Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Balyakalasakhi - An epic love story for all generations

Default Balyakalasakhi - An epic love story for all generations

Balyakalasakhi - An epic love story for all generations
    Theatre – Cinepolis (Mangalore)
    Date – 07/02/2014
    Let me begin with a sincere gratitude, respect and salute to the master writer Vaikkom Muhammad Basheer for presenting the world such a beautiful and touching love story years back. The beauty of the novel is that it still remains one of the best love stories ever told. A true masterpiece which has travelled ahead of time and is still relevant to those people with a good heart.

The movie begins with a heart touching song “povukayanu njan” , along with introducing our lead character Majeed . He is in search for a job, so that he earns and takes care of his family back home. And in the due course of events, the love story of Majeed and Suhara unfolds, beginning with their childhood day’s .Their love and separation forms the rest of the story.

This is one of the best period films ever released in mollywood. It’s not only because its a classic adaptation of a class novel, but also due to the way its presented to the present day audience even without losing the soul of the story. Each and every department scores high in this movie. The collective effort of each department has given us such a poetic visual extravaganza. The direction and screenplay by Pramod Payyanur was the best. Not even a seasoned director could have brought in the freshness this movie has. This director has done it in his first movie itself. His passion for this art form is clearly visible in each and every part of the movie. We forget this movie is done by a debutant director, such is his perfection. The way director told the story, mixing the present situation of Majeed and showing the flashback scenes were really master class .

The acting department and the music department were top notch. All the age group kids playing Majeed and Suhara were really talented and lovable. We feel for them . We get a rush of feelings watching the very young Majeed and Suharas innocent love. As the couple grew up , all the age group kids who depicted Majeed and Suhara were doing justice to the role . Their acting has taken the movie to greater heights . Special mention should go to the Legendary actor Mammootty for showing different phase of life of both Majeeds and his fathers character . We never feel its the same actor doing or presenting this wide variety of emotions and bringing to life these characters . Be it the mannerisms or dialogue delivery or acting out of various emotions , each and every minute detail was safe in the hands of Mammootty . The place where most people feared was the combination scenes between Mammootty and Isha , but personally those turned ot to be the best scenes of the movie . Its may be because of the immense talent and ability of Mammootty to transform into a character even at this age . The unconditional love , happiness being together , helplessness , pain of separation , hope for a life together ahead etc all the emotions were brialliantly enacted by Mammootty as Majeed . The royal , heartless, arrogant father role and then the poor , cheated , helpless old age role of Majeeds father also were safe in Mammoottys hands. All in all he has shown us a large collection of emotions and acting prowess with such ease that we feel it as an experience in front of our eyes in real than a cinema . No other actor could have ever done or would do the same justice what Mammootty has done in the movie. There were a range or vaiety of scenes showing his acting brilliance . Inspired acting moments(scene where he ralises he has lost his leg) and natural acting (Namakkum jeevikande suhara scene)everything were equally done to perfection by this Titan/Legend. These were just one each example . Any kind of audience who loves either natural or method acting , would be in love with this mans performance in this movie, since he has given the best in both forms . No other actor could dream of doing it both (forget being perfect) . Being paired with an actress less than half his real age , this man has created magic on screen with her . He has brought the right attitude into the character . Or else these scenes would gather a lot of hooting from the younger generation audience . Not taking away any credit off from the director for bringing in such perfection , this man Mammootty continues to amaze or surprise us with such perfection even at this age . The father character could have been compared to few of his other old characters from other movies , but the way he transformed into the character and made it completely different shows his brilliance . This even shows that he is competing with himself with no one even near to him tp pose a challenge . He has not allowed for any comparison . Each and every character he performs is different from one another or rather he becomes the character what the story or the maker demands . Another thing that showed his brilliance was the combination scenes with isha , which he rarely did even at his prime age . the ease with with he shows the lover image or romance with isha is really appreciable . He is exploring the unknown side or less known side of his even at this age . So i would be hesitant to say this is his fag end of his career . He has a lot in store for us . Hopefully God gives him the strength and the writers give him the character . He is constantly evolving and developing as an actor , thats why he is the greatest actor ever born . The climax scenes where he shows the emotions of loss of his lover and his faith or hope to love her till his his death and keep her in his heart with the smiling face shows how perfect or big an actor he is . Different emotions pass his eyes and face in a matter of few shots or minutes .The right kind of expressions and emotions to be brought about by a handicapped person is picture perfect or purely performed by mammootty even in a fight scene . I wouldn’t even imagine anyone else doing it , coz we know its near to impossible to show something that we don’t know or that we have not experienced . I wouldn’t stop praising this actor once i start , thats the amount of joy i get when i get to see him perform that too in a perfectly executed movie like this.

