Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100 Days of Love Review from Kuwait - A Sweet & Breezy Romantic Affair

Default 100 Days of Love Review from Kuwait - A Sweet & Breezy Romantic Affair

Theatre- Aijal Cinemas, Kuwait
    Date:26/3/2014
    Time 9:30 PM

Before I went to watch the movie, I had a lot of expectations after I saw most of the reviews that had come up in FK as well as FB. 100 Days of love marks the return of the lovely pair of Dulquer and Nithya Menon after Usthad Hotel. Legendary Director Kamal's son Jenuse Mohammed takes the director'r bandwagon which also helps in building the curiosity factor. Also, Thaikkudum frontman and the insanely talented Govind Menon scores the music.

About the movie:

The whole movie is shot in Bangalore and the way the movie is shot reminds you of some evergreen hollywood romantic comedies. The whole urban metro setup is seldom seen in Malayalam Cinema and it is set up quite exquisitely by Jenuse. The first half takes some time to pick up and it lags a bit. But it gradually attains its flow during the end of the first half. The basic plot is a cliche one where Hero meets the heroine and it is Love at First Sight. But the directors treatment is where the movie lands up in another zone when compared to the usual romantic flicks.
    The second half of the movie is extremely pleasant and it goes about in rapid place. There a lot of beautiful romantic scenes which are very well conveyed. The chemistry between Dulquer and Nithya is sparkling.

Performances:

Dulquer Salman is just pitch perfect as Balan K Nair. Noone can play an uber cool metro guy like Dulquer does. His screen presence is mindblowing. The role is typical DQ territory and he carries it effortlessly. The man can do comedy, masala and he shows that he is at home playing romance as well.
    Nithya Menon is drop dead gorgeous. For me, she is the most beautiful actress we have. Even Nithya has done too many romanctic movies. I am sure Noone will take the eyes off the screen when Nithya is there. Her chemistry with Dulquer was just brilliant.
    Shekhar Menon was good playing supporting cast to Dulquer.
    Rahul Madhav looked smart, suave and cunning which was required for his role.
    Vineeth n Praveena was a welcome change in the 'Parents' role in Malayalam Cinema

Technical:

Jenuse Mohammed has come out with a solid directorial debut. His screenplay and presentation was top notch. Another director to watch out for
    Pradeesh Varma'S Camerawork made Bangalore looks serenely beautiful
    Bijibal's BGM was one of the main positives of the movie. The scene where DQ sees Nithya for the first time had a gorgeous BGM.
    Govind Menon music was in sync with the flow of the movie. My pick was Arike Pozhiyum which is an awesome song. Other tracks were also good.

One of Malayalam Cinema's finest urban romantic movies. Its not everyones cup of tea. But if you like romantic movies with an ounce of comedy, 100 days of love fits the bill.
    Rating :4/5
    Last edited by melodyguy; 06-13-2015 at 01:52 AM.

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

thanks my dear.....
    "Kochi kaanan porunnodi kochu penne
    Ninakkishttamulla kaazhcakal njan kaatti tharaam"

thanks..

Thanks for the review...
    തിയറ്റർ അടച്ചിട്ട് ഹൗസ്ഫുൾ ബോർഡ് തൂക്കുന്ന താരമല്ല, തിയറ്റർ
    നിറച്ചിട്ട് ഹൗസ്ഫുൾ ബോർഡ് തൂക്കുന്ന താരമാണ് മമ്മൂക്ക

Thanks melodyguy

Thnks.....

Thanks melodyguy

Thanks yaaar