Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fireman Review

Default Fireman Review

Cinema : Inox Khargar, Screen 4

Plot: A tanker tragedy and the mission to salvage the situation. As the mission progresses, Fireman Vijay faces some more unexpected problems that he must solve. Being a thriller I am not going into anymore details.

Mammootty is really the man who carries the movie forward. Energetic performance. Looked good as usual, except for the first scene where it looked odd that such a good looking man had whacked on so much make up. There are many scenes where the fans can rejoice, and i found many scenes "massier" than the so called mass film Rajadhiraja. First half when he calls for the fire suit and kits up, the BGM, the look..really cursed the fact that I am watching this movie with a dead silent audience. From the fireman who is unflinching in front of others, to the slight fear creeping up his face when the problems keep mounting, to the breakdown towards the end, Mammootty has nailed it.

Sadly, the biggest negative of the film is the supporting cast for me. Salim Kumar delivers a performance which was really irritating. Unbecoming of a national award winner. People have said it might be due to his health. But even his dialogues felt forced. Unni Mukundan performs as expected. I like him, he seems a nice guy from his interviews, but he just goes over the top with every given opportunity. The lead fireman who starts the mission, i forgot his name, was decent. But someone with a more powerful screen presence would have elevated the role.

Siddique and Nyla are decent, but they have nothing much to do.

Deepu had a great opportunity here. But i don't think he utilised it properly. There are some loose ends in the script. Thankfully, we realise that there are no explanations coming for some of the scenes, only towards the fag end of the movie. So even though you are a tad bit disappointed with it, while watching the movie you are not bored. An engaging watch which is a bit flat at the end. But he has done better than his previous films. Liked some of the details he has gone into, the ceremonial send off to the retiring officer for example.

All in all fireman is a good watch. But slight flaws in the script and some of the cast restricts the movie from attaining its full potential.

Rating : 3/5. Oru fresh theme. Kurach koodi nannakiyengil sure BB aayene.

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Thanks for the review...

4. Likes Malik liked this post

Thanks acme

Thanks Ashick... Neatly put
    The worst part in missing someone is to realize that we are going to miss them forever

acme

Thanks Acme

Welcome chunks

FK Citizen

Thanx Acme.
    "I" WILL SEE YOU SOON

Thanks ACME

Thanx acme...