All the supporting cast done their job to perfection . Thanks to the months of training and acting classes taken to bring out the best from even the small kids . Special mention has to be given to Raghavan Master for composing “Thamarapoonkavanathil” and “Kaalam parakana” . The music from the song thamarapoonkavanathil was effectively used to perfection throughout the movie . The feel it brought about in the whole movie is worth mentioning . Hari Nairs camera work was excellent . The art direction needs a pat on its back for showing us the pre independence era with such perfection. Two small rivers joining to form a largr river plays a very important role in the love story and it was shown with utmost perfection.

The only negative i felt was the duration(duration is less here) and the lack of detailing. I mean its not a negative actually , its just that i expected more out of this story or movie. They could have included the pain of separation,fight between suhara and her husband which could have brought a tremendous amount of feel and pain in our heart. These scenes Mammootty and Isha could have acted their heart out . I expected myself to cry and come out of the cinema hall , but i was made just to wet my eyes little . Thats the only negative i feel to tell. The makers shouldn’t have compromised to the present audience. We wouldn’t mind the movie being slow or sentimental. Thats the only reason i am not able to give this movie full rating.
    This is a movie each and every film lover or any age group people should watch. Its a classic adaptation of a classic story.
    Rating - 9/10
    Last edited by ClubAns; 02-09-2014 at 11:25 AM.
    USTHAD HOTELhttp://img856.imageshack.us/img856/7200/64957496.jpg

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

enthokkeyo ezhuthanam enn vijarichu , pakshe onnum angot sherikk vannilla.......1 manikoor eduthu ithrem oppikan . hoo...dog tired.....review onnum ezhuthi valiya parijayam illathondanu.....

Quote Originally Posted by Moviebuff369 View Post
    enthokkeyo ezhuthanam enn vijarichu , pakshe onnum angot sherikk vannilla.......1 manikoor eduthu ithrem oppikan . hoo...dog tired.....review onnum ezhuthi valiya parijayam ollathonda.....
    separate thread aaki idu

Quote Originally Posted by KulFy View Post
    separate thread aaki idu
    ath enganeya ? enik ariyilla.....mods aarelum cheyate....samayam kure aayi....onnu uranganam.......

enthokkeyo ezhuthanam enn vijarichu , pakshe onnum angot sherikk vannilla.......1 manikoor eduthu ithrem oppikan . hoo...dog tired.....review onnum ezhuthi valiya parijayam illathondanu.....
    oru thread aaki idu machan!!
    <a href=http://www.forumkeralam.in/forum/signaturepics/sigpic5035_57.gif target=_blank>http://www.forumkeralam.in/forum/sig...pic5035_57.gif</a>

Thanks Moovybuf.
    Please split the body into paragraphs.
    Last edited by Devarajan Master; 02-09-2014 at 08:23 AM.
    "If the ball is a crying toddler, then Andres Iniesta's first touch is a lullaby..."

Thanks Moviebuff369 .............

Superb review.
    Abhinayamikavinte niroopanam.
    Tharathamyanghalillatha nadanayirikkunnu Mammootty .
    Now he is competing with himself.
    "If the ball is a crying toddler, then Andres Iniesta's first touch is a lullaby..."

Thanks bhaiii.............

thanx moviebuff......