Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prithviraj's Ivide review

Default Prithviraj's Ivide review

PVR 3:45 pm show Almost Full or Houseful

The pace and genre of the movie was very clear from the beginning. I never expected a racy thriller from Shyamaprasad and hence the pace of the movie was never a hindrance in enjoying the same. We had films like Gangster, Big B and Iyob where in, making was par with Hollywood movies but still the screenplay where villains in all those cases. But here the screenplay, direction, acting and all other departments were competing with each other for perfection.

But is the movie of world class standards ?

Shyamaprasad has done full justice to the direction which is top class.

Then comes Prithviraj, a hollywood style acting from the mollywood superstar. He was excellent and for me this is his best work till date. He just lived the role of Varun Blake. I have always felt that he is a bit overrated in most of the movies except Ayalum Njanum Thammil. He usually puts a bit more than needed in most of his movies, but his movie selection is always top class. Here Prithvi as Varun Blake flew away all my assumptions. A controlled acting was visible through out the movie, some thing you could often see in Mammootty's acting. Hats Off Prithvi, you were extra-ordinary. All the cast were good.

How about Nivin Pauly as Krish Hebbar?

Here lies the first mismatch, as someone rightly pointed out this role was too much for Nivin and most of the times his acting reminded me of Kuttan in Bangalore Days which is never matching for a movie like Ivide. I strongly feel he has a lot of way to go before considered as a great actor. The best alternative for Krish Hebbar was Dulquar Salman. There were instances where in the accent of Nivin was really bad and never suiting the character. One has to understand that he is a CEO and a better English is expected here. After hearing from Prithvi, the accent of Nivin sounded really bad. Dulquar would have scored more here. Also the character would have suited DQ more than Nivin. Nivin is a pakka mallu guy and his acting resembles the same, can be compared to some old comic movies of Mohanlal in the early 90's.

The second major drawback of the movie was the portion towards the climax and the climax scenes. This was the biggest let down for the movie. How could a movie of world class standards have a climax like malayalam movies of 80's or before. Script writer and director should have reworked on this and come u with a simple but strong one. That would have made a big impact in the final verdict of the movie.

Apart from these let downs, Ivide could be considered as the movie which has hollywood standards and wonderful acting from Prithviraj. Thriller movies are not always cat and mouse games, there could be movies with some difference and Ivide is one of them. So with a decent climax and DQ as Krish Hebbar the movie would have been the best and first of its genre in Malayalam.

Rating: 3.5/5

N.B. If Prithvi is not there in the industry, who could be Varun Blake, definitely its Mammootty. I think when it comes to the US accent Prithvi is way ahead but still Mammotty could also have taken this role to heights. Just out of curiosity, if this movie had happened in mid or late 90's, who would have done the lead roles, for me Varun Blake would be Mammootty and Krish Hebbar would be Mohanlal.
    Last edited by SachinMammookka; 05-30-2015 at 11:51 PM.

2. Likes Spunky, hakkimp, aqildiego, AnWaR, Saathan liked this post
  3. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Thanks for the review... I agree completely with the title and I dont think there's a replacement for Varun blake, be it mammootty or whomever

5. Likes SachinMammookka liked this post

Good review... thanks..

ENNU NINTE MOIDEEN

7. Likes SachinMammookka liked this post

9. Likes SachinMammookka liked this post

thanks SM....

11. Likes SachinMammookka liked this post

thanks bhai..good review...repped..

13. Likes SachinMammookka liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by AnWaR View Post
    thanks bhai..good review...repped..
    thanks machane

FK Visitor

good review..

16. Likes SachinMammookka liked this post

thanks , i actually felt nivin did very well , maybe one of his better performance, if not the best, chila scenes kidu aayirunnu,accent enikkum thonni, pakshe athu manapporvam oru mallu english accent koduthathu aanu ennu thonni, to make the contrast with prithvi accent more noticeable
    Recent malayalam movies
    Aadhi: action packed thriller
    Aadu2: well made entertainer
    Queen: average movie with good first half
    Shikari Shambhu: average run of mill entertainer

18. Likes SachinMammookka liked this post

Thanks for the review

20. Likes SachinMammookka liked this post