Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vikram's I - Digambaran's review

Default Vikram's I - Digambaran's review

Innu kandu.

3.1 manikoor. Aakethuka cheviyil oru moolalum thalavedanayum.

It's loud and clear. The decline of one of the greatest ever Indian commercial filmmakers is a sure thing. What's worse is the signs are all too obvious. Too vain attempts to imitate his own past glory. We saw that with Chris Nolan in Interstellar this year and now Shankar is emulating him. Munpu Shankarinte padathil "strengths" ennu parayavunna ellaam ee padathil addehathinte weakness aayi marunna kaazchayaanu padathil kaanan sadhikunnath.

Songs were utterly lavishly shot, but kandirangumbo munp shankar chithrangalil kandathil kooduthalonnum thanne illa. Much hyped work by Weta Workshop looks in the whole context irrelevant and serves only to distract. AR Rahman's music, well, after 6 months of listening, still is nowhere near his previous collaborations with Shankar. Seriously what was the need to have two songs showing nothing but advertisements (that too shot in a cringeworthy fashion) that might well make the advertisers sue Shankar for portraying their products in a laughable manner?

Fights - Too long, and too generic to register in the mind post the movie.

Pinne verenthaanu? Thrills? Angine oru sambavame ithil illa. Kochu kuttikalkku vare first few scenes kazhinjaal ekadesham oohikkaam aarokkeyanu villains, enthaanu "twist" ennathokke. Last train fight okke enthinano entho, added nothing to the movie but burn a few crores for the producer.

Which brings me to the key positive about the movie. Performances. Vikram - You're just great. Unbelievable dedication and he carries the whole dud of a movie on his shoulders. Was totally convincing in all three avatars he did. Sad to see such a great actor totally wasted by the industry in the last 6-7 years (with one exception). Ithinte one tenth dedication uyarnnuvarunna etengilum midukkan samvidhayakarde koode aayirnengi!!! Amy comes next. Sadharana Shankar padangalile pole "prop" aavenda oru character but she has done tremendous justice to it. And then of course, nammude Suresh annan. Orotta scene mathy annante "mass" power vilichothan... aa cigeratte kathichu kondu thiryunna scene.. He was really cool in his role.

And another positive was ARR's BGM. Pazhakiya biryaniyude manamadikunna drishyangalil polum enthengilum oru puthuma thoniyengil ath BGM mathram aanu. Songsile experimentation athiru kadannathinu paschathappam enna nilayil BGM nalla nilavarathilekk ARR uyarthiyittund.

Summation

Positives - Performances, BGM
    Negatives - Direction, script, songs, fights, meh pretty much everything else. Pinne kurach kaadum malayum thadakavum paadangalum shoot cheythu athinu digitally color cheyth "wow wonderful cinematography" ennu vilikkunavarundavum, but for me its just laziness. Didn't like.

Overall - 4/10
    Nova cinemas - 25% occupancy.
    verdict : Avoid.
    Proud fan of: Lalettan, Sachin, AR Rahman, Prithviraj, Modi and Pope Francis

All my posts subject to bias for the persons mentioned above

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Overall - 4/10

thanxxxxxxxxxxxxx digambaran
    മേരേ പ്യാരേ...ദേശ് വാസിയോം...യോം...യോം ..യോം ........

Thanks Diggu

Thanks...Totally agree with your views on Shankar and the movie but not Rahman. I felt this movie totally showed the demise of two wonderful talents of past both Rahman and Shankar. Disappointing in all sense.
    ‘away – beyond the worldly rules of right and wrong, there is a field; I will meet you there’

Second chance..?

Thx Diggu

thanks........
    ജീവന്റെ അവസാന തുടിപ്പ് വരെ
    ഞാന് ഒരു മമ്മുക്ക ഫാന് ആയിരിക്കും.

Welcome all

Quote Originally Posted by Karikamuri Shanmugan View Post
    Thanks...Totally agree with your views on Shankar and the movie but not Rahman. I felt this movie totally showed the demise of two wonderful talents of past both Rahman and Shankar. Disappointing in all sense.
    I am a hardcore fan of Rahman and I admit I am totally disappointed with ARR's score in I.. by his own lofty standards.

But the BGM was on a diff level in my opinion. Palayidathum aake salvaging factor athaayirunnu.

Oru karyam agree cheyunnu, ARR is definitely on the slide as well, pakshe that is considering his own unbelievable lofty perches. Ippzhum he can throw up some singles out of the blue that are just mind flabbergasting.
    Proud fan of: Lalettan, Sachin, AR Rahman, Prithviraj, Modi and Pope Francis

All my posts subject to bias for the persons mentioned above

Thanks Anna

ATHIRAN - GO FOR IT, EXCELLENT DEBUT BY DIRECTOR VIVEK