Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Review:"I" like the film

Default Review:"I" like the film

[MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS ]
    Shankar
    is undoubtedly the biggest showman in the Indian film industry. But there are criticisms for his films- like the critics say his films are of 2 halves where post interval scenes are always better, or like the way he treats his heroines(they are very traditional and strong women who during song sequences changes to just props), or his heroes( they are usually the only son of a middle class family from a high caste ) . But as his records say, it never affected his films or their box-office records because audience know what to expect from a Shankar film( Songs, VFX,stunts and a gripping tale).

This time he returns with Vikram after Anniyan and he delivers, again. "I", unlike Muthalvan,Indian,Gentleman,Anniyan or Sivaji, doesn't have a sociopolitical message , but it still has revenge and romance and the reasons or motives here are more personal.

The film tells the story of a local Chennai bodybuilder / gym instructor Lingwesaran(Vikram) who aspires to be Mr India and he even wins Mr TN title. But this guy loves the supermodel Diya(Amy Jackson)- he has her every picture, every product she endorses(including lingerie), never misses her ads on TV. Its like he breathes her. And one day, after some incidents fellow model John(Upen Patel), Diya invites Lingu to the modelling with the help of her family friend and Vikram's student at the gym, Dr(Suresh Gopi)-i don't remember his character name.Thus Lingwesaran turns Lee and as you can guess it, he becomes the biggest male supermodel in the industry. But there are some people who are not happy with his growth and they decide to finish off his career. How Lee revenges against those people form the rest of the plot.

Well the plot has several loopholes and is not as good as Shankar's best works(Indian,Muthalvan or Gentleman). But even then Shankar has a quality screenplay and succeeds in making a very good thriller and has all his stamps all over it -daring stunt scenes, beautiful visuals and never-seen-before VFX and ofcourse the songs.Second half scenes were much better and reveals more about the plot.The last third portions were also quality.

As usual AR Rahman creates some very good numbers for his ally(Aila Aila is my favorite). PC Sreeram ,T Muthuraj(Production Designer) also shine in their respective departments. The special effects and make up works were amazing and is the best in an Indian film.

And yeah Vikram- if the film becomes a succes,then he can claim his credit for it, like Shankar. I don't think he'll ever any awards and its not just hard-work and dedication, he puts in an amazing performance.Brilliant. And just like Vikram, I dont think any actress from south Indian films could do what Amy Jackson in this film (maybe Sonam Kapoor,Deepika Padukone or Katrina Kaif, but on one from south). She was just stunning and so beautiful. Its a much improved performance from her.
    Others including Santhanam,Suresh Gopi,Upen Patel and many others didn't have the prominence like Vikram and Amy but everyone did their parts well, though Upen Patel's John was just another angry,jealous guy character .

So I'm giving 3.5/5 for this film. It didn't exceed my expectations and didn't disappoint me either. Its not Indian or Muthalvan, but still a very good Tamil festive film after long time and another standard Shankar-ARR film.

Ponnani Shakthi,8 AM Special Show.
    Wenger: If you love football, you love Tomas Rosicky

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Thanks.Man......

4. Likes jackramsey liked this post

Thanks for the review and warning..ath kond thanne vaayichilla

FK Manikyam

THnx Jackramsey.........

7. Likes jackramsey liked this post

thanks!!...i like reading your reviews/opinions..

9. Likes jackramsey liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ACME View Post
    Thanks for the review and warning..ath kond thanne vaayichilla
    spoiler illa ennu karuthunnu but plot alppam detailed ayi undu

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    thanks!!...i like reading your reviews/opinions..
    Thanks man. i'll definitely keep that in mind :)

thanks for the review

thanks for the review

thanks machaaa