Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Munnariyipp -- Leaves you Spellbound -- My Views

Default Munnariyipp -- Leaves you Spellbound -- My Views

Saw Munnariyipp yesterday second Show....

Theater - Kazhakoottam Krishna
    Status - Despite heavy rain almost full.

My Thoughts
    I had big expectation from this team and i was pretty sure that they won't create a half baked product. After i saw the reviews here and I was little worried about the climax. But boyyy i was awestruck by the climax portions.

Unni the man .. They usually say script is the backbone of every movie, and without even a slightest of doubt, Munnariyipp is one of the brilliant scripts ever to have hit malayalam screen. Out of box thinking is one thing and turning that into a good script is another and it requires intelligent writing. Unni excelled here with class one liners in between. I am not a fan of philosphical dialogues in movies, but i really enjoyed each and every such dialogue in the movie.
    Unni really deserves an applause..take a bow

Venu is one of the best cinematographer in the country and i really admired all of his works. I have not seen his directorial debut "Daya" and whatever little i have seen from TV, i wasn't impressed .. Felt artificial to the core.. And add to that Lal's irritating antics
    But for Munnariyipp, right from the title cards to the summiting climax, he was very genuine and straight forward
    And about the narration pattern adopted, indeed it’s in the league of old K.G George classics.. Makers were able to keep the interest level of the audience till the last moment. And the climax, first of it’s kind in Malayalam movies
    Instead of spoon speeding the audience, they were left with an open ended climax.. Each one will have their own interpretation of the movie..
    It’s not a film where you see and just forget, the movie grows on you and you will have a brain exercise for sure

Performance
    Mammookkaaa…Ummaaaa …
    I always prefer the tag “Mega actor” to “Mega star” associated with mammukka and he once again proved he has the perfect blend for both
    A near perfect portrayal of the character raghavan and ikka elevated the character to another level with his subtle mannerisms and expressions. One of his best characters ever..
    Those who are saying that Raghavan didn’t offer any challenge to him, just try to enact the climax smiles by him.. Felt goosebumps watching it on screen.. Proud to be his fan
    Rest of the cast also did their job well. Aparna was the perfect cast for the journalist role and she did a commendable job.

Positives
    The biggest positive is the script itself. Unni R
    Of course Mammookka
    Venu’s packaging
    BGM by Bijipal was splendid.. I Was really disappointed with his efforts in Vikramadityan.. But he made up for it here

Negatives
    Didn’t felt any

Rating
    4.5/5

Go for it .. Don’t leave your brains anywhere; Have it and use it to enjoy a cult classic like this.
    The worst part in missing someone is to realize that we are going to miss them forever

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Daya njanun otta iruppil kandittilla ithuvare

4. Likes Identity liked this post

thanks my dear.....
    "Kochi kaanan porunnodi kochu penne
    Ninakkishttamulla kaazhcakal njan kaatti tharaam"

6. Likes Identity liked this post

Thanks....

8. Likes Identity liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Hail View Post

Daya njanun otta iruppil kandittilla ithuvare
    Welcome
    Middle east eppozha release??
    The worst part in missing someone is to realize that we are going to miss them forever

thanks id :)
    താരങ്ങളുടെ പേരില് അല്ലാതെ മലയാള സിനിമ അറിയപെടാന് തുടങ്ങുന്നു ..എല്ലാ പ്രതിസന്ധികളേം തട്ടി മാറ്റി പ്രതിഭാധന്യരായ ആളുകളിലൂടെ നമ്മുടെ സ്വന്തം മലയാള സിനിമ എന്നും വളര്ന്നു കൊണ്ടേ ഇരിക്കും

11. Likes Identity liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by PEACE THRU WAR View Post
    thanks my dear.....
    Welcome my dear

13. Likes PEACE THRU WAR liked this post

Thanks macha

15. Likes Identity liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by josemon17 View Post
    Thanks....
    Welcome Josemon

Quote Originally Posted by KSHERU View Post
    thanks id :)
    welcome..
    Loved your review as well

18. Likes KSHERU liked this post