Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ###Mohun Bagan Supergiant###

Atletico de Kolkata to now be ATK – ‘Amar Tamar Kolkata’

The team will, however, continue with their red and white stripes shirts. Principal owner Sanjiv Goenka said, "The name of the team is the name of the team. We are ATK. The full form is Atletico de Kolkata but it's also 'Amar Tomar Kolkata.'"

After the end of the partnership between Atletico de Kolkata and Atletico de Madrid, the Kolkata based club of Indian Super League (ISL) will just be ATK now, expanding to ‘Amar Tomar Kolkata’ that translates to ‘Yours and Mine Kolkata’, revealed principal owner Sanjiv Goenka on Saturday, a day before the ISL 2017-18 draft.
    The team will, however, continue with their red and white stripes shirts. Goenka said, “The name of the team is the name of the team. We are ATK. The full form is Atletico de Kolkata but it’s also ‘Amar Tomar Kolkata.'”
    “Atletico de Madrid and ATK have come to an agreement that they will not be part of ATK going forward. I don’t know
    why there’s still a speculation. We have had a good relationship and we continue to be friends.”

He further said that the Madrid club has not spent a penny on their Kolkata based franchise. “Let me be very up front. Atletico de Madrid have not invested a penny till date. It was anyways funded by us not them,” he said. Along with Goenka, other co-owners of the club are Utsav Parekh, Harsh Neotia, and former India cricket captain Sourav Ganguly.
    “So it does not make a difference whether they are there or not. We have with us a competent technical team.”
    Coached by Manchester United forward Teddy Sheringham and I-League winning coach Ashley Westwood as technical director, Goenka said, “Teddy and Ashley bring in experience, success and strategy along with vision. You will see the team as we along. You will see our performance.”
    “Let’s finalise Indian players in the draft tomorrow. It’s all done. We will announce it systematically and very soon. “We don’t compete with anyone. ATK has its own base, Mohun Bagan is Mohun Bagan, East Bengal is East Bengal,” he added.

ATK signs A-League MVP Roy Krishna

Indian Super League side ATK have signed the A-League's best player, Roy Krishna, from Wellington Phoenix on a one-year deal.

The Fiji international heads to Kolkata after a breakout season in Australia's top division, where he scored 18 goals on his way to winning the golden boot, as well as the Johnny Warren Medal.

"140 years ago my ancestors came to Fiji from Kolkata, India in search of better opportunities. Today marks the start of a similar journey," the 31-year-old said on Twitter.

"I'm delighted to join ATK for a year.

"I have taken my time to make what I feel is the right decision for me and my family, and ATK presents a great new opportunity for me in a new league."

Krishna's transfer marks the end of an era in Wellington. Strike-partner David Williams has already confirmed that he will be leaving the club, while the likes of Andrew Durante, Filip Kurto and Max Burgess have all joined former Phoenix boss Mark Rudan at new A-League expansion side Western United.

My ratings for last 5 Lalettan movies:
    * 01/24 - Malaikottai Vaaliban - 4/5
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5
    * 10/22 - Monster - 2.6/5
    * 05/22 - 12th Man - 2.5/5

ATK FC create history, beat Chennaiyin to lift ISL trophy 3rd time

ATK FC defeated Chennaiyin FC 3-1 in the ISL final to lift their third title on Saturday night. The match was played behind closed doors in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak.

March 14, 2020 UPDATED: March 14, 2020 22:01 IST
    ATK won their 3rd ISL title beating Chennaiyin in the final on Saturday.
    ATK
    HIGHLIGHTS
    ATK FC became the champions of the season 6 of the ISL
    ATK defeated Chennaiyin 3-1 to lift their record 3rd title
    Javier Hernandez and Edu Garcia were the goal scorers for ATK
    ATK lifted the Indian Super League (ISL) trophy for the record 3rd time following a 3-1 win against Chennaiyin FC in the final held at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium on Saturday night.

Javier Hernandez (10') and Edu Garcia (48') put ATK in the driving seat but Nerijus Valskis (69') reduced their advantage to set up a tense end to the contest. Hernandez scored another in injury time (90+4') to confirm a record third title.

Sent from my RMX1921 using Tapatalk

ISL 2019-2020 champions

Sent from my RMX1921 using Tapatalk

@Sal kk

ATK is no more.
    Merged with Mohun Bagan as 'ATK Mohun Bagan'
    Crest, jersey etc. will be of Bagan's; even history will be carried on.

7. Likes Sal kk liked this post