Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fisherman's Review of Nanma Niranja Fraud

Default Fisherman's Review of Nanma Niranja Fraud

Fisherman's Review of Mr.Fraud
    May 17, 11 AM Show. (Show time was 11 AM, but show started only after 11:30 AM).
    EKM - Kavitha

I had good expectation since I saw several posters which kind of gave a hint that Lal's character has negative shade and is a villain throughout. Also a Lal movie after Dirshyam. Unni - Lal combo after Madampi and Grandmaster.

Now to the movie. First half is a treat for Lal fans with several one liners which are told more to audience than to the characters in the film. Intro was bad I felt. In a costume which does not suit Lal. The first hiest operation also does not have any thrill associated with the same and is shown very little without any details of how the operation was performed. Then the movie goes to the biggest operation planned by Lal's team. THere is toughness of a thief tried to be brought in during all these discussion but that toughness is serious lacking. This is one of the major problem with the movie - The central character lacks the toughness of a thief dealing with big hiest operations. On the contrary Lal plays the role with his usual ease and coolness which is the saving grace of the movie. The one liners like Njaan ippol pralobhanangalil veezhaarilla, Garbham undaakaan vannadhalla, might go well with fans but could sound awkward for other viewers. First half ends up with an average interval punch.

In the 2nd half the movie focus on how the big operation is performed and then on some other emotional content targeting family audience. The biggest problem in the 2nd half is that the focus of movie shifts from the hiest operation to the emotional content and a story build up. The Mr. Fraud turns into Nanma Niranja Fraud which I feel creates lot of dissatisfaction among the viewers. The expectation of viewers is to see a thrilling heist movie which does not get addressed. Tail end-ile get up evoked lot of laughter in the theatre. 2nd half might appeal to families though. For me 2nd half was better than 1st half.

Summary - Overall an average movie which could go well with Lal fans thanks to the first half.

Positives
    Mohanlal - With his cool performance is the saving grace of the movie.

Negatives
    Characterization of Fraud - It would have been good if the characterization of Fraud was throughout out a rough and tough guy only looking for money and no sentiments. But then we will miss the cool Mohanlal.
    Tail End Get up.
    Some dialogues in 1st half like Pralobhanam, Garbham etc..

Crowd Response
    Fans show aayadhu kondu koodudhalum claps thannaayirunnu. Tail end Get up-inu nalla chiri aayirunnu.

Rating - 2.5 / 5

Final Word - Strictly average. Could go well with Fans.

Vaalkashanam - Nanma Niranja Fraud. Nanma kaadhaapaathrangale puchichavarkku idhengane thaangaan pattumo aavo.
    Mollywood on a roll... Premalu, Brahmayugam, Manjummel Boys - Content Rich and Money Rich. Others Envy Mallu's Pride

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Thanks mukkuvan

Nanma ullakond Annan fans padam kaanillarikkum...Thnx...:)
    ‘away – beyond the worldly rules of right and wrong, there is a field; I will meet you there’

thanks mukku...

Thanks for the review...

Thanks mukkuvan ................

Quote Originally Posted by Karikamuri Shanmugan View Post
    Nanma ullakond Annan fans padam kaanillarikkum...Thnx...:)
    Lal fans akkaryathil moshama.. Ethra koora ayalum mikkavarum Lal inte thala kandal keri kandu kalayum..

Athirikkatte, ningade avtar ile film ningal kando???? Ningal kando?????????Kando??

Quote Originally Posted by RAM KOLLAM View Post
    Lal fans akkaryathil moshama.. Ethra koora ayalum mikkavarum Lal inte thala kandal keri kandu kalayum..

Athirikkatte, ningade avtar ile film ningal kando???? Ningal kando?????????Kando??
    Kandallo...thelivayit ticket nte kutti onnum chodikaruth plz..
    ‘away – beyond the worldly rules of right and wrong, there is a field; I will meet you there’

Thanks mukkuvan