Thread: I - Worth A Watch For All The Efforts Put Into !!

Default I - Worth A Watch For All The Efforts Put Into !!

I"
    Theatre:Thalam Cinemas,Wadakkancherry
    Date::15/01/15
    Show::11:00 AM

~Review~
    _________
    Worth A Watch For All The Efforts Put Into !!

Atlast got to see Shankar's Magnum Opus 'I' after a long wait for 3 years.Is it worth all the wait? The answer is close upon an yes.

Fortunately in the case of I,my first movie outing of 2015,an easily predictable screenplay with its share of noticeable loopholes is salvaged by Shankar's engaging narration,an outstanding performance from Chiyaan,brilliant visuals by P.C.Sreeram,flawless VFX by Rising Sun Pictures,thrilling action sequences by Yuen Woo-Ping & Catchy tunes by A.R.R.

Yes,even though I is no way among the best films by Shankar & is yet another typical Tollywood revenge drama narrated in larger canvas,it has its moments that make it a decent romantic thriller worth a watch for all.

At 189 minutes,the movie feels lengthy with many unwanted sequences which could have been eliminated,courtesy better editing,which on the positive side doesn't make stumbling block for a smooth cinematic experience due to the technical soundness,rich visuals & appreciable performances.

No words can make up for the dedication & effort that Chiyaan spent for the wholeness in portraying the character invested upon him & this one will be counted among his best performances till date.The prosthetic makeup department headed by Christian Tinsley deserves a special mention for making the hunchback & beast characters look so impactful on screen.Suresh Gopi did an appreciable job portraying his part quiet well.Amy jackson was lovable,looking extremely gorgeous & pulling out her character with ease.Upen Patel,Ramkumar Ganesan,Ojas Rajani,Kamaraj etc gave notable support.

Music & score by A.R.Rahman plays a major role in assigning the emotions of the characters to viewers & the songs have been shot colorfully with memorable visuals the same way as in Shankar films from the past.

Overall,I has a simple,passable screenplay narrated lavishly by Shankar which can easily classify as a decent flick worth a try.

Performances::
    *Santhanam tickles the funbone with his trademark style humor.
    *Ramkumar Ganesan,Upen Patel,Ojas Rajani etc were good.

Some +Ves ::
    _________
    *Music & Background Score by maestro A.R.R.
    *Chiyaan.
    *Song & Action Choreography.
    *Cinematography by P.C.Sreeram.

Some -Ves::

Verdict::I is a typical Shanker product where the richness of frames satisfyingly takes care of loopholes spread through a rather weak screenplay.Excellent Performances from the cast,lavishly shot songs,colorful visuals,daredevil action sequences & brilliant VFX works that can compete with films from the west all combined makes this a 'Paisa-Vasool' offering for all the sections.Worth a try it is!
    Ma Rating::7/10
    _Afsal
    #FKLover

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Ippol positive reviews pouring ayallo....

Thanks Afsal....

thanks afsal

thanxxx afsal
    മേരേ പ്യാരേ...ദേശ് വാസിയോം...യോം...യോം ..യോം ........

FK SULTHAN

afsal

Thanks AfsalTouchriver ................