Page 15 of 72 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: ♥️ Liverpool FC - the most successful English Football Club ♥️

Last edited by Karikamuri Shanmugan; 05-19-2015 at 02:28 AM.
    away beyond the worldly rules of right and wrong, there is a field; I will meet you there

2. Likes gappu liked this post

Stevie's touching farewell speech..

away beyond the worldly rules of right and wrong, there is a field; I will meet you there

4. Likes gappu liked this post

As the song goes..."Steve Gerrard is our captain, Steve Gerrard is a red, Steve Gerrard plays for Liverpool, he's a scouser born and bred."

Thank you captain...There's no Gerrard to rescue Liverpool from the dead.. next season on wards.. Good bye to Liverpool's Superman!

Stevie showing his gratitude to his beloved club for a last time..

His colleagues and others about him on farewell.

Fransesco Totti: “I’d put him in the top three, not just in England but in the world because he’s a complete player, someone who’s always made the difference ever since he was young. And he’s still doing that for Liverpool. I think people all over the world know that Gerrard has been a Liverpool legend. He’s spent many years playing for one team and has always fought for that club. He should be respected and thanked for everything he’s achieved.”

Andrea Pirlo: 'While at Milan Carlo Ancelotti came to me and said "I want to sign Steven Gerrard to play next to you in midfield - what do you think?" Without any hesitation I told him "do it - go and sign him". At this stage he was probably the most complete midfield player in Europe, of course I wanted to partner him. 'I remember asking Carlo a few weeks later how it was going, and he told me Gerrard had given a very firm no, that his bond with Liverpool was unbreakable.
    'At the time Milan were the champions of Europe and probably had the best team in the world - it says a lot about Gerrard's loyalty.'

Didi hamann: It will be a day to remember at Anfield today. Hard to put into words the impact SG had on the club in his time at LFC. Thx for the memories

Luis Garcia: "Today Anfield says goodbye to one of his sons. Our friend, our Captain...our Hero!!! Thanks for…"

Micheal Vaughan: Steve Gerrard is one a small few who in a era of chase the dollar and glory has stayed loyal to his roots

Micheal Ballack: "When a player is able to play for such a long time just for one club, and a great club like Liverpool, it's an outstanding career,It was always a joy to play against him, and he's not just a great footballer. He always had great behaviour on the pitch, which is nice to see.

"He was a gentleman on the pitch and with all his qualities, when you went to Anfield Road to face him, you knew there would always be fair play on the pitch, and that was nice."

Will update other quotes in the coming days.

Today on Gerrard's final day in a Liverpool shirt, he and his team suffered one of the most embarrassing of defeats ever. Loosing 6-1 away to Stoke City. What a terrible way to send off the legend...The players and especially the manager has to take responsibility for this...Its unpardonable and unacceptable.

Brenden Rodger's post match press conference:" If the owners want me to go, I go."

That's basically offering resignation..

Gerrard's career in Graphics...Real nice one from BBC..

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32778290

10. Likes gappu liked this post

The transfer window timeline

26/05/15-30/05/15
    After the embarrassing defeat to Stoke City Brendan Rodgers under huge pressure as talks of Jurgen Klopp taking over is in full swing.

Brendan Rodgers prepares himself for the Liverpool owner's customary end of season review. Liverpool Echo reports that Rodgers' position is safe.

Raheem Sterling heavily linked with a move away as his agent claims that Sterling won't sign a new contract even for 900,000 Euros a week.

01/06/15 - 10/06/15
    Talks of taking over at Liverpool dies down as Jurgen Klopp decides to take sabbatical from football until further notice.

Liverpool Chairman Tom Werner flies in from Boston along with FSG MD Mike Gordon for the review.

Man City MF James Milner joins Liverpool on a free transfer. His salary at Liverpool rumored to be around 150,000 pounds a week.

As a direct consequence of the end of season review, Liverpool fire first team coach Mike Marsh and Rodger's assistant Colin Pascoe in 2 days gap. Reports suggest both were fired on mutual consent of BR and FSG. Both have paid the price for Liverpool's horrendous season.

Reports suggest both were fired because they lacked significant European experience. Surprising because Pascoe had been Rodger's trusted Lieutenant for more than half a decade. Rumours say FSG did not want to fire Rodgers since they didn't want to pay him off as he is only into his first year of the 4 year contract. They expect Rodgers to resign as a show of solidarity to his coaching team.

Pako Ayesteran (who was at Liverpool as Bentiez's assistant until 2007 ) and Rene Meulesteen heavily linked to the coaching jobs.

Liverpool agrees a deal to sign Burnley hitman Danny Ings on a free. Since he is under 23 years old, Liverpool will have to pay a compensation to Burnely. Unless Liverpool can agree a fee with Burnely, the decision will go to a tribunal.

Former Liverpool legend Dietmar Hamann in an interview admits that he wants to join Rodger's coaching team at Liverpool.

Steven Gerrard admits he is surprised with the coaching changes at Liverpool and he wants Rodgers to give an explanation on it.

Jurgen Klopp's agent says he is attracted to the Premier League. And states that Klopp doesn't necessarily want a Champions League Club. He also says Klopp is ready to work with a Football director (a suggestion which Rodgers rejected at the start of his tenure as Liverpool manager).

Looks almost like a come and get me plea from Klopp to Liverpool...

Liverpool's short tour of Australia in their pre-season tour ended today with 2-0 win over Adelaide United - goals from Milner and Ings made it confortable for Reds. LFC scored another win couple of days ago over 2014 A-league champions Brisbane Roar...