting a review at this time is not that useful, still I felt this movie needs to have a separate thread. To start off with, a big thanks to kerala association for putting their efforts to release the movie finally.

Detective, Mummy N Me, My Boss, Memories were all good efforts from Jeethu Joseph and with his last 2 movies gaining so much attention, Drishyam was one movie which everyone were looking forward because it had Mohanlal playing his most favorite simpleton role.

From the teasers, trailers, posters, I felt like 'Ividam Swargamaanu' kind of time but after going through the reviews it was evident that the second half had something special. But for me, the 2nd half was more than what I expected and making the movie thrilling without the usual crime investigation formula - hats off Jeethu Joseph. But that does not make 1st half average/bad/slow moving etc, its just that the second half was mind blowing stuff.

Coming to the performance, Georgekutty is nothing special for Mohanlal as he fits into his comfort zone role perfectly. But yes- his presence in this kind of role is one of the main reasons for the huge success, because we all love to see him in such roles the most. The surprise package was definitely Kalabhavn Shajoon who was an absolute revelation after the comic caper roles.

It was good to see Meena back in a performance oriented role and she was so natural and the 2 kids also came up with a very fine performance, especially the younger one. Asha Sharath was not comfortable at the start, but got into the groove later while Siddique's final emotional outburst, yet controlled, was a superb act. From the technical side, cinematography and editing were neatly done.

It's hard to find negatives in a movie like Drishyam, still wondered why Antony Perumbavoor was given those 2-3 scenes as he looked completely artificial. Anyways, Drishyam is one of the best written movies in recent times and all movie lovers - don't miss it.

Verdict: Recommended
    Last edited by sethuramaiyer; 01-27-2014 at 10:25 AM.

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Thanks sethu......................
    "Kochi kaanan porunnodi kochu penne
    Ninakkishttamulla kaazhcakal njan kaatti tharaam"

Thanks iyyer.gud review

Thaanks Iyyer, Superb Review

Thanks a lot Aiyyer for posting the review...... you made a good evaluation of the film with only a few words......As usual, your analysis was sharp & precise.........Highly Recommended!.....Expecting more reviews from you in future!

thanks machaa.....

Thanks iyyarji..
    ജീവന്റെ അവസാന തുടിപ്പ് വരെ
    ഞാന് ഒരു മമ്മുക്ക ഫാന് ആയിരിക്കും.

Welcome all...

Quote Originally Posted by yodha007 View Post
    Thanks a lot Aiyyer for posting the review...... you made a good evaluation of the film with only a few words......As usual, your analysis was sharp & precise.........Highly Recommended!.....Expecting more reviews from you in future!
    Welcome anna.. ivide padangal onnum release illa.. ee padam thanne vannathu valiya kaaryam aanu..