Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 by Two - 2014 | 150mins

Default 1 by Two - 2014 | 150mins

One by Two - 2014 | 150mins

The untimely death of a famous surgeon, Hari, in the city of Bengaluru calls for more trouble, when the late surgeon’s identical twin, Ravi, assumes the identity of Hari. The police officer in charge of the investigation, Yousuf, who has his own demons to face, finds himself in a situation where he has never been before. What happens next, is what the movie is about.

I remember reading this particular quote by Hitchcock, about himself, and the context of what he said was, ‘no matter how shitty of a movie he makes, in the coming age, they will all be considered classics’, and yes, he was right. I believe, Murali Gopi, playing the twins in this moive, the man of the hour is apt to take these words to his own life. Though he have only appeared in a couple of movies, this particular role he did in ‘One by Two’ shows his potential as an actor, and I am guessing he got a backpack full of surprises.

As for the movie, it’s not exactly a win-win situation. The screenplay, by Jeyamohan, could’ve made a bit more engaging, at times the characters seemed too forced, and maybe a shorter version be more enjoyable. But other than that, what we have is, probably the most thought written and backed up characters in the recent movies made and a wonderful cinematography. Even the background score, with homage to the classic thriller ‘Psycho’, were all too good.

Arun Kumar, the director of the movie, this guy is here to stay. More words won’t make him any good than he already is. Honey Rose, the lead actress in the movie, does a wonderful job. Fahad Fazil, who plays the role of the officer in charge of the investigation, also delivers a powerful performance, though he doesn’t have much of a screen time.

Add it all together, what we have is, a brilliantly thought up story, which solely depends on the performance of a single actor. Brilliantly done characters dig up, with a very apt cast. Yes, it’s watchable, though, not exactly everyone’s cup of tea, but a sure classic in the coming age of movies.

4/5 for me.

Thank you.
    Last edited by bipinbenson; 04-19-2014 at 10:55 PM.
    i am no critic, i am a nobody. things i love i write, things i don't, well, i write that too. and still, i am no critic.

2. Likes josemon17, K K R liked this post
  3. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts
    Ultimate Lalettan fan -moviemaniac Jaisonjyothi's Avatar

Ningal ravile kairaliyil undayirunnu alle?njanum vijithum sharathumellam matinek undayirunnu

5. Likes hakkimp liked this post

we were in for 11.30 show. :). engane, ishtappetto?
    i am no critic, i am a nobody. things i love i write, things i don't, well, i write that too. and still, i am no critic.

Ultimate Lalettan fan -moviemaniac Jaisonjyothi's Avatar

Nop macha........
    Intrestibg plot,brilliantperfomace by.muraligopi and excellent climax but poorly writtend script spoiled the whole party......

4/5 kadutha over rating...

"new generation" fan analle

Thanks bipinbenson ..............

Quote Originally Posted by Vigathakumaran View Post
    4/5 kadutha over rating...

"new generation" fan analle

illa bro, anganonnum illa. ithu vare oru cinemaye pattiyum moshamaayi njan evidem ezhuthiyottile, oru cinema kand ishtamaayillenkil, i ll feel bad and i ll hold it to myself. marich, enikk nallathenn thonniya oru cinema ethra mosham enn aaru paranjaalum, i ll stick with what i felt.

ippo avasaanam kandathil '7th Day'-um ishtappettirunnu, pakshe pathivu pole vaikiyaan kandath, athu kond ezhuthiyilla.

bhai '1 by Two' kando?

Quote Originally Posted by ClubAns View Post
    Thanks bipinbenson ..............
    welcome, man. ��.

Quote Originally Posted by ULTIMATE STAR View Post
    ����������������.