Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amayum, Muyalum : A Post Mortem

Default Amayum, Muyalum : A Post Mortem

There is no point in discussing this movie, if it was directed by someone else....since the director was none other than legendary Priyadarshan, the master of comedies, I thought there is enough reason to write afew words about the film and the director!

Amayum Muyalum
    This film comes under the category of priyan's earlier lesser star movies like Odaruthammava alariyam, akkare ninnoru maran etc....A film intended for simple FUN....Since I have not watched "malamal weekly", this film should have satisfied majority malayalis.....Does it do so?

How's it?
    Well, after a shaky, boring half an hour, especially after "kanaakombile" song, the film impresses, there is FUN and scope for good laugh till interval!.....A ppromising first half!.....Then after 15 minutes or so the film falls steeply, irrecoverably lost!...."Avinja senti with painkili diakols".........koovals start coming, youngsters start walking out of theatre with ananthan nambiar words "Escape"!.....It was really pathetic!....The slapstick filled climax fails to impress mainly because the earlier portions have already made a huge negative impact!.....A Priyadarshan Film ends......Again koovals!!!...Yea, Priyan asked for it!

Post Mortem Report :
    The film flopped especially because of
    1) Unimaginative second half: Terrible, patience-testing
    2) Priyan's use of innocent
    3)Nauseating senti episodes, in second half!

Innocent
    He is my favourite comedian in Malayalam....But, priyan is killing the comedian in him by making him do loud, stock repetion of Chandralekha character.....kakkakuyil, vettam, amayum, muyalum.....please STOP It.....for It's sad tow see intended jokes from innocent receiving "boos" from New generation!....(You once tried tow kill comedian in Lal in "geethanjali"
    ...How many times you have heard innocent saying " Ninte ammede Pathinaram adiyanthirathinu Puzhungi Thinnu"

End of Priyan?
    Well, the last blockbuster from Priyan was chandralekha!.....A director who has two Record breakers to his credit had not delivered a BB in the last 17 years!.....With his previous movie "geethanjali" became the only disaster in his successful career!....."Arabi" , "Megham" "kakkakuyil" "vettam" were atleast average.....but, now he is about start delivering craps!......The fall was gradual, and now complete....

With all my love and respect, I would tell Priyan, if given an opportunity, " You have contributed heavily to Molllywood and Bollywood.....got undeserving success.....But, now its ttime to STOP, otherwise "a priyadasan film" tag in the end of a movie will make more laughs than the humour scenes in your movies"

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Thanks yodhave

Athra moshamaano

Priyan stop cheyyanamennu parayilla, I feel like presence of Jagathy in a film like this could have bring a lot difference

ATHIRAN - GO FOR IT, EXCELLENT DEBUT BY DIRECTOR VIVEK

4. Likes rajaips liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ITV View Post
    Thanks yodhave

Athra moshamaano

Priyan stop cheyyanamennu parayilla, I feel like presence of Jagathy in a film like this could have bring a lot difference
    Welcome ITV

I liked first half well esp the whole lottery episode!...The plot was blockbuster material...but, second half was very lengthy with cliched love track, senti scenes that spoiled the film!......This film shouldhave treated focussing on humour to create a laugh riot!!....

Thanks Yodha

7. Likes yodha007 liked this post

Thanxx Yodha

9. Likes yodha007 liked this post

thanxxx bhaiiii
    മേരേ പ്യാരേ...ദേശ് വാസിയോം...യോം...യോം ..യോം ........

11. Likes yodha007 liked this post

Thanks Yodha....
    King is always king 🤴 ...

13. Likes yodha007 liked this post

Thx Machaaa

15. Likes yodha007 liked this post

Thank u ...priyan oru rajasenan level crapsilotu povarathu ....stock theerana back off cheyam...
    Eppo hindiyilum padam onnum illalo...
    വിരഹത്തിൻ ചൂടേറ്റു വാടിക്കൊഴിഞ്ഞു നീ
    വിടപറയുന്നോരാ നാളിൽ
    നിറയുന്ന കണ്ണുനീര്തുള്ളിയിൽ സ്വപ്നങ്ങൾ
    ചിറകറ്റു വീഴുമാ നാളിൽ
    മൗനത്തിൽ മുങ്ങുമെൻ ഗദ്ഗദം മന്ത്രിക്കും
    മംഗളം നേരുന്നു തോഴീ

17. Likes yodha007 liked this post

@yodha007 Nice review. FYI, Akkare Ninnoru Maran was directed by Girish and not Priyan.

19. Likes yodha007 liked this post