Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drishyam - Review

FK Regular

Default Drishyam - Review

My review of Drishyam:

Disclaimer: Since I dont understand the language, please excuse me if I mention any mistakes.. these might be because of what I understood from the conversation and may not be the actual things spoken on the screen...

Theatre: Prasadz Screen 4 ...
    Note: I found couple of other telugu guys in the theatre for this movie which was surprising and I also felt nice.. both at the same time..

This is my third malayalam movie in the theatre after Salt and Pepper, Grand Master ... I was always waiting to watch this movie since it released but got no time due to my marriage and relatives visit every week... I cancelled my plan to Bangalore this week and watched this movie..

First things first... I was like an alien in my own city surrounded by malayalees at the 9:15AM show.. hence while booking itself I took the corner seats... since my wife can understand malayalam.. no time was wasted in trying to convince her to watch a diff language movie early in the morning on a weekend.. :D

Coming to the movie.. the first half was soothing...it felt like I was watching a clean 'U' family entertainer... also.. seems like my language understanding abilities increased when I could actually laugh at the jokes... Mohanlal as the cable TV owner and his expressions while watching the movies in his office are superb.. his conversation with Meena right from when he enters his house after watching the bedroom scene are funny... I was literally laughing when he says about his strength completely drained the previous night.. ;) .... the first half is a joy ride with beautiful moments ... the second half is a perfectly knitted thriller.. actually cant seperate the movie as first and second half... the continuity was well maintained... I expected a different kind of story before going to the theatre.. but maintining the thrilling moment even after revealing the actual story and concept before the interval shows the talent of the director ... Meena seems to be the perfect choice for this role.. not sure who was tried for it first....

On the whole... Monalal's acting in the second half.. his planning and the way he makes every scene looks real... the scene where he talks to his family about what questions and how the cops would deal with them is one of its kind... not a single dull moment.. not a single waste scene... on the whole.. this is like a must watch for all movie lovers...

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Quote Originally Posted by krishnabhargavt View Post
    My review of Drishyam:Disclaimer: Since I dont understand the language, please excuse me if I mention any mistakes.. these might be because of what I understood from the conversation and may not be the actual things spoken on the screen... Theatre: Prasadz Screen 4 ... Location: Hyderabad ... Status: Full house... and it was running 4th week I guessNote: I found couple of other telugu guys in the theatre for this movie which was surprising and I also felt nice.. both at the same time.. This is my third malayalam movie in the theatre after Salt and Pepper, Grand Master ... I was always waiting to watch this movie since it released but got no time due to my marriage and relatives visit every week... I cancelled my plan to Bangalore this week and watched this movie.. First things first... I was like an alien in my own city surrounded by malayalees at the 9:15AM show.. hence while booking itself I took the corner seats... since my wife can understand malayalam.. no time was wasted in trying to convince her to watch a diff language movie early in the morning on a weekend.. :D Coming to the movie.. the first half was soothing...it felt like I was watching a clean 'U' family entertainer... also.. seems like my language understanding abilities increased when I could actually laugh at the jokes... Mohanlal as the cable TV owner and his expressions while watching the movies in his office are superb.. his conversation with Meena right from when he enters his house after watching the bedroom scene are funny... I was literally laughing when he says about his strength completely drained the previous night.. ;) .... the first half is a joy ride with beautiful moments ... the second half is a perfectly knitted thriller.. actually cant seperate the movie as first and second half... the continuity was well maintained... I expected a different kind of story before going to the theatre.. but maintining the thrilling moment even after revealing the actual story and concept before the interval shows the talent of the director ... Meena seems to be the perfect choice for this role.. not sure who was tried for it first.... On the whole... Monalal's acting in the second half.. his planning and the way he makes every scene looks real... the scene where he talks to his family about what questions and how the cops would deal with them is one of its kind... not a single dull moment.. not a single waste scene... on the whole.. this is like a must watch for all movie lovers...
    Thaaaanks macha..superb review

Thanks Bhaii... Superb Review...

Nice review

Thanks Krishna!

Thanks....Krishnabhargwt, very nice of you to post a review here....glad to know that Georgekutty rocking in your city as well!

nice review!!!!!!!!!

FK Manikyam

Thanks....Krishnabhargvt

Good review.......

Thanks krishnabhargavt ........................