Page 46 of 72 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: ♥️ Liverpool FC - the most successful English Football Club ♥️

Madrid 3-1 Liverpool

A game that started with so much promise ended so badly. Liverpool needed some luck to beat Madrid. Instead all the luck came Madrid's way. 2 freebie goals out of which first one should have been called an offside. A wrestling challenge from Madrid captain to take out our best player.

It was just not to be this time either.

Klopp's team once again ending up as the bridesmaid... Irrespective of the result, a great season indeed. Hope Klopp gets to work immediately to get the transfer business done quickly before the world cup.
    Looking forward to 2018-19.
    ‘away – beyond the worldly rules of right and wrong, there is a field; I will meet you there’

Quote Originally Posted by Karikamuri Shanmugan View Post
    Madrid 3-1 LiverpoolA game that started with so much promise ended so badly. Liverpool needed some luck to beat Madrid. Instead all the luck came Madrid's way. 2 freebie goals out of which first one should have been called an offside. A wrestling challenge from Madrid captain to take out our best player. It was just not to be this time either.Klopp's team once again ending up as the bridesmaid... Irrespective of the result, a great season indeed. Hope Klopp gets to work immediately to get the transfer business done quickly before the world cup.Looking forward to 2018-19.
    First one off side???how

Quote Originally Posted by bilal john View Post
    First one off side???how
    Benzema was initially offside when the ball was played from midfield. On another day it would have been called off and free kick would have been awarded. In fact that was my initial reaction to the goal, that it shouldn't have stood instead a free kick should have been awarded.
    ‘away – beyond the worldly rules of right and wrong, there is a field; I will meet you there’

https://twitter.com/SrLobo79/status/...459563010?s=19

Initially I thought it was indeed unfortunate landing but a fair enough challenge that caused Salah injury.
    In fact after seeing this video am convinced that Ramos was purposefully trying to hurt him.
    Won't blame the ref..It would have been so tough for him to pick that up...

There are two parts to this challenge
    1. The crossed arms because of which Salah was on the way down. That would have resulted in a natural fall and softer landing.
    2. Three-fourth of the way down, Ramos blatantly pulls him again which results in unnatural fall. That's use of violent and excessive force. That's Red card all day long.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Karikamuri Shanmugan View Post
    https://twitter.com/SrLobo79/status/...459563010?s=19

Initially I thought it was indeed unfortunate landing but a fair enough challenge that caused Salah injury.
    In fact after seeing this video am convinced that Ramos was purposefully trying to hurt him.
    Won't blame the ref..It would have been so tough for him to pick that up...

There are two parts to this challenge
    1. The crossed arms because of which Salah was on the way down. That would have resulted in a natural fall and softer landing.
    2. Three-fourth of the way down, Ramos blatantly pulls him again which results in unnatural fall. That's use of violent and excessive force. That's Red card all day long.
    So it was ok for salah to lock arms with ramos n not ok if ramos pulls his arm

If salah didn't cross arms ..it wouldn't hav happened in first place

Quote Originally Posted by perumal View Post

Please see the video properly. See who is holding whose arms.

Quote Originally Posted by perumal View Post

And one more thing, am in no mood to argue or fight over anything. What is lost is lost and nothing can bring it back.
    The bottom line is we weren't good enough, even Salah's injury is an excuse. It's not Madrid's fault that Liverpool did not have enough quality on the bench.

I wanted to point out this fact, as lot of people including me thought seem it was a fair challenge at that time.

Merseyside Police says it is aware of death threats made to Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius after the Champions League final.
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44275380
    This is seriously insane!

Quote Originally Posted by hitman87 View Post
    Merseyside Police says it is aware of death threats made to Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius after the Champions League final.
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44275380
    This is seriously insane!
    This is just typical media ballooning things out of proportion. The general feeling is not anger, just frustration. So it's usual.
    Dejan Lovren received couple of threats when he was the villain against Spurs in the league game. It's just part and parcel of the game in this era of social media boom.