Page 41 of 72 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: ♥️ Liverpool FC - the most successful English Football Club ♥️

‘away – beyond the worldly rules of right and wrong, there is a field; I will meet you there’

‘away – beyond the worldly rules of right and wrong, there is a field; I will meet you there’

Pivotal two games coming up. Against two considerably weaker teams and hence the Achilles heel of Klopp's team. Take 6 points from these and top 4 should be there and even the second place. Absolutely crucial.

Race for Golden boots - stats comparison of top 3 Premier league scorers so far....

Liverpool 4-1 West Ham

Vibrant attacking display. Salah, Mane, Firmino on the score sheet. There was a concerted effort from players not to allow complacency to creep in. More of the same attitude and creativity please against New Castle.

Salah now with 23 in the league need 9 more in 10 matches to get past Luis Suarez's record of 31. Will be phenomenal achievement for a winger.

Marco Reus copying Sadio Mane's copied celebration..

Check out @ZAC_AE’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/ZAC_AE/status/96...836729344?s=09

Jurgen Klopp is rewriting the record books with the goal rush he's masterminding at Liverpool.

The Reds took their tally for the season to 103 in 40 matches following an emphatic 4-1 win over West Ham at Anfield.

Stats provided by Gudmundur Magnusson and his lfchistory.net website show that on a goals per game basis this is the second highest scoring campaign in Liverpool's history and the best since 1895/96.

Klopp's men are netting at a rate of 2.58 per game which is now better than Brendan Rodgers' title challengers in 2013-14 (2.56 per game).

Fourth in the club's all-time list is 1961-62 when Bill Shankly's side scored 105 goals in 47 games (2.23 per game) en route to winning the Second Division title.

Assessing the reign of every Reds boss since Shankly, Klopp is the only one who averages more than two goals per game.

Since the German took over in October 2015, Liverpool have netted 282 in 139 matches (2.03 per match).

That puts him ahead of Kenny Dalglish (1.92), Bob Paisley (1.79), Brendan Rodgers (1.77), Joe Fagan (1.72), Gerard Houllier (1.6, Rafa Benitez (1.67), Shankly (1.67), Roy Evans (1.66) and Graeme Souness (1.5.

Liverpool have 10 Premier League matches left this term and at least three more in the Champions League after their 5-0 first-leg thrashing of FC Porto.

If they maintain their current scoring rate over those 13 matches they will finish with 136 goals. That would represent the club's second highest scoring season ever.

Liverpool's latest accounts show that the club reported a profit after tax of 39million

The Reds' overall revenue for the financial year to May 31 2017 increased by 62million to 364million, a sharp rise of 20.5%.

Of the three main revenue streams, media went up by 30million to 154million, commercial climbed by 20million to 136million and matchday received a 12million boost to 74million.

A year ago Liverpool announced an overall loss of 21million but now they are back in the black and the latest set of results are all the more impressive considering that they cover the 2016/17 season when the Reds weren't competing in Europe.

*All figures in Pounds.

2-0 win against New Castle, 0-0 against Porto in CL 2nd leg.
    60 points from 29 in PL, Quarter final in the CL.
    Man Utd at OT next.