Page 13 of 72 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: ♥️ Liverpool FC - the most successful English Football Club ♥️

Stevie's interview i saw on paper today.... Everything in full from Karikkamuri mentioned above.. i thought of taking a photo n post it here..

2. Likes Karikamuri Shanmugan, Giggs liked this post

4. Likes Karikamuri Shanmugan, sillan liked this post

Embarrassing defeat at Newcastle last week...Everyone expected Madrid to thrash Liverpool in the CL match...Instead the second string side put up a brave performance and were in the game all throughout....Atleast some of the players from that team deserve to start against Chelsea at the week end.....I saw no desire from the players at New Castle but there was plenty of it at Madrid....

Crucial weekend this against Chelsea, Liverpool need points and Rodgers is under the scanner....He for once employed much more pragmatic approach against Madrid at Bernabou, and managed to keep Ronaldo off the scoresheet, which in itself was an achievement considering the way he is playing....BR has been heavily criticized for his tactical stubbornness of playing Balotelli upfront alone, if he continues the same against Chelsea, am sure it will turn out to be a no contest....Liverpool need the win more than Chelsea do...But I can't see that happening without Sturridge...

My prediction for this weekend...Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea
    away beyond the worldly rules of right and wrong, there is a field; I will meet you there

Liverpool 1 - 2 Chelsea (for the sake of time line)

International break now....And unsurprisingly the break has brought another 'wonderful' news...Mario Balotelli injured and the extent of injury not known..

On the positive side....Daniel Sturridge back in full training...wonderful wonderful news for LFC and fans...I rate Sturridge as one of the best strikers in Europe, and no one else but Brendan Rodgers would be the happiest man on earth...Hope Sturridge can form the 'SAS' again...Sturridge-Sterling partnership...A fit Sturridge for the entire season will go a long way in ensuring top 4 for Liverpool FC.
    away beyond the worldly rules of right and wrong, there is a field; I will meet you there

Huge speculation in the Italian media about the future of Brendan Rodgers...Reports suggest FSG are unhappy with Rodgers' performance in the transfer market and are already lining up replacement for him.
    And as a subplot, Rafa Benitez has today hinted at quitting Napoli and has said his family is still living in Liverpool and he misses them.
    I am sure at this stage it is immature media speculation about Rodgers' future and I don't believe that for a moment..I believe he has done enough to warrant a full season with Liverpool..If he doesn't achieve the target of CL football next season, he will certainly be in line to get the bullet...
    If at all BR is fired, Liverpool should be going in for an experienced manager with international reputation...Benitez and Klopp are obvious first choices, am sure Liverpool fans will be rooting for Rafa's return to Anfield.

BR very nearly won the League ...Benitez hadn't reached that far in his six years at Anfield ..but won the Champions League
    Who were the players BR wanted ? Did the board gave enough support ?

Gerrard : “I would love a (Cesc) Fabregas or (Diego) Costa here, but I have to understand how the owners want to do it and accept I am a Liverpool player, not a Chelsea or Manchester City player"

Quote Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
    BR very nearly won the League ...Benitez hadn't reached that far in his six years at Anfield ..but won the Champions League
    Who were the players BR wanted ? Did the board gave enough support ?

Gerrard : “I would love a (Cesc) Fabregas or (Diego) Costa here, but I have to understand how the owners want to do it and accept I am a Liverpool player, not a Chelsea or Manchester City player"
    Pretty sure BR didn't try and sign Fabregas or Costa, but he did try and sign Costa last season when he hadn't become a star, in fact it was Costa who didn't want to come..Same case with Alexis..

Its clear that Rodgers doesn't have the clout and reputation as yet to attract the elite players (up until now). He has to prove last season wasn't a fluke, to really get the attention of top players. He had the money at his disposal, but the players he wanted weren't willing to come. He chose to spent 25 million on Markovic and signed Balotelli who was never going to fit into his style of play.

Both may yet come good, but the money looks wasted for now. When u spent 25 million on a player, it shud be on a player who can make immediate impact and take the team to another level. Clearly he has failed in that regard. I won't be surprised if his failings in the market and his inability to sort out the defense come to haunt him at the end of the season.

Probably the fans have never seen a Liverpool team (last season) tearing teams apart with delightful attacking play ever in the history of the club. They won't ever get such stuff from a Rafa Benitez team. That is something going in favor of BR.
    Last edited by Karikamuri Shanmugan; 11-18-2014 at 05:07 PM.

Breaking: Daniel Sturridge has suffered another injury setback after straining a thigh in training

Quote Originally Posted by vivek achayan View Post
    Breaking: Daniel Sturridge has suffered another injury setback after straining a thigh in training
    Will be out until new year...3rd injury on the trot...Huge huge blow to Liverpool's top 4 hopes and CL knockout passage...An injury which could finally end up in Brendan Rodgers getting the sack..Truly disappointing from Sturridge...BR resurrected his career when it was going no where...He would have expected Studge to come back as his savior..Going from bad to worse for BR...Its going to be true test of character and ability of the Liverpool manager, at least to be within striking distance of that top 4 until the winter transfer window opens.

Tenacious and Gritty...Finally a win in the BPL to get Liverpool back on track...After a rubbish first half where we looked desperately short of ideas, came storming back in the 2nd half with determination and focus...That was more like it...The players needed to put in that kind of a performance to save Brendan Rodgers' career at Anfield, and they stood up for him....Far far superior performance in the 2nd half...Good performances from Lucas, Sterling, Coutinho, Skrtel and Johnson....Stalwart like performance from Kolo Toure to gift Liverpool a rare clean sheet..
    Liverpool are much better with Lucas or Allen sitting in front of the back 4 than Gerrard, they offer far more protection than Stevie G.

16 years ago he came on as a sub against Blackburn Rovers and here he was again coming on as a sub in the 73rd minute. Happy anniversary Captain Fantastic..Let this love affair continue forever..