Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ivan Maryadha Raman (Remaking is an Art)

Default Ivan Maryadha Raman (Remaking is an Art)

Remaking
    When we talk about "remakes", one name often enter the discussion : Priyadarshan!.....A Master in this field!....over the years, he tried almost everything part of this art of remaking.....almost always successfully!....It worked?......because he knew well that remaking a movie is not just mere copying original and translating the source!.......One needs to remould the original in native condition in accordance with the aesthetics of home audience!.....

Remaking a Telugu Movie!
    I don't know whether any telugu movie has ever been officially remade in Malayalam before.......When heard about Anto Joseph buying the rights of a Telugu movie for remaking, My first reaction was pure wonder!.....Yes, there was the usual scepticism & prejudice against tollywood masala!....After watching the initial portions of "Maryada Ramanna", the remake attempt felt justifiable!.....

Maryada Ramanna
    This is a "Time Pass" movie made by Raja Mouli, said to be a blockbuster in tollywood!....Unlike, typical Telugu flicks, it involves around the attempt of an innocent, youngster in defending his life inside the enemy household!.....Plot is interesting!....there is a nice mix of humour, thrill throughout!......I watched the whole movie without subs, yet never felt bored though language was unitelligible to me!.....
    I would rate that film above average because making a film without super hero stuff in telugu is quite refreshing trend!

Dilip Entertainer
    I don't usually watch dilip entertainers at theaters....The last movie was "Marykundoru Kunjad".......At Cherthala paradise theatre, I broke that trend yesterday.....with my wife, a loyal fan of dilip entertainers!....

Ivan Maryada Raman
    Photocopy remaking at its best!....that's what this movie is all about!.....same story, same characters, same screen pproperty, same dialogue, same music, same body language by actors, same shots ........sameness!....a very faithful remake indeed!....Telugu version runs around 2 hrs, mallu version runs around 2.45 hours! .......how & why......to accomodate dilipism.....fortunately, by the end of movie you don't remember which scenes were manufactured by sibi-ukri team!....

Entertainment Value
    I successfullly watched a dilp movie in a stretch!......yes, its watchable!....thanks to rajamouli!.....there are a few laughs....thanks to mouli again!....BGM was good!....thanks to raja sir, again!.......villion was good!...same Telugu villion!......

Performance
    Sorry, no comments!..... no actors need to perform!.....just need to imitate what telugu actors did...they did that well!.....

My complaint
    Remaking is an Art!.....it's more than copy & paste.....Its a pity that makers could not create a single genuine humour situation, absent in original!......climax and engangement fixing scene felt unconvincing!....That's what eventually happens,When you try to copy something blindly!...

Response
    Kids certainly enjoyed it.....dilip-fan-families.... OK.....

Final comments
    Average for normal viewers......Above Average for dilip lovers!...Watchable inded!...Expecting a Hit (minimum)!.....

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

thanks...
    reviewing is an art..

4. Likes yodha007 liked this post

thanks yodha bhai...very good review.....

6. Likes yodha007 liked this post

Thanks yodha007

thanks my dear......
    "Kochi kaanan porunnodi kochu penne
    Ninakkishttamulla kaazhcakal njan kaatti tharaam"

thanx macha...spot on review...!

Thanks for the review. Cinemaye kurich onumillallo

Thanks 4 d rvw

Reviewing is an art ( mmde Mary paranjapole )

esp reviewing with good mixup of past present +ves & -ves

Quote Originally Posted by yodha007 View Post
    Remaking
    When we talk about "remakes", one name often enter the discussion : Priyadarshan!.....A Master in this field!....over the years, he tried almost everything part of this art of remaking.....almost always successfully!....It worked?......because he knew well that remaking a movie is not just mere copying original and translating the source!.......One needs to remould the original in native condition in accordance with the aesthetics of home audience!.....

Remaking a Telugu Movie!
    I don't know whether any telugu movie has ever been officially remade in Malayalam before.......When heard about Anto Joseph buying the rights of a Telugu movie for remaking, My first reaction was pure wonder!.....Yes, there was the usual scepticism & prejudice against tollywood masala!....After watching the initial portions of "Maryada Ramanna", the remake attempt felt justifiable!.....

Maryada Ramanna
    This is a "Time Pass" movie made by Raja Mouli, said to be a blockbuster in tollywood!....Unlike, typical Telugu flicks, it involves around the attempt of an innocent, youngster in defending his life inside the enemy household!.....Plot is interesting!....there is a nice mix of humour, thrill throughout!......I watched the whole movie without subs, yet never felt bored though language was unitelligible to me!.....
    I would rate that film above average because making a film without super hero stuff in telugu is quite refreshing trend!

Dilip Entertainer
    I don't usually watch dilip entertainers at theaters....The last movie was "Marykundoru Kunjad".......At Cherthala paradise theatre, I broke that trend yesterday.....with my wife, a loyal fan of dilip entertainers!....

Ivan Maryada Raman
    Photocopy remaking at its best!....that's what this movie is all about!.....same story, same characters, same screen pproperty, same dialogue, same music, same body language by actors, same shots ........sameness!....a very faithful remake indeed!....Telugu version runs around 2 hrs, mallu version runs around 2.45 hours! .......how & why......to accomodate dilipism.....fortunately, by the end of movie you don't remember which scenes were manufactured by sibi-ukri team!....

Entertainment Value
    I successfullly watched a dilp movie in a stretch!......yes, its watchable!....thanks to rajamouli!.....there are a few laughs....thanks to mouli again!....BGM was good!....thanks to raja sir, again!.......villion was good!...same Telugu villion!......

Performance
    Sorry, no comments!..... no actors need to perform!.....just need to imitate what telugu actors did...they did that well!.....

My complaint
    Remaking is an Art!.....it's more than copy & paste.....Its a pity that makers could not create a single genuine humour situation, absent in original!......climax and engangement fixing scene felt unconvincing!....That's what eventually happens,When you try to copy something blindly!...

Response
    Kids certainly enjoyed it.....dilip-fan-families.... OK.....

Final comments
    Average for normal viewers......Above Average for dilip lovers!...Watchable inded!...Expecting a Hit (minimum)!.....
    Dear adikoodal Fans . . .@boxoffice . . .WOM > Starpower . . . Just remember dattt . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by maryland View Post
    thanks...
    reviewing is an art..
    Welcome & Thanks......
    FK-il eppol review ittalum first page-il mary chechi-de comments undakum!......FK legend...

Quote Originally Posted by renjuus View Post
    thanks yodha bhai...very good review.....
    Welcome & thanks dear......
    Palakkad BO engane?