Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fireman - My Review

Default Fireman - My Review

Theater: DC Cinemas, Virginia
    Show: 4 pm, Feb 28 2015

A movie about fireman, fire and safety awareness, gas leakage prevention etc is first of its kind in malayalam cinema but above all to make it thrilling is where Director Deepu Karunakaran succeeded.

Story: As mentioned by all, it's all about fireman Vijay (Mammootty) and his team trying to prevent a gas leakage explosion. Even though the main plot lies around this, the story does not end here and there is enough twist and turns in the proceedings.

To be frank, its hard to believe such a movie came from a director like Deepu Karunakaran who made slapstick entertainers like 'Teja Bhai & family' and 'Crazy Gopalan'. Hats off to Deepu for trying out a daring theme and ending up triumphant. Kudos to scripting team handled by Manoj, Ranjith and Deepu but they could have detailed a bit more on Salim Kumar's character.

Rahul Raj's background score adds enough thrill while editing was pitch perfect to make the duration just around 2 hours. There was never a dull moment and good that it did not have any unnecessary commercial elements like songs, comedy etc. Since the team postponed the release multiple times to make it technically better, the graphics was still not that effective as expected still it was not that bad.

Coming to the performance, Mammukka in full form Vintage fiery dialog delivery was more than enough to feel the mass and no sorts of extra heroism was required to uplift fans. Thoroughly enjoyed and wished I could have watched it from a fan filled atmosphere. Just one action sequence, no slow motion walks and no punch dialogues, but it was not at all required for him to raise the bar. I did not feel this much energy level in a mass movie like Rajadhi Raja.
    Unni Mukundan still needs to improve in expressing emotional scenes, while other supporting cast including Nyla Usha, Harish Pisharady etc were fine. With just 2 or 3 scenes, Siddique was terrific but Salim Kumar was not that effective in an important role.

Overall, Fireman was something refreshing and new in terms of theme and for me, it's one of the best thrillers released in recent times. If this movie was done by some young actors, then all would have hailed this movie in social media just like Traffic. That does not mean Fireman is an equally good movie like Traffic but I felt it almost matched 70% of the thrilling mood Traffic created (strictly my opinion).

Verdict: A fine thriller & tribute to fire force team
    Rating: 3.75/5

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

താങ്ക്സ് അയ്യാര്*

Good review

thanks bhai....
    ജീവന്റെ അവസാന തുടിപ്പ് വരെ
    ഞാന് ഒരു മമ്മുക്ക ഫാന് ആയിരിക്കും.

Thanks Bhai

Ningalum kandalle

thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by KulFy View Post
    Ningalum kandalle
    Annan kando?

Quote Originally Posted by sethuramaiyer View Post
    Annan kando?
    illa....veettinnu purathirangiya kaalu thalli odikkum ennu veettukaar paranju